How's the Start?

• Total voters
I just found this TL and it is already one of my favourites. I'm Greek heritage and I've always wanted to see a TL that has a rapprochement between Greece and Turkey/Ottomans. It is a tragedy that in OTL they have been so hostile to each other that it has harmed both of them.

Turkey/Ottomans will benefit immensely from the merchant marine/trading contacts of Greece while Greece will benefit from being friendly to the largest power in the region. Greek tourism and industry can be only benefit from a friendly relationship between the two powers while a friendly Greece allows the Ottomans to have a thriving and peaceful Aegean.

I am eagerly looking forward to how this TL develops
So far @Sārthākā seems to be moving toward the ideas of Dragoumis Eastern federation. Which do make a genuinely good relationship possible, after all the empire still has more Greeks than Greece (about ~1.5 million in Anatolia, ~2 million in Europe when Greece post union with Crete is about ~3 million) and said Greeks form an inordinate part of the middle class. Of course this means full equality as opposed to young Turk nationalism for real... and Greece should and will maintain naval parity, it must have a stick around lest the politics suddenly switch again in Constantinople or for that matter to make sure the porte understands it has a lot to gain from Athens friendship and much to lose otherwise. And yes I'm instinctively suspicious till proven hopefully wrong.

Does rashidi arabia have the oil fields Saudis had?

One interesting situation will be ottoman tourism to greece and Georgia may dominate their economies.
Depends on the location, I suppose. OTL Saudi eastern coasts (Dhahran and the like) seem to be under direct control of the Ottomans.

oil_gas_infrastructure_map.png

The ones in the middle of the peninsula though, may end up under Rashidi control of some sort.

Last edited:
I just found this TL and it is already one of my favourites. I'm Greek heritage and I've always wanted to see a TL that has a rapprochement between Greece and Turkey/Ottomans. It is a tragedy that in OTL they have been so hostile to each other that it has harmed both of them.

Turkey/Ottomans will benefit immensely from the merchant marine/trading contacts of Greece while Greece will benefit from being friendly to the largest power in the region. Greek tourism and industry can be only benefit from a friendly relationship between the two powers while a friendly Greece allows the Ottomans to have a thriving and peaceful Aegean.

I am eagerly looking forward to how this TL develops
thanks! you are correct that ittl the ottomans and the greeks will have a much better relations than otl. I intend to do a small writeup on the effects of the economies of both OE and Greece due to their treaties.

So far @Sārthākā seems to be moving toward the ideas of Dragoumis Eastern federation. Which do make a genuinely good relationship possible, after all the empire still has more Greeks than Greece (about ~1.5 million in Anatolia, ~2 million in Europe when Greece post union with Crete is about ~3 million) and said Greeks form an inordinate part of the middle class. Of course this means full equality as opposed to young Turk nationalism for real... and Greece should and will maintain naval parity, it must have a stick around lest the politics suddenly switch again in Constantinople or for that matter to make sure the porte understands it has a lot to gain from Athens friendship and much to lose otherwise. And yes I'm instinctively suspicious till proven hopefully wrong.
Not a federation no. National irredentism and national mythos of both the ottomans and greeks will make that impossible as well as national interests. The OE will inevitably turn to heavy industries and national resource extraction as their economic model whilst the greek will inevitably turn to maritime trade. Foreign policy wise as well the two don't mix properly. A closer relations, rapprochement, some border changes and perhaps an alliance is something more probable in my opinion.

Depends on the location, I suppose. OTL Saudi eastern coasts (Dhahran and the like) seem to be under direct control of the Ottomans.

oil_gas_infrastructure_map.png

The ones in the middle of the peninsula though, may end up under Rashidi control of some sort.
yes, the ones on the coats will fall under ottoman control. the interior will fall under Rashidi control.

notice #2
Sorry if i have not been so active lately. I'm getting married and had to go to nepal for the marriage, and everyone including me are busy for the marriage. The pre-written chapters will be uploaded by the end of the week (hopefully) however after that i cannot guarantee a chapter for sometime. Nonetheless, do not fret, this timeline will continue, and will continue to be updated, just at a slower pace than before.

Sorry if i have not been so active lately. I'm getting married and had to go to nepal for the marriage, and everyone including me are busy for the marriage. The pre-written chapters will be uploaded by the end of the week (hopefully) however after that i cannot guarantee a chapter for sometime. Nonetheless, do not fret, this timeline will continue, and will continue to be updated, just at a slower pace than before.
Congratulations :)

Areize

Banned
Congratulations dude hope you find happiness and best regards

Not a federation no. National irredentism and national mythos of both the ottomans and greeks will make that impossible as well as national interests. The OE will inevitably turn to heavy industries and national resource extraction as their economic model whilst the greek will inevitably turn to maritime trade. Foreign policy wise as well the two don't mix properly. A closer relations, rapprochement, some border changes and perhaps an alliance is something more probable in my opinion.
The so called "eastern federation" was not one strictly speaking at least in the sense of a single state between the two countries. Rather full equality within the empire with the Greeks of it having full equality and sharing in power/government.

It's alright, we're still around. Anyway, congratulations Sarthaka!