How's the Start?

• Total voters
Predictions for the Balkan War:
  • Bulgaria ends up ceding the Dobrudja to Romania, and quite possibly a sizable chunk of former East Rumelia to the Ottomans. Losses in the latter dimension will be contingent upon Bulgarian performance up to the point they capitulate; I predict they will be fairly small simply because of the quantity and relative quality of the Bulgarian army.
  • Serbia cedes eastern territories with substantial Romanian/Vlach population to Romania; possibly some Ottoman territorial cessions, though I lean to purely economic indemnities being more likely.
  • Montenegro manages to peace out either with no major territorial losses or token gains, given how much Nicholas I's character has been advertised. Guessing on the former due to the fact that the Montenegrin army is simply too small to survive a protracted conflict with the Ottomans.
Now, regarding European capitols to be occupied: I see Belgrade and Sofia as very likely, Cetinje as somewhat likely, and Bucharest as a non-zero possibility. Reason: if the Ottomans start doing too well against the Balkan Slavic states, I can see Russia pulling its period-accurate Pan-Slavism card and demanding either an Ottoman walkback or a declaration of war. In this event there's a real chance that the Russians overwhelm Romania by pure force of numbers initially.

Outside the Balkans, other capitols I can see being occupied with a moderate or better level of probability are Monaco, Luxembourg (if it isn't occupied already), Paris (if the French war effort buckles and the Central Powers are able to conclude the Eastern theater quickly enough to capitalize), Rome (if the same happens but in reverse, with the Italians on the back foot), and Petrograd. Berlin and Amsterdam could potentially be occupied as wildcard options, though I don't consider either especially likely; the former would require a good Russian showing in the East, the latter would require the Dutch to be uncharacteristically cavalier about their precious neutrality. Same applies to Vienna, which I only see coming under military occupation in the event of a Hungarian revolt. London is obviously unassailable, and I really can't see any of the Iberian or Scandinavian powers getting meaningfully involved in the conflict at this stage.

Last edited:
I guess the Ottomans will grab a small slice of Serbia and a considerable part of Eastern Rumelia by the time this war is over.
The Balkan League still would hold some slight numerical superiority and their armies had proven to be better tactically and operationally in OTL. That said their defeat here is certain, even if Greece and Romania kept neutral, which they'll apparently will not at least in the case of Romania. :angel:

Is the rule or advisement against asking authors of timelines when the next update will be uploaded considered an official rule or more of an unofficial, unwritten rule that most people abide by?

Is the rule or advisement against asking authors of timelines when the next update will be uploaded considered an official rule or more of an unofficial, unwritten rule that most people abide by?

It mostly falls under politeness and common sense (so yes, unwritten)

But if a thread has been silent for a long period (about 4-6 months, I think) then posting there with "new chapter when" would fall under "Necro" and as such actually against written rules.

It mostly falls under politeness and common sense (so yes, unwritten)

But if a thread has been silent for a long period (about 4-6 months, I think) then posting there with "new chapter when" would fall under "Necro" and as such actually against written rules.
Thanks

Hiatus Update
So like my graduate finals are coming up in 2 months and i am already pretty far behind. Because of that i will be taking a 2 month hiatus from all of my TLs on this site. Don't worry though this TL is not going to be abandoned! Please just do have patience.

Last edited: