OTL Election maps resources thread

This election feels very 50s-60s to me. The old municipalities, the weird electoral division of Skane and the fact that the Liberals and almost the Centre Party look bigger than the Moderates seems to give it away.
That division continued until 1994, but with the new municipalities of Malmö, Lund, Helsingborg and Landskrona. So Lund and Hjärup were in separate constituencies, and Höganäs was in an exclave of the Malmöhus rural constituency.

And the finished thing.

val-1952.png

sv5lpRd.png

I also have the data for a raw vote variant of this (though I'd need to come up with more color gradations). Amazingly, even when just looking at the raw vote totals, Clinton did worse than any Democrat on record since 1888 in 47% of Missouri counties, and if you look only at elections since the introduction of Women's suffrage, that number is 57%

First of hopefully many Malaysia maps to come. Opposition PH swept to power, first non-BN government ever. WARISAN is allied, but not in a formal coalition with PH, which puts the total at 123. 1 of the Independents was endorsed by PH, 1 was an insurgent, and one was a minor coalition. This probably puts the government at 124/5 depending on indie #2.

FxjJVZb.png

edit* The BN flipped a seat in a Perak recount so we are now at 123/4 for the government and I had to update my image.

Last edited:
FTR, the absolute majority figure is 122.

Malaysia is in for interesting times, methinks.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. 222 seats in the chamber. 112 is a simple 50%+1, 133 is a 60% majority, and 145 is a 66%+ majority, which is what is needed for constitutional changes. I'm not sure what you meant by picking a 55% number. Maybe there is something I am missing.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. 222 seats in the chamber. 112 is a simple 50%+1, 133 is a 60% majority, and 145 is a 66%+ majority, which is what is needed for constitutional changes. I'm not sure what you meant by picking a 55% number. Maybe there is something I am missing.
No, I just accidentally wrote 122 instead of 112.

Final collection of maps on Malaysia.

7GoHvgx.png

bVBJJ99.png

Y0lIueF.png

gKvIls9.png

Example - The official site calculated 100% as 40% PH + 30% BN + 10% GS/PAS + 20% registered failed to vote. This is what I mean by includes nonvoters.
ICCaisc.png

n0jdJBq.png

For this one, it was originally assumed the national turnout was 76%, and my scale was based on that. Then it got adjusted to 82%, and wreaked it. Still, the pattern is Higher turnout - > higher PH vote.
GtOwO8Q.png

XqDNUGG.png

In 2013, PAS was part of the PK coalition, and have since left. Therefore, most of the Hard Blue seats are areas where PAS/GS is solid.

MmRPx7u.png

Last edited:
You've definitely marked some seats in K-L as gains when they weren't.

There were two BN's and one Indie in South KL pre-election. Post-election, the city is all PH except the indie in Batu who was always technically a PH. Now those two seats didn't have the BN's standing in them this election - they tried to run in the new gerrymandered city seats for them. I think the problem stems from which two seats correspond to the old BN seats under the new lines.

There were two BN's and one Indie in South KL pre-election. Post-election, the city is all PH except the indie in Batu who was always technically a PH. Now those two seats didn't have the BN's standing in them this election - they tried to run in the new gerrymandered city seats for them. I think the problem stems from which two seats correspond to the old BN seats under the new lines.

Looking into it, the two seats the BN had are relatively unchanged compared to pre-election and they're up in the NE not the SE.

2016 Election among Whites who hold 4-Year College Degrees:
2016_non_hispanic_white_college_degree_vote_by_reagentah-dccmer3.png

Clinton won the popular vote among this group 46.4% to 46.2%. The electoral college would also have narrowly gone for her 283 to 255

2016 Election among Non-Hispanic White Voters without a College Degree:
2016_non_hispanic_white_non_college_degree_vote_by_reagentah-dccojpm.png

Trump carried this group 64 to 30, and won the electoral college by 521 to 17 (Maine's 1st was really close but appears to have tilted Trump).

Last edited:
2016 Election among Whites who hold 4-Year College Degrees:

Clinton won the popular vote among this group 46.4% to 46.2%. The electoral college would also have narrowly gone for her 283 to 255

Wow, I can't believe that Montana would have went blue in 2016 if you only counted the white college educated voters, by what margin would she have won the state?