Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty though, i can't help but think, if Sanders had become leader, that Labour would have gotten at least 80 seats (even if some of the more moderate voters weren't happy with it), simply cause they would have gotten at least 35% of the vote, especially in a first past the post.

Had Sanders become leader, it's not really known how well they would do. Some interesting alt-history to explore here!
I don't think Sanders would get 80 seats. A Sanders leadership with a similar style of lunacy - Your car breaks down. Who do you blame? BANKERS! - and inexperience that we saw in the Social Democrat lot would probably anger a lot of prominent moderate Labour people and the party's moderate voters. This anger could then cause the moderates to break away like how David Owen and Roy Jenkins did when Michael 'Worzel Gummidge' Foot was leader of the UK's Labour Party IOTL.

5Vm4VSx.png
If it was Sanders, Leader of Labour, instead of Sanders, Leader of the Social Democrats, that was saying that, I doubt Sanders' Labour would do much better than his SDP.

VqJ9a6t.png

>Cecil Clarke finally enters federal politics
A great day for Cape Breton, and therefore the world.

Somehow I didn't realize that the Francophones were completely shut out! Quite a few provincial sweeps too, Conservatives with all of New Brunswick and New Hampshire, and SDP with Vermont. I'd imagine sweeps have been rare since the arrival of the Francophones in the Maritimes or the Greens in Vermont/Adirondack, and obviously would never happen in the provinces with larger urban areas.

Joe Kennedy for Labour leader!
Tim Ashe or maybe Rosa DeLauro for Social Democratic leader!
Kathleen Kennedy Williams for Green Leader!

There's my choices for the leaders of the left.

Joe Kennedy for Labour leader!
Tim Ashe or maybe Rosa DeLauro for Social Democratic leader!
Kathleen Kennedy Williams for Green Leader!

There's my choices for the leaders of the left.
Seconding Kathleen Kennedy Williams for Green Leader. We need a new face and new energy for the party that has taken a different turn after the recent elections, and May is not the person for that job.

Seconding Kathleen Kennedy Williams for Green Leader. We need a new face and new energy for the party that has taken a different turn after the recent elections, and May is not the person for that job.
Count me in as an enthusiastic backer of Kathleen Kennedy Williams for Green Leader. She's proven she can lead a party at the provincial level, and I think a Cape Codder will have a great perspective on some of the party's key issues.

I don't think Sanders would get 80 seats. A Sanders leadership with a similar style of lunacy - Your car breaks down. Who do you blame? BANKERS! - and inexperience that we saw in the Social Democrat lot would probably anger a lot of prominent moderate Labour people and the party's moderate voters. This anger could then cause the moderates to break away like how David Owen and Roy Jenkins did when Michael 'Worzel Gummidge' Foot was leader of the UK's Labour Party IOTL.

If it was Sanders, Leader of Labour, instead of Sanders, Leader of the Social Democrats, that was saying that, I doubt Sanders' Labour would do much better than his SDP.

Well the ideal choice would have been Trudeau to be honest or someone between the left wing Sanders and the Centrist Reagan.

Status
Not open for further replies.