Status
Not open for further replies.

Gian

Banned
I am pretty sure that HPM has the RDS map intergrated.
No they don't. (I actually checked the mod files themselves because I've been using them plus a few others for a mod I've been working on), and all the map files were the same vanilla map files you'd expect in the base game.

I realize that I was being rude earlier and I apologize. I think that Kanan's work is absolutely amazing, and I just wanted to be able to experienxe that since I am a Hoi4 player. The Victoria 2 mod is fantastic, and I sincerely apologize @Kanan .

I realize that I was being rude earlier and I apologize. I think that Kanan's work is absolutely amazing, and I just wanted to be able to experienxe that since I am a Hoi4 player. The Victoria 2 mod is fantastic, and I sincerely apologize @Kanan .
I want to apologize in advance for any derailment that this post might cause the thread, but frankly, I as a reader feel the need to say this: there have been repeated instances of inane demands and then subsequent apologies. We saw this when there was the insistence on your part that she radically alter the cannon to include Cordoba, that she take time to create a GDP infobox, that she make an Israel box, not to mention repeated rants on how you still hate the Germans/Japanese because of WWII, and so on. Honestly I admire the restraint Kanan has shown in often going out of her way to meet some of the demanded items.

Dan, I'd personally recommend that you perhaps sit back and just enjoy what she puts out. Your commentary isn't bad, it's just the constant slew of requests that has some people a bit annoyed. We know you mean know harm, but it seems like the message just isn't getting through.

An analogy of this would be my Bob Dylan fan-boyism. I have seen Dylan four times, and God willing, will see him six more times again. When I go to see Dylan, I don't stand out with my phone in the air screaming "play Idiot Wind!" or "Do Black Diamond Bay man!" Instead, I just sit there and enjoy. I take it all in, and admire the songs by him that he plays live often (like "High Water") that I'd otherwise only rarely listen to if I was, say, in my car. Like Dylan, Kanan has this mystical ability to make even what are usually "boring" topics, like bridges, interesting. Hell, the Brooklyn Bridge infobox was one of the best I've seen here period.

Apologies again if I'm coming across as a dick. The last thing I want to do is say something that gets this thread locked. I'm just voicing my concerns so that Kanan can focus on her work and so the project can move forward.

Last edited:
I want to apologize in advance for any derailment that this post might cause the thread, but frankly, I as a reader feel the need to say this: there have been repeated instances of inane demands and then subsequent apologies. We saw this when there was the insistence on your part that she radically alter the cannon to include Cordoba, that she take time to create a GDP infobox, that she make an Israel box, not to mention repeated rants on how you still hate the Germans/Japanese because of WWII, and so on. Honestly I admire the restraint Kanan has shown in often going out of her way to meet some of the demanded items.

Dan, I'd personally recommend that you perhaps sit back and just enjoy what she puts out. Your commentary isn't bad, it's just the constant slew of requests that has some people a bit annoyed. We know you mean know harm, but it seems like the message just isn't getting through.

An analogy of this would be my Bob Dylan fan-boyism. I have seen Dylan four times, and God willing, will see him six more times again. When I go to see Dylan, I don't stand out with my phone in the air screaming "play Idiot Wind!" or "Do Black Diamond Bay man!" Instead, I just sit there and enjoy. I take it all in, and admire the songs by him that he plays live often (like "High Water") that I'd otherwise only rarely listen to if I was, say, in his car. Like Dylan, Kanan has this mystical ability to make even what are usually "boring" topics, like bridges, interesting. Hell, the Brooklyn Bridge infobox was one of the best I've seen here period.

Apologies again if I'm coming across as a dick. The last thing I want to do is say something that gets this thread locked. I'm just voicing my concerns so that Kanan can focus on her work and so the project can move forward.
I 100% agree with you. I know I've been annoying and I sincerely apologize. I was trying to stop it but I've been going through a lot of stress lately which makes it harder to think about my actions before I do them. I will try my best to shut up from now on. I know I'm an annoyance , and I highly apologize.

