Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kanan your work is insperation, I hope to be able to make something as good as this someday!!:)

please except this picture of my cat as tribute!
IMG_2520.jpg

Energy Grid
First off, thank you everyone for the support!! It honestly means a lot!! <3 I'd respond to everyone but it's best to just move forward. Thank you to everyone, and all the new readers too!!

Secondly, here is a map of New England's National Grid. Power Generation is a mixture of heavily regulated private industries, government-owned (municipal) authorities, Provincially-owned authorities, and finally the National Grid, which is run by the Government of New England! All plants and stations under its control are property of the Federal Government. With very very few exceptions, all power generation must go on the National Grid, and there are only a handful of independent grids (not shown on here) of which the National Grid is not responsible for.

ZCMI6VL.png

First off, thank you everyone for the support!! It honestly means a lot!! <3 I'd respond to everyone but it's best to just move forward. Thank you to everyone, and all the new readers too!!

Secondly, here is a map of New England's National Grid. Power Generation is a mixture of heavily regulated private industries, government-owned (municipal) authorities, Provincially-owned authorities, and finally the National Grid, which is run by the Government of New England! All plants and stations under its control are property of the Federal Government. With very very few exceptions, all power generation must go on the National Grid, and there are only a handful of independent grids (not shown on here) of which the National Grid is not responsible for.

ZCMI6VL.png
1. Pretend I have put on here 1000 cat gifs.

2. Good thing I have a healing factor, cuz my mind keeps exploding.

What are the exceptions? Solar power?

Has there ever been a Chernobyl-esque disaster ITTL? I was wondering since the country uses lots of nuclear power.

The exceptions are things like logging camps/towns (notable in Adirondack), or with the permission of the Province and Federal Government, a municipality can separate from the National Grid if it can prove it generates 133% of Peak Demand and has storage capabilities of at least 90% of Peak Demand. There are currently only a few municipalities separate from the National Grid.

And no! There's never been an issue with any nuclear-related disasters. A few close calls, but impeccable safety standards and good management of the plants prevented any catastrophes.

This is only the UK portion of the commonwealth election correct? Any chance we may get any more polling from elsewhere?

also:

Awww!!!

Correct! This is only the United Kingdom. More will come soon!

ZCMI6VL.png
I'm quite interested in hearing about these "other renewables" - biofuel, geothermal (wouldn't expect any), etc?
Great job of them getting oil and natural gas quite low, and no coal too!
Has there been an equivalent of the 1989 Geomagnetic Storm? How susceptible is the grid to such an event, or has there already been hardening against nuclear EMPs with a dual use?

Fantastic job with these graphics, truly stellar and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.