How's the Start?

• Total voters
Wonder how we got a UK football team here for the World Cup? What was the POD for it?
During the 20s when popular sport became mainstream, the GB gov did try to merge all the teams together, but fell out due to lack of political will. McKenna, a proponent of the idea is PM atm, so he pulls it through just about.

Nice to know that all the major Greek football clubs of the empire have been excluded from the league. One wonders if instead they play in the Greek league. After all that was first named the panhellenic championship. :angel:

Nice to know that all the major Greek football clubs of the empire have been excluded from the league. One wonders if instead they play in the Greek league. After all that was first named the panhellenic championship. :angel:
While within the Pan-Hellenic Sphere, some of the Grade B clubs are big, comparatively for the size of the OE, only the clubs from Yanya, Salonika, Kavala and Smyrna really compare. Even Armenian clubs were bigger than Greek ones in 1910. In the Grade B and C leagues however, Greek Clubs have a major participatory front. Though, a Panhellenic Championship like the OTL Pan-Armenian Sports Leagues is not a bad idea.

The Clubs from Preveza could have qualified, had the region not be ceded to Greece in 1915 ittl.

Last edited:
I... I would be very careful about a World War II analogue where there's a Jewish dictator massacring people.

Jabotinsky and his ilk were more than happy to assassinate their fellow Jews if they disagreed. Look at what the Revisionists did to Jacob Israel De Haan for one, or the Altalena incident. I could totally see him killing leftists and Haredim alike if he had the opportunity, not to mention Palestinians.

the ottoman football leauge players must live on the road or in the train to go from Istanbul to Jerusalem and then maybe to Damascus to Baghdad to play every season

Jabotinsky and his ilk were more than happy to assassinate their fellow Jews if they disagreed. Look at what the Revisionists did to Jacob Israel De Haan for one, or the Altalena incident. I could totally see him killing leftists and Haredim alike if he had the opportunity, not to mention Palestinians.

Sure, sure. I was just raising the need for a delicate touch, given there's an obvious risk of clumsy parallels.

the ottoman football leauge players must live on the road or in the train to go from Istanbul to Jerusalem and then maybe to Damascus to Baghdad to play every season
yup, they pretty much live on the train during seasons, due to the diverse playing locations

very god story,can't wait to see what happens next, and think about doing a chapter that shows what happens to France in the future, anyway good luck with the rest

turtledoves

Time to vote agains lads, lets hope for the best!

Really love your fic, and hope you win the Turtledove!

OTL Ottoman Empire had to deal with the troublesome - and apparently barren - Arab territory for 400 years.

Immediately after the Empire disintegrates, we find out that about the oil and immense amount of natural resources in there. The Arabs went from nomadic tribespeople to oil barons with tier 1 global cities. Would love to see a timeline where the Ottoman Empire can modernize with such resources at their disposal.

With Islamophobia at an all time high, and the future looking equally grim IRL, it would be nice to see an alternate Muslim world united under the (albeit titular) leadership of the Ottoman Empire, so they can't be bullied by European/American powers as much as OTL.

Anyway, hope to read more of your TL whenever you feel up to it. Cheers!

1926 Ottoman General Elections Map.
OTTOMAN.png