Our Fractured Crown: An Eastern Roman Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
The story so far would make for a pretty good historical drama series down the line.
That's some pretty high praise, thanks!
Maybe Stefan Dusan here ends up being historically prominent for his wars against the Hungarians instead?
If I'm honest, I don't know much about Hungary within this period of time, nor how Dusan would interact with them if I'm honest. Some help in this regard would be nice, but I'll likely still have to do a decent amount of research to hammer things out.

If I'm honest, I don't know much about Hungary within this period of time, nor how Dusan would interact with them if I'm honest. Some help in this regard would be nice, but I'll likely still have to do a decent amount of research to hammer things out.
I'd think seeing Serbia take Croatia and Boznia and Herzegovina would be very interesting.

A well managed period of relative peace was exactly what the Romans needed. Really they'd needed that throughout their history but better late than never!

That's some pretty high praise, thanks!

Hungary was already much stronger than Serbia and was ruled by very capable monarchs(Charles I and Louis I “The Great") during this period,so Serbians couldn't really do them much damage. But it's possible they team up to partition Bosnia.

The main thing to note is that Dusan's Serbia was crushed in battle before it even gained it's momentum.

Historically Dusan's father did a lot of damage to the Romans, and while this was temporarily reversed, the Serbs were able to steal all that land again when the Romans went into their civil war in 1341.

Within the TL Andronikos and his men crushed Stefan Decanski before he, or his heir Dusan, were able to do much damage. Dusan's effectively inherited a Kingdom that lost it's last major war and is still rebuilding its army.

The fact that Dusan won't be able to rely on the 1341-1347 Civil War as a springboard to yoinking Macedon, Thessaly and Albania means he's never going to be as great of a threat to the Romans as he was OTL.

Also, glad you're enjoying the TL, thanks for commenting x3
It had been a while since I read the first part, sorry about that….

But right, if Serbia is still reeling from that it makes sense that they won’t be an issue for a while. Dušan seemed intent on expansion, though, so I’m certain he’ll try for something eventually. He went into Bosnia OTL, so that’s a given.

@Damian0358 any thoughts?

Lexijag

Banned
Nicely done. I like where this is going. I think some organized process of succession to keep things humming in the future will be necessary soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.