I 100% agree with you. I know I've been annoying and I sincerely apologize. I was trying to stop it but I've been going through a lot of stress lately which makes it harder to think about my actions before I do them. I will try my best to shut up from now on. I know I'm an annoyance , and I highly apologize.

Speaking for only myself - anyone good enough to recognize when they've done something wrong and apologize for it/be better than it is definitely cool in my book, and I figure I won't be the only one to think it. :)

Work harder. I need this as soon as possible.

But seriously though, great work. Have you changed up the regions as well?

Thank you!

Indeed I have! The intent of the mod will be to incorporate much of OFC's history between 1836 and ~1870. By then things will be sufficiently different that the rest of the game can play as normal. Some teasers...

gd4zO6Z.png

5rl3sBo.png

oBUkuoe.png

New England begins as part of Britain (as it was historically), and an event chain fires which allows the UK to grant it dominion status. There is also an option to unify New England and Canada, which was discussed at the time.

I imagine this’ll be a lot of fun to play. I have Victoria II, but only the base version and I haven’t played in a long time... looks like I have some catching up to do!

Indeed!!

Actually, I'm really glad that you are deciding to make a mod for Victoria II, as opposed to HOI4. There's a lot less mods for the former, and I really want to learn about the 19th century in this TL.

Actually, I'm really glad that you are deciding to make a mod for Victoria II, as opposed to HOI4. There's a lot less mods for the former, and I really want to learn about the 19th century in this TL.
True, HOI4 has become flooded with junk mods and only a few are good (vanilla HOI4 sucks). Victoria 2 doesn't suffer from this. And now Kanan will bless it with the OFC mod

True, HOI4 has become flooded with junk mods and only a few are good (vanilla HOI4 sucks). Victoria 2 doesn't suffer from this. And now Kanan will bless it with the OFC mod

Victoria II has great mods but I find HOI4 (to the extent I've played it) thoroughly unenjoyable - personally prefer Vicky2 simply because you can micromanage economic policy and social reform, since I'm a stickler for detail.

Darkest Hour still holds up pretty well though.

Gian

Banned
@Kanan - Could you show Louisiana and Acadia's POPs as a demonstration?

Also, I'd like to figure out how to adapt RDS to the HPM (and thus to the OFC mod)

Hey @Kanan, if you don't mind me asking about your creative process, how did you come up with the map you ended up deciding on? I've been working in the starting states of a timeline for a while, and as the maker of the best timeline on the site, I figured I'd ask you - do you find it easier to make changes on the map first, and then create the history/story of the change from IITL? Or do you think out a history you like and decide how that impacts the map? Thank you!

@Kanan , what I did was unacceptable and I don't deserve your forgiveness, but I hope I can at least try to redeem myself a little with some kitten memes!
maxresdefault.jpg

h388416B5

f2c4d165d2d9e958f24421e8b04add3f.png

e0dab7684eba446863bdb16c5b269a9c.png

And finally, may these 2 great figures rest in peace:
irsan-bo-stan-lee-grumpycat.jpg

I still miss Stan. *Sniff* When I watched Spiderman Far From Home yesterday (awesome movie, btw, highly recommend), the memorial to him and Steve Ditko at the end made me sad. He died at 96, far too young.

Last edited:

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
@Kanan , what I did was unacceptable and I don't deserve your forgiveness, but I hope I can at least try to redeem myself a little with some kitten memes!

And finally, may these 2 great figures rest in peace:

I still miss Stan. *Sniff* When I watched Spiderman Far From Home yesterday (awesome movie, btw, highly recommend), the memorial to him and Steve Ditko at the end made me sad. He died at 96, far too young.
THREE image a day please.

Thanks.

Will any expansions (or other mods) be necessary? I think I only have the vanilla edition but it's the perfect time to pick up DLCs.

As far as I know, the expansions are required for pretty much every mod/actually being able to enjoy a game of Vicky 2. Without them you get Yellow Prussia.

Status
Not open for further replies.