Status
Not open for further replies.
"Kinda"

A "true" Independent Candidate is one who has been abandoned by the party past the swap deadline (one week before ballots are printed, which is four weeks before the election). For example:

Party A has candidate "John Smith." The deadline has come and past to unendorse him from the ticket. If it is BEFORE ballots are printed and the party has found John Smith is secretly a plant from Party B they drop him and officially the ballot is printed as:

John Smith
Independent

Jane Doe
Party B

Mike Williams
Petitioning

If it is AFTER ballots are printed, then it will still remain as:

John Smith
Party A

Jane Doe
Party B

Mike Williams
Petitioning

However, in both cases if John Smith wins the election, he will be sat as "Hon. John Smith, IND"

Likewise, if Mike Williams wins, he will be sat as "Hon. Mike Williams, IND"

So yeah, uh "Kinda"

Ah, I see. That type of independent would be more of an Independent X candidate IOTL.

If you provide enough signatures (2.5% of the electorate in that riding) to Elections New England (after being verified) you qualify as a Petitioning Candidate on the ballot. This is the same across all provinces and for all elections.
Neat! Thanks for clarifying.

I'm not sure if I missed this sw on this timeline was there an explanation given as to why there wasn't a bridge or tunnel between long island and Connecticut....I know there isn't one in the original timeline but in this one it would seem to solve a lot of problems

I'm not sure if I missed this sw on this timeline was there an explanation given as to why there wasn't a bridge or tunnel between long island and Connecticut....I know there isn't one in the original timeline but in this one it would seem to solve a lot of problems

There actually is a bridge between Connecticut and Long Island, found here

That makes me wonder--IOTL, the Canada Act mandated the federal government to provide ferry service to Prince Edward Island, until a fixed link (bridge) was built and that clause was waived. Did something similar happen with New England in this timeline?

love the bridge, love the wiki page for it surprised they built one there considering they wanted to make sure long island didn't get so close to the u.s would have thought 1 or two more bridges might have exploded long island as a whole population growth more so than it already is...still best timeline ever though....just as a native from Brooklyn hate that we losing out to not just ny but boston too lol

General Election 2018: Poll Tracker 05/09/2018
NBqwSB1.png

Come on SDP, take it home (though lets be honest, the Conservative's are going to get like 150 seats cause they're the only ones looking somewhat functional about now).

well if I was in this New England I would vote for the SPD :D
Seconded. ITTL Bernie Sanders isn't the kind and charismatic man of OTL, however, I still support the policies of the SDP over the increasingly moderate Labour Party and the rest of the parties in New England seem to either be more or less single-issue.

Seconded. ITTL Bernie Sanders isn't the kind and charismatic man of OTL, however, I still support the policies of the SDP over the increasingly moderate Labour Party and the rest of the parties in New England seem to either be more or less single-issue.

Or is New England/Commonwealth news reporting inherently biased?

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.