Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work as always, @Kanan .

I was wondering, since there is quite a bit that is worse ITTL compared to IOTL, what is better in terms of economy?

I know there are some places in Africa as well as Germany, but most of the nations are the same or worse from what I see. Could you possibly give me some more info?

Also, how's good ol' Cuba doing? Are they more developed ITTL?

Well given that Accra, the center of the homeland of the Ga people, is now the capitol of the white pensioners homeland, I imagine that many of them were heavily involved in the Gold Coast Insurgency, and as such Britain 'diffused' them to other parts of Africa...

Great. I’m starting to like this TL’s version of Britain less and less...

Competitive elections in Singapore! What a marvel!

Indeed! The People's Action Party went a similar route to the KMT in China, culminating in a dismantlement of the regime and the restoration of true Democracy to Singapore.

The PAP is THIRD place? I think many things in this timeline is plausible, but tis' is truly sorcery!

On a more serious note, great job once again!

Thanks so much!

This is what I imagined what Rhodesia would've been like without Mugabe. While it may not a be a hellhole of hyperinflation, it would still struggle in ensuring equality to all citizens.

Overall, you did well to paint a mixed picture.

Absolutely. I'd think there would be more problems, different problems, and I felt it was time to dive deeper in Rhodesia to show how, exactly, it would be different. Thank you!

The "America Singapore Votes" graphics style works pretty well doesn't it :p

It sure does!

ok what on earth is the concerned gardening party?

The Concerned Gardening Party is an interest group formed by gardeners in the city of Accra who are protesting the city's recent regulations against home gardens (namely, they must not be visible from the road), as well as the closing of several community gardens to make way for condo development. Due to the fact that the city of Accra is ~90 seats and it uses STV in a single district, preference flows and people brave enough to vote below the ballot meant that they were able to surpass the 2.5% threshold for 4 seats.

It's the Green Party for pessimistic Gold Coastians.

If only! The Gold Coast Green Party is a modern, pragmatic, but fiercely leftist party seeking to transition the Gold Coast to a green economy, including the ban on fossil fuel extraction.

People's Labor and Pensioners have the wrong amount of seats for the last election, just FYI.

Thanks! I will endeavor to fix those!

Uh oh. What happened to the Ga?

(see below)

Well given that Accra, the center of the homeland of the Ga people, is now the capitol of the white pensioners homeland, I imagine that many of them were heavily involved in the Gold Coast Insurgency, and as such Britain 'diffused' them to other parts of Africa...

This is, for the most part, correct. During the insurgency, much of the violence was in Accra and its suburbs, where most of the white settlers were finding their homes, pushing the Ga people further and further away and marginalising them in their own country. The British solution was first a series of prisons which, once becoming too burdensome, signed treaties with Kenta and Equatoria which would house the prisoners. Once on the other side of Africa, they would be held in prison or given clemency and allowed to leave, but under severe restrictions and their travel privileges revoked. Likewise, the Ga people simply left and found a new life in other parts of the Commonwealth, such as: New Zealand, Barbados, Antigua and Barbuda, and Jamaica are notable ones. Emigrants also found Hurueno and Nigeria to be accepting.

Today, fewer than 300,000 people in the Gold Coast can claim Ga-Adangbe ancestry. Most do still reside in Accra and its suburbs, but make up less than 10% of the population.

Great. I’m starting to like this TL’s version of Britain less and less...

There are no nations here without blemishes.

Our Fair Summer Contest: 2019
CL1PSAs.png

After the success of the last contest, I am happy to announce Our Fair Summer Contest!
I had been thinking of the new contest shortly after the old one had ended, and I've finally come upon its replacement. It should be no secret that the first contest was simply a trial run, leading up to the bigger and grander Our Fair Summer Contest, which will become an annual event! Each event will be themed and of course, involve the world of Our Fair Country. With the intro behind us, let's get into the details...

Our Fair Summer Contest will last between June 11th, 2019 and August 31st, 2019. It will take place in two phases. Phase I will take place between June 11 and August 25th. During this phase, contestants will submit their works to me via the Our Fair Country thread, and will all be linked in this post, which will be threadmarked. At the end of this period, Phase II will begin. In this phase, everyone will get the chance to vote on the winner. The voting will take place between August 25th and August 31st, and it will be under Instant Run-Off Voting. I will announce the results on September 1st, and the Grand Prize will be awarded to the victor!

