OTL Map Thread Mk IV., 2014-

And now some other election results that show that the polish voters don't emulate the 1914 border in every election ( but still in quite a number of them)

polandseveralelections.jpg

I wonder now if I should silently mutter "Anschluss? Anschluss?" to myself... :coldsweat:

And now some other election results that show that the polish voters don't emulate the 1914 border in every election ( but still in quite a number of them)
I wonder now if I should silently mutter "Anschluss? Anschluss?" to myself... :coldsweat:

I can see the border in all of those (except maybe the first one)

I was going to wait until later in the year because I'm sure people are sick of these by now, but Sudan just got suspended from the AU and I'm pretty sure the patches are numerous enough to count for a new version.

June 2019
HcKwxtm.png

Previous Versions

Changelog

• Wars in Libya, Syria, and Yemen updated
  • Gaza now shown as controlled by Hamas
  • Colours updated to comply with the latest version of Toastзr
  • North Kosovo now shown
  • Chernobyl and Fukushima exclusion zones now shown
  • Flipped the Congos
  • Adélie Land no longer connected to the French Southern and Antarctic Lands
  • Made the Caribbean a teensy bit more geographically accurate
  • Sudan suspended from the African Union
  • Added infoboxes for the countries with the 8 largest GDPs, and microWorldAs for systems of government and population density

Crazy Boris

Banned
A couple small, simple maps

first off, the Donatarios of Cape Verde. The islands weren't a unified colony at first, instead made up of these little autonomous lordships until one by one the Portuguese crown absorbed them
donatarios.png

And secondly, the tribes of Circassia and Kabardia right before the Russian conquest started
Circassia 1750.png

ireland and britain / uk mines!
4KLBCzR.jpg

non ferrous metals ^ tin(sn) copper(cu) lead(pb) zinc (zn) barrium(ba) and gold(au)
ferrous metals v
qt5Ls6y.jpg

iron (fe) ^
coal v
iBWsWxA.jpg

coal ^
to be continued???

Crazy Boris

Banned
Can pop change.png

Population change in Canada by Province/Territory from 1871-2011

it doesn't mention this on the image, but purple means newly-created provinces/territories

Has anyone done a DeviantArt style map of OTL (used by figures such as RvBOMally, QuantumBranching, etc.) which has pithy little annotations describing the fantastical to the abominable qualities of the world? I'm imagining the brief descriptors of war in Syria, of cartels in Mexico, of civil disorder in Hong Kong and of coup in Bolivia and all the rest. And of democratization in Sudan, economic boom in Ethiopia, of change in Chile. You know, both good and the bad.

Could probably even happen as a monthly news update, but an annual new year's eve thing is probably the best way.