Status
Not open for further replies.
The Welsh win was mostly a fluke because a bunch of countries boycotted it (e.g Portugal, Spain) because of Soviet messing around in Africa (and Hungary was a Communist state)

Frankly I don't care why they won, just that they did.

72894834.jpg

The history of LC is basically the same, except that in 1994, at the beginning of their expansion period, Cedar Fair bought the current park and the surrounding 700 acres to bring its total size to 1,000 acres, where it stands today.

From a suggestion, LC is now being bought by Paramount in 2000, and the Christening is Boulder Dash, a wooden coaster built by Custom Coasters International on the side of Mount Southington in the park.

Notes: Paramount Parks will not go bankrupt and be sold to Cedar Fair.
As part of the agreement with the owners, the word Paramount will not be in the name of the park.
The kid's area will not be changed until 2002, when it is themed to Nickelodeon as part of the Paramount changes after Hanna Barbera goes out of business.
Because Paramount buys in 2000, there is a third coaster: Zoomerang, a Vekoma Boomerang, opened in 1997.

Last edited:
Well! So now I guess we know how literally. every. single. conversation between a Welsh and English person has gone since 1956, don't we?

I'm quite sad we didn't manage to win it twice like OTL...

But winning it in England against England is worth it

I'm quite sad we didn't manage to win it twice like OTL...

But winning it in England against England is worth it

Think of it this way: Zizou has likely been deported to southern algeria and is living a life of poverty under a quasi-segregationist society. I'd say this france doesn't deserve to win twice the world cup.

So far the only good thing about my country in this timeline is that since South Africa is still banned from the World Cup, we can't be humiliated like we normally are

I'm assuming Seth Efrika is also banned from the Cricket and Rugby World Cups and the Commonwealth Games as well.

That is another part of the long list of unfortunate things relating to ttl South Africa, as we can't dominate in rugby(which we invented and anyone who says otherwise is lying and is probably a Zimbabwean)

Hopefully something can end the nightmare of South African apartheid. Though it's a damn shame my country of Israel hasn't won any.

Hey @Kanan , could you list all the things that are worse in this timeline than IOTL? I remember you doing it once, but I can't find it.

Gian

Banned
Hopefully something can end the nightmare of South African apartheid. Though it's a damn shame my country of Israel hasn't won any.

Hey @Kanan , could you list all the things that are worse in this timeline than IOTL? I remember you doing it once, but I can't find it.

The ones I can largely see IMO would be...
  • Even worse Troubles, compounded by the fact the Britain owns all but County Cavan in this world.
  • South African apartheid turned up to 11 (the only saving grace being that at least they're not Rumsfeldia where they're outright killing Anglo-South Africans as well)
  • Israel not being that great compared to our world (balanced by the fact that the Holocaust is butterflied away and there's more Jews in Europe; say how's Isabella García-Shapiro in this world btw?)
  • The Soviet Union still existing (At least it couldn't get any worse like in TotRT)

The ones I can largely see IMO would be...
  • Even worse Troubles, compounded by the fact the Britain owns all but County Cavan in this world.
  • South African apartheid turned up to 11 (the only saving grace being that at least they're not Rumsfeldia where they're outright killing Anglo-South Africans as well)
  • Israel not being that great compared to our world (balanced by the fact that the Holocaust is butterflied away and there's more Jews in Europe; say how's Isabella García-Shapiro in this world btw?)
  • The Soviet Union still existing (At least it couldn't get any worse like in TotRT)

Add to this:
-China has like 1 billion poor near subsistance farmer, although it is growing very fast, it is a good generation at least behind our china's in term of development.
-Burma has had an afghanistan scane war, and is more of a mess than IRL
-Cambodia transitioned from a Khmer-rouge like regime into a shitty, but slightly better, communist regime, poorer than IRL
-Generally It seems that some sort of colonialism and effective economic segregation is still very present in german namibia, Dutch and German Guinea
- As far as i can tell from comment on kanan's discord, Indonesia is still a dictatorship and doesn't seem to have grown economically much, still very poor
- Basically it seems that the continuing colonialism made europe wealthier at the expense of africa... It doesn't seem great at all, furthermore from some of kanan's older comment globalization is less developped and many manufacturing job didn't move out of the northern countries, while this likely had a positive effect in the northern countries compared to IRL, she said that many electronic devices are both more expensive and slightly less advanced, and that means that more than a billion of people in asia who IRL were able to leave subsistance farming and move to cities to do manufacturing jobs simply... weren't able to, at least she said it is starting to happen in india.
-France is maintaining a quasi-segregationist regime in algeria and deported several millions algerians to the desert in southern algeria, Libya is effectively italian-led.
-Generally central Europe/Balkan seem to have more tensions, both historical and currently, Serbia/Yugoslavia is a Dictatorship.

Also i'm not sure what you mean that the USSR still existing is a bad thing, it seems to have liberalized, let away the baltics (although from the look of it it didn't let the caucasus states go away...) and has a gdp per capita 2 times larger than our Russia, that seems quite better.

Well somehow, Israel still has a GDP per capita of $35k, that's nothing to be ashamed of. I'd hoped that it was 13.43 million people and a GDP of $610.16 billion (don't w=ask why that number), but $470 billion isn't bad.

Also, don't disrespect the USS of R. They made Russia and the ex-Soviet lands literate and industrialized. They did things I can't even talk about, but they did good things too.

Also, I was just thinking of an alternate Iran that was developed and would be really cool ITTL.

Also, don't disrespect the USS of R. They made Russia and the ex-Soviet lands literate and industrialized. They did things I can't even talk about, but they did good things too.
Okay, never thought I'd need to say this, but I'll state it once for the record. The ends will never, in any circumstance, justify the means when those means include violent suppression of dissent and genocide. Any disrespect is more than warranted.

Okay, never thought I'd need to say this, but I'll state it once for the record. The ends will never, in any circumstance, justify the means when those means include violent suppression of dissent and genocide. Any disrespect is more than warranted.
I don't want to get into a fight with you, and some of the things the USSR did can never be forgiven (mainly what that bastard Stalin did to Ukraine), but people tend to forget that they helped make millions of people literate, healthier (encouraged vaccines), more equal than in the just as bad Russian empire (the empire had many famines as well), and more developed. It doesn't justify what happened to the poor Ukrainians (I hate Ukraine with my soul for helping the Nazis kill Jews and being antisemitic to this day, but I can actually understand it considering Stalin tried wiping them out and the Nazis initially promised freedom) and the other atrocities Stalin did, but people shouldn't just list the bad without at least saying that some good emerged from the days of the USSR. Besides, after Stalin, the rest of the leaders weren't nearly as rotten.

I don't want to get into a fight with you, and some of the things the USSR did can never be forgiven (mainly what that bastard Stalin did to Ukraine), but people tend to forget that they helped make millions of people literate, healthier (encouraged vaccines), more equal than in the just as bad Russian empire (the empire had many famines as well), and more developed. It doesn't justify what happened to the poor Ukrainians (I hate Ukraine with my soul for helping the Nazis kill Jews and being antisemitic to this day, but I can actually understand it considering Stalin tried wiping them out and the Nazis initially promised freedom) and the other atrocities Stalin did, but people shouldn't just list the bad without at least saying that some good emerged from the days of the USSR. Besides, after Stalin, the rest of the leaders weren't nearly as rotten.

Colonialism industrialized Africa and India, but obviously we don't say that colonialism was only somewhat bad

Status
Not open for further replies.