Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 92121

I'm glad you like it!!

The list of U.S. Presidents is the most recent and the correct one. Thank you for brining that to my attention, I will fix it in the older version.

I'm working on a European overview. As of now, there is no European-wide union of any type, there's a series of connected economic deals and open border agreements but nothing like the EU we know.

I've noticed that a lot of TL's dealing with a modern Europe tend to trow out the concept of the EU. I find it curious, it does make for a more tense political climate, without a larger diplomatic union hanging over the continent.

Another question if I may: H.P. Lovecraft. What was he up to? Still a writer? Politician? Founder of the Church of Cthullu?

I've noticed that a lot of TL's dealing with a modern Europe tend to trow out the concept of the EU. I find it curious, it does make for a more tense political climate, without a larger diplomatic union hanging over the continent.

Another question if I may: H.P. Lovecraft. What was he up to? Still a writer? Politician? Founder of the Church of Cthullu?

While I understand that "No European Union" is a cliché, I can't logically see how one could rise in my timeline given how European history unfolded. The United Kingdom to this day remains a Superpower, and France is also still powerful. Europe was not devastated by the horrors of World War II (the devastation of the 40s and 50s was limited to eastern Europe). While the League of Nations fell apart and the United Nations did arise, it is more powerful in this timeline and acts as a great international moderator. The concept of "great power tensions" no longer exists, and the nation's of Europe work together on their own terms. Can an Italian who has lived in Germany work in Spain? Yes, they can. The process just requires liberal work permits and stopping at a bank to exchange their Reichmarks for Pesetas.

H.P. Lovecraft was still the writer we all know and love. His work, however, is only really known in New England and Canada. He is not very well known at all in the United States and neither is his work.

@Kanan What are the 10 most popular TV shows in New England?

p5pk8Zn.png

Boston Metropolitan Area Transportation Authority
7sPPY9y.png

The Boston Metropolitan Area Transportation Authority, abbreviated as BMATA and known as "The T" is the public agency owned by the City of Boston and Province of Massachusetts Bay. Besides the Boston Taxi Association and New England Rail, The BMATA operates all other public transportation services in the City of Boston, as well as commuter services to other areas of Massachusetts Bay, and the provinces of Plymouth, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire. The BMATA was formed in 1964 when most other public forms of transportation were nationalised by the federal government and granted to the Province of Massachusetts Bay to organise a more cohesive transportation network. With ample government funding, BMATA was one of the few agencies in North America to expand its light rail commuter network while other cities were tearing them up to make way for more vehicle capacity on the roads. Due to the city's history of promoting light rail, the BMATA has one of the smallest bus networks of any major city in the world, with the majority of the public transportation being fulfilled by light rail and the underground metro.

The Boston Underground is the fourth busiest subway system in North America, ranking behind the Tri-City Metropolitan Transit Authority, the Mexico City Metro, and the Montreal Metro. The BMATA's light rail system is the busiest in the world outside of Europe, and is ranked 8th worldwide. Because it is government funded and receives federal subsidies for sourcing a majority of its electricity from renewable sources, it also ranks as one of the most inexpensive transportation systems in North America. A monthly pass for use of the underground and the light rail is £34.25 ($45 USD). For commuter rail and ferry services, monthly prices range from £26.85 ($35.25 USD) for Zone 1A to £195.75 (257.60 USD) for Zone 12.

Last edited:
An efficient, inexpensive T? Those of you who live outside New England simply cannot comprehend just how alternate this alternate timeline is.

An efficient, inexpensive T? Those of you who live outside New England simply cannot comprehend just how alternate this alternate timeline is.

Inexpensive to the commuter at least. You don't want to see the subsidies.

Efficiency on the other hand, yes, that is VERY different with the BMATA versus the MBTA.

ROADMAP 25/02/2018
I wanted to get together a roadmap not only for myself but for everyone else here as well. I also open this up for requests for people to request something to be added to the list, so please! Now is a great time to ask and I'll be sure to work on it and not miss it.

