Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to add to your workload, but would you happen to have a breakdown of U.S. states by population? I'm mostly curious what differences there might be from OTL, especially in Cuba, P.R. and the SW (IIRC the African American population is bigger in the South due to no Jim Crow or Great Migration).

In any case, awesome map on plant hardiness in New England! Would there be any particular crops of note cultivated up there?

Not to add to your workload, but would you happen to have a breakdown of U.S. states by population? I'm mostly curious what differences there might be from OTL, especially in Cuba, P.R. and the SW (IIRC the African American population is bigger in the South due to no Jim Crow or Great Migration).

In any case, awesome map on plant hardiness in New England! Would there be any particular crops of note cultivated up there?

USA 297,728,998
Code:
State    Pop
California    22,348,141
Texas    17,502,731
Illinois    16,830,632
Florida    16,078,287
Pennsylvania    15,499,712
Hamilton    15,376,997
Ohio    13,761,974
New York    11,281,841
Virginia    10,331,691
New Jersey    10,295,178
Michigan    10,289,141
Cuba    10,265,184
Georgia    9,687,154
Indiana    8,483,802
Arizona    8,146,515
North Carolina    7,612,811
Minnesota    6,841,715
Missouri    6,214,411
Wisconsin    6,197,941
Maryland    5,773,552
Salado    5,149,173
Jefferson    4,511,140
Kentucky    4,339,367
South Carolina    4,251,979
Alabama    4,229,736
Deseret     4,201,841
Iowa    4,046,981
Tennessee    3,668,377
Louisiana    3,431,208
West Florida    3,105,818
Arapaho    3,029,196
Arkansas    2,915,918
Kansas    2,853,118
Mississippi    2,717,297
Puerto Rico    2,659,184
East Tennessee    2,651,414
Sonora    2,141,716
Chihuahua     1,891,181
Sequoyah    1,565,914
Oklahoma    1,548,061
Nebraska    1,465,128
Dakota    1,036,184
Delaware    897,934
DC    601,723

Thanks! The breakdown seems smaller than OTL, I imagine that New England and Canada ended up drawing away some immigration that would've gone to America otherwise. Is nativism a bigger factor as well?

Agricultural Production in New England
I spent most of my weekend researching agriculture from Long Island to Prince Edward Island. I need help

kWee01i.png

Redcoat

Banned
Is much of the Arabian peninsula communist? Who governs India and Turkey?

Also, how is the situation in the former(?) East Bloc - which nations belong(ed?) to it and what has become of the area between the Baltic, Black and Mediterranean Seas?
I like Kanan's map here. Especially that Filipino Sabah though I'm sad to see Yugoslavia stay disunited. As usual nothing happens in South America :p

Is this even alternate history?
It all seems so real...
There is far too much detail for this to be an alternate reality thought up by some internet user, thus I must conclude that this whole thread is in fact a portal to Kanan's universe and they're just a New England patriot wishing to spread the knowledge of the home over the internet.

That makes sense

Commonwealth of New England
I didn't have a threadmark for it, and the information was woefully outdated as the lore progressed and changed. Here's the revised version of the article that started it all. Maybe some of you haven't seen it!

wcKTOqb.png

Humble suggestion: consider making MA and CT in your "Provinces" section shades of blue alongside Plymouth, RI, LI, etc. so Southern New England is all one broad color ala Green Northern New England and Red Maritimes.

Otherwise, excellent update and revision!

It all seems so real...
There is far too much detail for this to be an alternate reality thought up by some internet user, thus I must conclude that this whole thread is in fact a portal to Kanan's universe and they're just a New England patriot wishing to spread the knowledge of the home over the internet.

That makes sense

Laughs in New English as 'God Save the Queen' blasts in the background

But seriously thank you!! My goal is to make this as real as possible. I just love New England and its my home (except dunkin. Im a starbucks girl 100%) so being able to write this is just so much fun

Humble suggestion: consider making MA and CT in your "Provinces" section shades of blue alongside Plymouth, RI, LI, etc. so Southern New England is all one broad color ala Green Northern New England and Red Maritimes.

Otherwise, excellent update and revision!

Thanks! Thats also a great idea! I'm not sure why I never thought of that. I'll revise it tomorrow!

@Kanan: To be honest, I'm actually quite more interested in the American bit. This is definitely a more southern America, without the Pacific Northwest or New England.

So it'll be interesting to see cultural differences and whatnot in that.

Gian

Banned
I would like to ask what the alt-MLB is btw.

Also, it leads me to wonder how New England might have evolved if all of British North America (that is Canada and New England) had federated into one dominion instead of two.

@Kanan: To be honest, I'm actually quite more interested in the American bit. This is definitely a more southern America, without the Pacific Northwest or New England.

So it'll be interesting to see cultural differences and whatnot in that.

I'll start thinking of a way to present American culture and an... "overview?" of the country. I know I haven't gone into it a lot but that's only because my focus is obviously on New England. But I'll try!

I would like to ask what the alt-MLB is btw

I have like a half completed baseball box. I'll see if I can finish it up this week.

Also about my other question @Kanan

Britain most likely wouldn't have done so, they liked to split things up a bunch. My guess is that "mega-New England" would be New England plus Ontario, Quebec, and Newfoundland. It would probably be named Laurentia or something else.

If anyone wanted to do... alternate history of Our Fair Country they are welcome to.

Redcoat

Banned
It all seems so real...

That makes sense
I'd believe that pretty easily. Though some areas might require ASB intervention yea

Britain most likely wouldn't have done so, they liked to split things up a bunch. My guess is that "mega-New England" would be New England plus Ontario, Quebec, and Newfoundland. It would probably be named Laurentia or something else.

If anyone wanted to do... alternate history of Our Fair Country they are welcome to.

Firstly, about the color scheming: thank you for taking the idea into consideration. It bugs me slightly it's a revision of one of your biggest aspects of the timeline and I barely complemented it. I wish I was a better wordsmith to do so, but there is simply so much to take in in a good way. You make these countries feel alive, and you're willing to put in the genuinely bad as well as good across the world and then confront it to make it realistic, which not many writers are willing to do. Good show. All I can hope to do is bug you on hopelessly inane bits and see if even you find it so. :D

I do ponder on an alternate Commonwealth of New England now - but my own thoughts cleave more to taking in, say, all of Upstate NY and definitely a bit more of the OTL Capital Region to buffer Albany (and especially considering the first Yankee settlement in the Hudson Valley/NY state in general was in 1750s Columbia County, just above Roeliff Jansen and Catskill Creeks). Butterflies too, since *Mormonism may stay within the British Empire and spread across Canada than America. And finally because past Utica, Upstate NY is much more Midwestern in culture and shares in their Inland north dialect, giving a much more western flair to the TTL Atlantic-facing New England.

The "Europe on fire" timeline you used in the Fake AH threas seemed intresting. But one I might like is something about the Japanese winning a pacific war or such and such. The "What If the United States lost the revoltion" timeline would be different with Canada Possibly taking land up to the Missisipi river as VT45 did with the Commonwealth wank thread. But otherwise what are some popular Alternate History Topics in this timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.