OTL Election maps resources thread

Alright, so here's an election map for the South African general election of 2014, specifically for the provincial elections that occurred in each of South Africa's nine provinces concurrently with the elections for the national legislature. In this election, the African National Congress won in eight out of South Africa's nine provinces, with the one exception being the province of Western Cape (which includes Cape Town), which was won by the Democratic Alliance by a margin of thirty points. Also with this map are maps detailing the share of the vote won by the ANC, the DA and Economic Freedom Fighters in each province, my apologies if it's a bit blurry but this was my first time using Inkscape so it was a bit of a learning experience.

SABEST2015.png

SABEST2018.png

SABEST2016png.png

SABEST2019png.png

I think there's one shade of blue that you haven't listed in the DA share of the vote map's key.
My apologies that I didn't answer this earlier, but I double-checked and while there's not a missing shade I can definitely see the discoloration that you're talking about, and I think that was because of something that might have happened while I was adjusting the colors using Inkscape. I'm really new to the program so that's probably why and I'll try to fix it when I get the chance.

Just discovered that in Spain, institutional propaganda inciting or calling on people to vote is not acceptable because the Junta Electoral Central considers abstention a right can not be attacked - and hence prohibits such kind of institutional campaigns.

Also, working on a map of the latest Taiwanese legislative election.

Just discovered that in Spain, institutional propaganda inciting or calling on people to vote is not acceptable because the Junta Electoral Central considers abstention a right can not be attacked - and hence prohibits such kind of institutional campaigns.
Judicial constitutionalism: not even once.

Another bit of late-night speed mapping, because if I try to block myself from my regular projects, I'll find something to procrastinate on. Credit goes to @Nanwe for the colour scheme and to Wikipedia user Revas (or so I think) for the basemap.

val-fr-seine-1945.png

Last edited:
I'm mighty disappointed you didn't use the full name of the Radical party :p

As an aside, shouldn't the divers gauche be 'divers droite'? Or is that another case of sinistrisme?

I'd love to know where those 'divers ou inconnus' stood at, I'd bet many were right-wingers (especially because of where they were elected) - but I see that in the wiki it's not really mentioned either.

By the way did the Soviet satellites use Soviet style single mandate districts or some kind of multi-member constituencies?

By the way did the Soviet satellites use Soviet style single mandate districts or some kind of multi-member constituencies?

I think FPTP mostly, if I remember correctly that was the case in Czechoslovakia and East Germany, although I could be wrong.

I think FPTP mostly, if I remember correctly that was the case in Czechoslovakia and East Germany, although I could be wrong.
The SBZ Landtag elections used PR in constituencies of between 5 and 20 members, roughly. I mapped the Sachsen-Anhalt elections here, and the all-Berlin ones in a link from that post.

I believe the Volkskammer used a fascist Italy-style "we'll draw up a list of members, your job is to put the ballot in the box and approve it" system.

The SBZ Landtag elections used PR in constituencies of between 5 and 20 members, roughly. I mapped the Sachsen-Anhalt elections here, and the all-Berlin ones in a link from that post.

I believe the Volkskammer used a fascist Italy-style "we'll draw up a list of members, your job is to put the ballot in the box and approve it" system.

You were of course allowed to cross out the names of any members you didn't approve of.

Obviously if you approve of any one member then you approve of the whole list.

And obviously it's entirely up to the people running the election whether you've properly crossed out any names.

And obviously this marks you out as a dangerous subversive.