OTL Election maps resources thread

Health Concern are now a sub-group of the NHAP, but I believe there's only one or two NHAP candidates who aren't ICHC this time round.

As you can see from the map, they've consistently had a County Councillor or two in Worcs, and one in Salop since 2009. They also get a few decent second places every time. But they have been in a decline on the Borough level since the mid-2000s and only got one Borough Councillor elected in 2016.

I'm a bit bemused by a single-issue party like this standing on all levels, mainly because the various Healthcare Parties here only stand for county council as that's where most healthcare decisions are taken.

I'm a bit bemused by a single-issue party like this standing on all levels, mainly because the various Healthcare Parties here only stand for county council as that's where most healthcare decisions are taken.
We have District Health Boards which are elected separately, because of course we do.

We have District Health Boards which are elected separately, because of course we do.
I believe that was Labour policy in Scotland at one point. There was a bit of a crisis when the Lib Dems agreed to it in 2003 instead of offering concessions for not doing it like they were expected to. But it all got sorted out in the end.

hang on is that why stv was introduced is this why we voted leave
@Thande

Thande

Donor
I believe that was Labour policy in Scotland at one point. There was a bit of a crisis when the Lib Dems agreed to it in 2003 instead of offering concessions for not doing it like they were expected to. But it all got sorted out in the end.

hang on is that why stv was introduced is this why we voted leave
@Thande
If we can trace back who came up with the Labour policy we can trace it back to an even more trivial event!

how about new zealand first?
Here you go. A fairly simple demonstration that they are most successful in Maori electorates and the rural North Island, and least successful in central Wellington and Auckland.

NZ GE 2014 (NZF).png

val-de-1912.png

Managed to map the Kaiserreich-era constituencies to a map of Kreis-level subdivisions I had lying around, with a bit of help from IEG-Maps in places where reforms took place between 1867 and 1900 (which was surprisingly few places, all things considered). Accuracy varies depending on place, but as a general rule I feel it ought to be fairly accurate.

View attachment 318070

Managed to map the Kaiserreich-era constituencies to a map of Kreis-level subdivisions I had lying around, with a bit of help from IEG-Maps in places where reforms took place between 1867 and 1900 (which was surprisingly few places, all things considered). Accuracy varies depending on place, but as a general rule I feel it ought to be fairly accurate.

That's astounding and very well made. Is there any sort of pattern besides the odd cluster of similar results beside each other?

That's astounding and very well made. Is there any sort of pattern besides the odd cluster of similar results beside each other?
Well, yes.

You can see the Catholic areas of Bavaria and the Rhineland in grey, the SPD stronghold of Saxony, the industrialized cities leaning to the SPD, as well as the Anti-Semites in Hesse and the Conservatives out East.

As well, the Minderheiten and Autonomist (in Alsace/Elsaß) areas correspond pretty well to the areas that were given to Poland, France and Denmark in Versailles.

Catholic areas vote Centre - obviously.

Rural Prussia votes for either one of the conservative parties, except where a majority are Poles (in which case they vote for the Polish Party) or German Catholics (in which case they vote Centre - obviously).

Upper Hesse votes for the anti-semites for reasons I can't quite fathom - it is where they got started, but other than that I've got nothing.

The National Liberals and the Progressives each maintain their historical strongholds, but I couldn't say if there are demographic factors at play - I'd say no.

Finally, of course, major cities and industrial areas vote SPD.

And I'm doing this in the evening when we can't campaign so...

Speaking of, I have just started on Warwickshire. Unless Thande really wants to do it, I'll head north and do the 5 above the Liverhull gap next.

I have to say, if I was expecting a north-south split I wasn't expecting it to be Yorkshire Yorkshire 3000 doing the South and 1949 Home Service Announcer doing the North.