OTL Map Thread Mk IV., 2014-

About one and a half years ago, I had found a somewhat cheesy map of Europe:

And now for maybe the cheesiest map ever:

View attachment 390168

have a different take on it (also webfound)

europecheese2.jpg

Sardinia: we have some non-disgusting cheeses too, you know.

Poland has some odd-looking cheeses. And are those doughnut-shaped cheeses in the Czech republic?

Can anyone help me identify the author/original site of this map? I've seen others that are similar to it on AH.com but I haven't seen a direct attribution and before I mod it I want to at least try due diligence!

Attachments

• e907998b914609a7ec821efa14755d46.png
    e907998b914609a7ec821efa14755d46.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 603
Can anyone help me identify the author/original site of this map? I've seen others that are similar to it on AH.com but I haven't seen a direct attribution and before I mod it I want to at least try due diligence!
I'm not sure but id say it was made by Joaquín de Salas Vara de Rey for Hisatlas. He has made a very nice collection of maps but sadly hidden behind a paywall

I'm not sure but id say it was made by Joaquín de Salas Vara de Rey for Hisatlas. He has made a very nice collection of maps but sadly hidden behind a paywall
Thank you--that does look probable! Probably reposted by someone with full access, then, given the higher resolution. Good to know for future work!

some maps of medieval france and burgundy;
-the burgundies 800s-900s
Karte_Hoch_und_Niederburgund_EN.png
-france 1030
989px-Map_France_1030-fr.svg.png
-the burgundies 1100s-1200s (+1000s?)
Map_Kingdom_Arelat_EN.png
-france 1180
988px-Map_France_1180-fr.svg.png
-valois burgundy 1400s
Karte_Haus_Burgund_4_EN.png
-france 1477
900px-Map_France_1477-en.svg.png

Population Growth 1950 - 2020 by UN data
I continue

de1d9xz-60180bd9-4f7a-4c07-a826-6e39431d5d3d.png

In the 20 years since the publication of "World Population Prospects: The 2000 Revision", you can take the results and determine the adequacy of the demographic models used by the UN in its forecasts. In the global plan, the UN almost guessed - although the population for 2020 is slightly larger than the "medium" option, it is closer to it than to the "high" one. At the regional level, disagreement begins - few countries are in the middle range. This is due to several aspects:
1) The UN did not guess the rate of falling fertility in Asian countries such as Iran and Africa
2) The “medium” varinat did not take into account fertility recovery in Eastern Europe
3) In many countries there are problems with population statistics (Ukraine, I'm talking about you) and migration
4) Obviously, the UN did not incorporate military conflicts into its model, such as the Syrian Civil War
5) I don’t understand in what dream of reason they found 2 million people in Bhutan at the turn of the millennium