Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd believe that pretty easily. Though some areas might require ASB intervention yea

Please let me know what you think is ASB and I can try and address them or modify them as need be :)

Firstly, about the color scheming: thank you for taking the idea into consideration. It bugs me slightly it's a revision of one of your biggest aspects of the timeline and I barely complemented it. I wish I was a better wordsmith to do so, but there is simply so much to take in in a good way. You make these countries feel alive, and you're willing to put in the genuinely bad as well as good across the world and then confront it to make it realistic, which not many writers are willing to do. Good show. All I can hope to do is bug you on hopelessly inane bits and see if even you find it so. :D

I do ponder on an alternate Commonwealth of New England now - but my own thoughts cleave more to taking in, say, all of Upstate NY and definitely a bit more of the OTL Capital Region to buffer Albany (and especially considering the first Yankee settlement in the Hudson Valley/NY state in general was in 1750s Columbia County, just above Roeliff Jansen and Catskill Creeks). Butterflies too, since *Mormonism may stay within the British Empire and spread across Canada than America. And finally because past Utica, Upstate NY is much more Midwestern in culture and shares in their Inland north dialect, giving a much more western flair to the TTL Atlantic-facing New England.

Thank you! I strongly encourage criticism of my work, it's how it becomes better! I strive for realism, even if the people themselves are real when that necessarily wouldn't be the case.

That would be a very interesting New England. Plus it adds a ton of arable farmland and would greatly diversify the country's agricultural economy. Not to mention have a ton of knock on effects for the rest of the United States and Canada. New York City just kinda becomes a city-state!

I'm interested in trying that

Please!! I would love it!

The "Europe on fire" timeline you used in the Fake AH threas seemed intresting. But one I might like is something about the Japanese winning a pacific war or such and such. The "What If the United States lost the revoltion" timeline would be different with Canada Possibly taking land up to the Missisipi river as VT45 did with the Commonwealth wank thread. But otherwise what are some popular Alternate History Topics in this timeline.

Popular tropes would most likely be "What if Stalin lost the Soviet Civil War," "What if Stalin invaded Europe before his death," "What if the Communists won in Germany," "What if Germany won the Great War," "What if Ontario united with New England during Confederation," "What if the Confederacy won"

Just to name a few.

wow so much detail. Where does one get the time to do such fantastic work, like its seriously amazing (like if this doesn't get a turtledove nomination i'm not sure what will). This is so detailed and in depth that its hard to tell the difference between this and reality.

Edit: Any chance of some kind of demographics breakdown of Australia (i know you said there was a big influx of people from south africa).

Last edited:

Redcoat

Banned
Please let me know what you think is ASB and I can try and address them or modify them as need be :)
Things with a 1700s POD I'd say would lead to an unrecognizable world. If you're lax on butterflies it could work. But that's a minor thing.

Last edited:
wow so much detail. Where does one get the time to do such fantastic work, like its seriously amazing (like if this doesn't get a turtledove nomination i'm not sure what will). This is so detailed and in depth that its hard to tell the difference between this and reality.

Edit: Any chance of some kind of demographics breakdown of Australia (i know you said there was a big influx of people from south africa).
The Australian Infobox did okay at it. Its very much Caucasian from what weve been told.

I didn't have a threadmark for it, and the information was woefully outdated as the lore progressed and changed. Here's the revised version of the article that started it all. Maybe some of you haven't seen it!

SNIP

The number of times I clicked on the links in the article only to remember that it's not real!

The Australian Infobox did okay at it. Its very much Caucasian from what weve been told.

I think someone posted however that the immigration was even more (like there was a heap of immigration from south africa) which led to Pauline coming in.

I thought of an amazing butterfly this TL has produced...

OTL's big 3 cereal companies, General Mills, Kellogg's, and Post, were all founded by either New Englanders (in the case of General Mills) or children of New Englanders (in the case of Kellogg and Post), using the Midwest's large wheat population to their advantage.

Since New Englanders generally didn't make the trek to the Midwest, none of these would exist ITTL.

That's right: this TL has no Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Lucky Charms, Froot Loops, Frosted Flakes, Mini-Wheats, Honey Bunches of Oats, or any other cereal you are probably thinking of right now.

I thought of an amazing butterfly this TL has produced...

OTL's big 3 cereal companies, General Mills, Kellogg's, and Post, were all founded by either New Englanders (in the case of General Mills) or children of New Englanders (in the case of Kellogg and Post), using the Midwest's large wheat population to their advantage.

Since New Englanders generally didn't make the trek to the Midwest, none of these would exist ITTL.

That's right: this TL has no Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Lucky Charms, Froot Loops, Frosted Flakes, Mini-Wheats, Honey Bunches of Oats, or any other cereal you are probably thinking of right now.

There would be no cereals cause they were invented by Kellogs as a health food when he created a health farm. So him not moving would butterfly away cornflakes the first cereal. And adding milk to it would also be butterfly that away to.

There would be no cereals cause they were invented by Kellogs as a health food when he created a health farm. So him not moving would butterfly away cornflakes the first cereal. And adding milk to it would also be butterfly that away to.

Nope. The first breakfast cereal company was the German Mills American Oatmeal Company (an ancestor of Quaker Oats), created in 1854, three years after Kellogg was born.

Hey everyone!

I wanted to give you guys a May update of sorts. I've got a lot of things on my end coming up so I feel it's totally needed to give you guys a little bit of insight.

So for one thing, this week I am 100% taking a lesser role (I only have 1 thing planned) in the timeline. This is truly the break I was supposed to take earlier. Just need to get caught up on other things (and get back to stardew valley :)) and relax a bit. Looking forward after this week I have tons of content planned so keep a look out! but after that, I have a vacation (2 week girls cruise!!) where I will be... around but probably not posting any updates. I'll have a computer so if the creative nerve strikes me, then I'll do stuff here but otherwise count those two weeks out. (if i am ambitious, I will finish things to just publish during the cruise)

After that I hope to truly tackle the Roadmap and get that stuff done so I hope by mid June I can start taking requests again :)

I seriously thank all of my readers and supporters. I love this project to no end I love you all too :kissingheart: I don't have any big trips planned until november 2019 so this should be the last update and "informational" post for a long time haha.

I've got a lot of exciting things in store for the summer! This post probably wasn't needed but I really like keeping everyone in the loop so they don't think I vanished mid may and lost interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.