Status
Not open for further replies.
Until you posted the wikibox for the election, @Kanan, I didn't realize that for all the sturm-und-drang over the Tory landslide, they did barely better in the popular vote than they did last election. First past the post is a beaut that way!
Indeed. Maggie won her landslide in '83 with a similar voteshare. Labour and the Alliance had similar voteshares as well but due to FPTP, Labour ended up with roughly 180 more seats than the Alliance.

Speaking of leaderships, when are the leadership elections?
I expect Labour and the Green's leadership elections will be in a few months. Interim leaders might be Geoff Regan, depending on whether he resigns immediately (if he does then it might be Joe Kennedy) and KKW respectivly.

Not really sure about who PF might have as interim leader.

Here's what I think the New England Senate will look like following the election

Adirondack: 8

Conservative: 5
Green: 2
Social Democratic: 1

Connecticut: 17

Conservative: 8
Labour: 6
Social Democratic: 2
Green: 1

Long Island: 20

Social Democratic: 10
Conservative: 9
Labour: 1

Maine: 6

Conservative: 4
Parti Francophone: 1

Massachusetts Bay: 25

Conservative: 11
Labour: 8
Social Democratic: 5
Green: 1

New Brunswick: 4

Conservative: 2
Parti Francophone: 1

New Hampshire: 6

Labour: 2

Nova Scotia: 4

Plymouth: 6

Prince Edward Island: 1

Conservative: 1

Rhode Island: 5

Vermont: 3

Social Democratic: 2

Total: 105

Conservative: 52
Labour: 25
Social Democratic: 22
Green: 4
Parti Francophone: 2

Speaking of leaderships, when are the leadership elections?
From 20 September:
Labour will choose an interim leader if they cannot hold an election before Parliament is seated. The Greens leadership election is this weekend.
Obviously, since then, this happened, so now probably whenever Kanan finds the time.
Hey everyone! Just wanted to give a quick little update on the status of the timeline.

First thing is first, there's going to be a dramatic drop in the amount of content over the next two months or so. As I have alluded to several times on discord, and I think a few times on here, I bought a house! It's closer to where I work so in the long run I'll have even more time to spend on the timeline! (I work 45 hours a week, and my commute right now is 1 hour each way, this move cuts it down to 25 min!! :closedeyesmile:) But this added caveat comes with getting rid of the old place, updating the new place (and believe me, it looks like it was last renovated when President Eisenhower left office), and then moving everything over and getting settled. Obviously this is gunna take some time. I know I have yet to finish the precinct map, and I truly hope I'll have the energy to continue to release the maps in the coming week or so, but no promises. If I find I do have some spare time and the energy, I'll work on something for the TL, but otherwise I won't be doing anything that can't be done in my 1 hour lunch break. Feel free to ask text questions here though! I can still respond to those fairly easily :extremelyhappy:

I hope everyone can understand! I have tons of stuff cooking up for the TL, my notebook is as full as ever! Thank you to all those who have supported me and continue to support me <3

I know I'm a bit late to this, but firstly, congratulations! By my very rough calculations that gives you more than 8 hours a week that you now have free, which is amazing and hopefully you can use it to relax. Take a month, six months, a year, a decade (okay maybe not a whole decade), as long as you need. Look after yourself first and foremost, then real life, then the timeline. But we all are here for you and are cheering for you every step of the way. That reminds me...

*brief anecdote*
I went on a trip to Tasmania last week. I don't often go on holiday, so it was great for me to be able to, and I spent many hours on a beach near where we were staying, walking up and down and admiring the view. At some point I realised that I had started singing the New England national anthem to myself. It then occurred to me that yours is one of only two timelines I know of where the author has written a national anthem for their country (the other being Hail, Brittania), and you went to the effort to give it five verses and a chorus. You're also the only AH.commer I know of who live-posted not one, but two, ATL elections in real time. I'm not a New Englander, and have no connection to the region. But I was sitting there and somehow I still felt a deep sense of pride in New England, wanted it to succeed and prosper, and felt that the Commonwealth of New England was one of the few countries in the world that I could believe in and fight for. Sure, it's not perfect, but one of the best countries in the world by far.

And then I remembered that it wasn't real.
But the world you've created is so amazing and so realistic, that for a few moments I wondered if there was any way to bring the South African regime down, and whether the SDP had any future as a political force in New England, and what the impact of Belgium leaving the Zollverein was.

So thank you, @Kanan, for this world you've created. Each time you post, I feel a bit happier.

*end of not-so-brief anecdote*

If these are within the realms of what you are willing and able to do in your lunch break (which really should be for lunch), then could you please answer a few of my questions?
These from just before the election (which I'd forgotten about until everyone else mentioned it), so understandably there were bigger issues.

• Was there greater Jewish migration to Israel before the late 1940s when Israel declared independence?
  • Are there any other nasty pariah states in the world, or is it just SA and Israel?
  • Could we see a larger version of the flags (assuming you have them somewhere) of Brazil, India and the Commonwealth?
  • Also, what’s up with Arabia and the rest of the Middle East, how’d that turn out the way it did? (Assuming alternate treaties at the end of WW1, but interested to know the how and why.)

In addition:
  • What are some common holiday destinations for New Englanders, domestically and internationally?

Sorry about the super long post and question bombardment. :confused: I'll go back to quietly lurking and liking now, but first, CATS!

many_cats.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.