Short Term (March/April/May)
* Complete Canadian provinces (Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Athabasca, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Newfoundland)
* Complete most recent New England provincial elections (Long Island, Rhode Island, Plymouth, Connecticut, Massachusetts Bay, Adirondack, New Hampshire, Maine, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island)
* US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, USSR country wikiboxes
* MLB (Baseball), IBA (Basketball), Soccer in New England, New England college sports wikiboxes
* FIFA World Cups, country winners
* U.S. Political Party wikiboxes + short bio
* Columbia election wikibox
* New England military wikiboxes
* Terrorism in the world wikibox/write-up
* Soviet & German Civil War wikiboxes
* American-Japanese War wikibox
* Holidays in New England
* Cabinet of President Marco Rubio

Medium Term (May-July/ongoing)
* Detailed European map
* Weekly news updates(?) [South Africa news]
* New England General Elections between 1980 and 2001
* U.S. History (Mexican War, more on Civil War, Teddy Roosevelt)
* 2016 US Presidential Election wikipage
* List of British Prime Ministers since 1776
* Northern Ireland wikipage
* South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Venezuela, Colombia, Peru, Bolivia) as well as the wars (incl. Commonwealth-Argentina War) wikiboxes
* Wikiboxes of all New England wars
* Commonwealth space programmes
* The Great Depression
* Olympic lists
* New England National Park Map

Long Term (2018-2019)
* New England flag referendum (series)
* Next New England General Election (series)
* All Commonwealth wikiboxes

Requests (Time unknown)
* BMATA route map
* Entertainer & Company wikiboxes
* TV show wikiboxes
* Google Maps of: Long Island Sound Link, Beverly MA, Boston Centre, & Newburyport MA

Last edited:
I have to ask -- since we've seen ITTL's versions of the NFL and NHL, I'm guessing we'll eventually see ITTL's versions of Major League Baseball, the NBA, pro soccer (is there promotion/relegation?) and college sports? It'd be interesting to get a glimpse of New England in CONCACAF and World Cup play as well.

I haven't commented on this yet, but I'm loving this so far. I love how real it feels, your TL has a great mix of familiar and different. Looking forward to more!

Deleted member 92121

Would love to see something about South America. Any different wars In TTL? Brazil is a Republic or a Empire? Who's the president/Emperor? Any hate between neighbors down there?

Also, a question: In OTL, the GOP reallly enjoy to talk about being the Party of Lincoln and Reagan. And the Dems also love to boast about Roosevelt and JFK. But ITTL the parties have changed so much until the present National- Social Labour status, that i wonder who identifies with wich. Hamilton, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt, for example, make me curious.

Now I'm thinking of a Mount Rushmore with the faces of these four.

All great suggestions so far! I've added each one to the list. Keep them coming!

I would like feedback on the news stories/news websites. Should I keep doing them? They are probably the best fun I have with making them but I'm not too sure if I've given out enough information lore-wise yet to just dive into articles and headlines like I want to haha. Regardless, I will be making all of the items on the short term list my first priority.

Have any of these entertainers stayed in New England ITTL or have they all moved to the United States?

- Benjamin (Ben) Affleck
- Matthew (Matt) Damon
- Mark Wahlberg
- Edward Norton
- Paul Giamatti
- Anna Kendrick

Also, are Macy's and Subway based in New England or the US?

I haven't commented on this yet, but I'm loving this so far. I love how real it feels, your TL has a great mix of familiar and different. Looking forward to more!

Thank you! I love when new people comment and enjoy it. Makes me happy to know people are reading along!

Well, perhaps some leaked informations from South Africa?

I'll add it in the news section :)

Have any of these entertainers stayed in New England ITTL or have they all moved to the United States?

- Benjamin (Ben) Affleck
- Matthew (Matt) Damon
- Mark Wahlberg
- Edward Norton
- Paul Giamatti
- Anna Kendrick

Also, are Macy's and Subway based in New England or the US?

I'll work on infoboxes for these! Medium term though...

Status
Not open for further replies.