Status
Not open for further replies.
New England Birth Certificate
Yj5qy7I.png

RLFirtT.png

I stole the idea from @TwiliAlchemist over in the Graphics Thread. Should give credit where it is due, it is an awesome idea!

Last edited:

VT45

Banned
I’m assuming that form is only used in some provinces? And for example the ones used in Massachusetts Bay would be primarily in English?

I’m assuming that form is only used in some provinces? And for example the ones used in Massachusetts Bay would be primarily in English?

Oh, of course! The form is similar across all the provinces, but the language of the fields are determined by the Provincial government. In this case, Adirondack has determined that all of them need to be in French. But, because the province is officially bilingual, it is legal to enter the information in English (notice how the child's data is not in French).

The only provinces with French forms are Adirondack, Vermont, Maine, and New Brunswick.

Edit: I've added an English version to my upload as well!

Last edited:
@Kanan, awesome updates! The German-Soviet War is probably one of my favorite parts of the TL so far so returning to that era is pretty great.

Also, did the Mandate of Germany have a single unified government or was it just the three individual occupation zones? Was this government administered by the entire Commonwealth?

@Kanan: What happened with Jessica Brakefield after she was born? She must be thirty something by now. :p

Hmm... probably working in the provincial government given her father's connections.

@Kanan, awesome updates! The German-Soviet War is probably one of my favorite parts of the TL so far so returning to that era is pretty great.

Also, did the Mandate of Germany have a single unified government or was it just the three individual occupation zones? Was this government administered by the entire Commonwealth?

Thank you! I'm glad you liked them. I'm awful at writing war things so that's why the German Civil War was so spotty. Notice how I had more for the Mandate haha

As for the Mandate, it was a single unified government. As mentioned, the occupation zones were only for internal security. For example, the defence of Berlin would be up to the British, Munich the Canadians, and Königsberg the New Englanders. The military would police the region and carry out the civil administration of government, all directed by the top three generals and PM Attlee. Unlike a British colony, where materials would be taken out and tax revenue used for the metropole, all money raised via taxes in the Mandate were used to pay for the German army, and to fund the functions of Government. This is why the handover went so smoothly, the British formed a civil service (much in the image of India, mind you), a government, and invested heavily into the economy. Germany owes her modern day success to the United Kingdom, and it helps explain why the two are extremely close allies.

Thank you! I'm glad you liked them. I'm awful at writing war things so that's why the German Civil War was so spotty. Notice how I had more for the Mandate haha
I personally think you're writing is great, but I have experience in writing about wars in my timelines so if you want some help with that feel free to PM me. :)

The military would police the region and carry out the civil administration of government, all directed by the top three generals and PM Attlee.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this means that the Mandate's government is a council of the three militaries under the leadership of Atlee, right?

I personally think you're writing is great, but I have experience in writing about wars in my timelines so if you want some help with that feel free to PM me. :)

Thank you! <3 I'll be sure to keep that in mind!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this means that the Mandate's government is a council of the three militaries under the leadership of Atlee, right?

This is correct. While Attlee only went to Germany a few times during the Mandate, the three Generals spent the entire time in country and made the bulk of the decisions based on the loose objectives of the Prime Minister. For example, if Attlee proposed a new rail line should go from Berlin to Breslau, then it would be up to both Montgomery and Crerar to determine if this was feasible, how it could be done, how it should be paid for, what body would take control of it, what stations it should stop at along the way, if it should follow an older line from an old Prussian railway, and so on.

But at the same time, if there was a general agreement among the generals (lets build a new munitions depot for the German Army here outside of Madgeburg) then they didn't need to consult Attlee. In a sense, you could see him as the "Head of State" with significant influence while the council was the "Head of Government"

But at the same time, if there was a general agreement among the generals (lets build a new munitions depot for the German Army here outside of Madgeburg) then they didn't need to consult Attlee. In a sense, you could see him as the "Head of State" with significant influence while the council was the "Head of Government"
Interesting. If the Commonwealth and Germany are so close ITTL is there any movement in Germany (however small) to join the Commonwealth?

Also, what nations were within the Soviet sphere of influence during the Cold War and what nations continue to cozy up to Moscow?

Status
Not open for further replies.