Some important things to note:
Submissions may be entered at anytime between the time of this post to 12:00 AM BST on August 26th, 2019. There will be no extensions granted.

And now... the rules!

Contest Rules:
The premise behind the 1st Annual Our Fair Summer Contest are simple. All entries must pertain to a scenario in which some elements are transferred through time and space to another element (also known as ISOT). There are no limits on this, so long as an ISOT is involved. This means that you can ISOT things from our present-day world (June 2019) into the Our Fair Country universe, and vice-versa. The OFC Commonwealth of Rhodesia could replace the IRL states of Zambia and Zimbabwe. Or, the OFC Germany from 1 June 1945 could be transplanted to our 1 June 1945.

For this contest, you are even allowed to ISOT elements of
Our Fair Country into other timelines, and vice-versa. If you do not own the timeline in question, please ask permission from the original author! I will not accept an entry that involves an ISOT from/into another timeline if it does not have that author's permission!

The entries may be in any format. Text, map, wikiboxes, graphics, doesn't matter! I am open to anything and everything!

If there are any questions, please ask me here in this thread, in private messages, or my DMs on Discord or in any of the chats i'm in. I am happy to assist you in any way! This includes giving you more lore information that has not been publicly available. Good luck, and have fun!

Frequently Asked Questions:
Can we ISOT Individuals? Such as, tomorrow suddenly OFC's Prime Minister Andy Burnham is in Downing Street instead of Theresa May?
Yes! This is totally allowed, and encouraged!

Can parts of the Our Fair Country universe be ISOT'd? Like, can only half of New England, or a state of the United States, or even just a city in Germany be moved?
Yes they can! Like I said, there are no limits to what can or cannot happen.

Does the ISOT have to match the same time frame? For instance, does OFC's 2019 Germany have to be brought only to our IRL 2019?
No! Not at all! OFC's Germany in 2019 can be IOST'd to any point in time or space, which means if you wanted to bring OFC's Germany to 1914 you could, or 1989! Anything is possible!

Do I need to get permission from the authors of popular media, like The Avengers, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, or the Potterverse to use in this contest?
Nope! Since it is highly unlikely you will get a response and it is a derivative fan work, you are fine to use any of these in this contest.

List of Submissions:
1: "Their Unfair Country" by Onerom
2: "Eagles of the Fair Country" by KanonenKartoffel

Last edited:
@Kanan Great idea for the Summer contest, you mentioned that other timelines can only be used with the authors permission but you might want to address using ‘Fandom’ such as LOTR, Potterverse, Game of Thrones, etc. Obviously nobody could obtain those authors permission, but you might want to clarify your posistion on using those ‘universes’ vis-a-vis OFC in this ISOT game.

@Kanan Great idea for the Summer contest, you mentioned that other timelines can only be used with the authors permission but you might want to address using ‘Fandom’ such as LOTR, Potterverse, Game of Thrones, etc. Obviously nobody could obtain those authors permission, but you might want to clarify your posistion on using those ‘universes’ vis-a-vis OFC in this ISOT game.

Other timelines need permission, sure. But I will accept anything from a popular work (eg Game of Throne, LOTR) as I surely do not expect you to get a response from them, and there is already a wealth of fanfiction about them anyway! :p

So @Israel_Dan the Man, that write up is very nice and all, but at no point does it reference anything about the Our Fair Country universe. While you may use such a nation you have invented, your work must show the effects of this nation being placed into the Our Fair Country universe, or something from Our Fair Country being ISOT'd to that universe. As it stands, you have not done that at all, and the submission is not acceptable.

So @Israel_Dan the Man, that write up is very nice and all, but at no point does it reference anything about the Our Fair Country universe. While you may use such a nation you have invented, your work must show the effects of this nation being placed into the Our Fair Country universe, or something from Our Fair Country being ISOT'd to that universe. As it stands, you have not done that at all, and the submission is not acceptable.

Well, during the German Civil War occupation of Germany In your timeline (the Mandate of Germany), Aerah helped New England and others in their fight against the Soviets.

Sorry for wasting your time, that was just an idea that I had, I can delete it if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.