Status
Not open for further replies.
There's really not much more to it than that. It's just something I did fairly quick to just pull back the curtain ever so much on the German-Soviet War.
If the German Soviet War was from 1938 to 1947, then why does the above say 1988?

If the German Soviet War was from 1938 to 1947, then why does the above say 1988?

The 3 sure does look like an 8, but it is not. Here's the HQ version of the text page.

WUh1MYT.png

Could you give army sizes for both sides? Maybe population size at the time of the war for Germany, the USSR, and Poland?

Also, I know this may be asking for a bit much, but can you please listen to my proposal for a richer Nigeria?

@Kanan It's neat that PR is much more fully integrated ITTL. I'm assuming that's the same Ricardo Rosseló that's the ex-Governor of PR IOTL and father of the current Governor of PR?

Six Portuguese world cups?
An Irish World Cup?
A Finnish World Cup?
A Welsh World Cup?
How did all this come to be.

Portugal has a historically strong team, and during the colonial era, Portugal and the colonies had a strong championship between them.

Ireland's 1940 team was scary.

No one is quite sure how Finland won that one.

The Welsh win was mostly a fluke because a bunch of countries boycotted it (e.g Portugal, Spain) because of Soviet messing around in Africa (and Hungary was a Communist state)

Bulldoggus

Banned
Portugal has a historically strong team, and during the colonial era, Portugal and the colonies had a strong championship between them.
Makes sense, if Portugal ITTL has better infrastructure.
Ireland's 1940 team was scary.
That's possible. The GAA did spend decades structurally undermining Soccer with open Fianna Fail support, if you can prevent that (and potentially have a united Irish team) they could do ok.
No one is quite sure how Finland won that one.
I will take "the Spanish ate tainted seafood the night before" for 500.
The Welsh win was mostly a fluke because a bunch of countries boycotted it (e.g Portugal, Spain) because of Soviet messing around in Africa (and Hungary was a Communist state)
Fair enough. And what's up with the double 1968 Was?

So I guess the 8-0 is ITTLs equivalent of the 7-1

Happy to see Mexico have some success at their own cup, and I am more surprised at seeing that Australia managed to get to a final than Finland/Wales winning it all

Also I remember requesting this list a long time ago. Thank you Kanan for following through!

Recreation: Theme Parks in New England I
Time for my first post! This is the beginning of what I hope will be a long series in OFC. This will go over the history and coasters of New England's largest amusement park, Lake Compounce, located in Bristol, CT. Note: ITTL, Six Flags does not buy Riverside Park in Agawam, MA. Therefore, with a hole in New England from Six Flags, and the knowledge that Lake Compounce (Now to be referred to as LC) is three times larger than it is IOTL, I am saying that LC is owned by Cedar Fair, the owner of Cedar Point, Kings Island, Kings Dominion, and many other parks across IOTL's US and Canada.

The history of LC is basically the same, except that in 1994, at the beginning of their expansion period, Cedar Fair bought the current park and the surrounding 700 acres to bring its total size to 1,000 acres, where it stands today. at this time, there were two coasters at LC: Wildcat, which was built by Philladelphia Tobbagan Coasters in 1927, and the Kiddie Coaster, which was built by Molina and Sons in 1990 (1997 IOTL). To christen the park into the chain, Cedar Fair is planning something huge: a new Morgan Hyper on the side of a lake, to be the tallest ever built.

More to come over the next few weeks!

Time for my first post! This is the beginning of what I hope will be a long series in OFC. This will go over the history and coasters of New England's largest amusement park, Lake Compounce, located in Bristol, CT. Note: ITTL, Six Flags does not buy Riverside Park in Agawam, MA. Therefore, with a hole in New England from Six Flags, and the knowledge that Lake Compounce (Now to be referred to as LC) is three times larger than it is IOTL, I am saying that LC is owned by Cedar Fair, the owner of Cedar Point, Kings Island, Kings Dominion, and many other parks across IOTL's US and Canada.

The history of LC is basically the same, except that in 1994, at the beginning of their expansion period, Cedar Fair bought the current park and the surrounding 700 acres to bring its total size to 1,000 acres, where it stands today. at this time, there were two coasters at LC: Wildcat, which was built by Philladelphia Tobbagan Coasters in 1927, and the Kiddie Coaster, which was built by Molina and Sons in 1990 (1997 IOTL). To christen the park into the chain, Cedar Fair is planning something huge: a new Morgan Hyper on the side of a lake, to be the tallest ever built.

More to come over the next few weeks!
Approved Kanan?

Status
Not open for further replies.