How's the Start?

• Total voters
The start of World War I will happen soon. If the Sultan dies, or even if he is injured, and they get proof that it was Serbian who did it, specially with help from Serbia, The Ottoman Empire will declare war on Serbia, Russia then mobilizes and protects Serbia, with Germany and Austria-Hungary also mobilizing for fear that Russia might invade them with a mobilized army. France fearing the German mobilization will also mobilize; leading the world to OTL WWI, just earlier. Furthermore, because of the Non-Aggression Pact from Britain, Ottoman Empire, might just deal with Russia, Serbia, Bulgaria and Italy; without worrying about Britain attacking from the Mesopotamia.

The Sultan is rumored to be coming to Tirana to meet with the Albanian officials in a month and to take the oath of the First Albanian Premier, signaling the start of an autonomous Albania in the empire with Prishtina’s list being implemented. There we will strike.
It was nice knowing you Mehmet.

the Military Office of the Cinema or the Merkez Ordu Sinema Dairesi

"Merkez Ordu Sinema Dairesi" would be "Central Army/Military (but more army than military, "askeri" is probably more fitting for military) Cinema Chamber/Office (honestly, office works)"

The Sky Wolf I Gokyuzu Kurt Ben

Gökyüzü for Sky is correct but simply "Gök" would probably be more fitting here. "Gökkurt Bir" would be my translation.
Also yeah the translation thing you used took "I" as the pronoun and not as the roman numeral. "Ben" is "I", "bir" is 1.

Last edited:
A non-aggression pact with a Muslim, mostly Asian, and pro-Jewish country ...

At that time, that pact is only ink on paper, only Europeans, whites and Christians have "value".

The same countries that divided Africa are the countries that complained about the freedom of Greece (white, Christian and European).

Jews are also not highly valued until WWII, before they were just another minority and had as much value as a Sephardic Christian or a Muslim, or worse. If I am not mistaken, only Austria-Hungary, the Ottomans and the United States were "nice" to Jews, the rest were tolerant (Germany, United Kingdom) or intolerant (like Russia). France (I'm not sure) had a famous case where it blamed an innocent Jew for another crime as a scapegoat.

A non-aggression pact with a Muslim, mostly Asian, and pro-Jewish country ...

At that time, that pact is only ink on paper, only Europeans, whites and Christians have "value".

The same countries that divided Africa are the countries that complained about the freedom of Greece (white, Christian and European).

Jews are also not highly valued until WWII, before they were just another minority and had as much value as a Sephardic Christian or a Muslim, or worse. If I am not mistaken, only Austria-Hungary, the Ottomans and the United States were "nice" to Jews, the rest were tolerant (Germany, United Kingdom) or intolerant (like Russia). France (I'm not sure) had a famous case where it blamed an innocent Jew for another crime as a scapegoat.

I don't know about this timeline, but IOTL Britain was nice to Jews.

It’s not a guarantee that the Sultan can be assassinated so easily. The Archduke only died due to a series of unfortunate events (incompetent driver + actual empathy towards the policemen).

Chapter 11: New Developments.
He presented the Ottoman War Ministry, Cabinet and the Ministry of Finance the plan for creating the ‘Rhodope Line’ that would hold Bulgaria in place, and preserve the link between the Ottoman Empire’s Asian holdings and the rest of the Balkan parts of the empire. The plan called for the funneling of around 200 million pounds into the massive fortifications, nearly 80% of the entire funds given to the War Ministry, and such a massive investment was by this point unprecedented.
Now reduce this number by oh two orders of magnitute and it is likely closer to economic realities of the era. 200 million is about equal to the Ottoman GDP in 1914 and 6 to 8 times total Ottoman revenues prior to the Balkan wars. (can't be bothered to pull out my copy of the Ottoman budget from the 1911 Britanica sorry :p ). Where's that kind of money coming for and where are the loans coming from? Besides which what do the Ottomans need to build that costs 200 million? The OTL Metaxas line protecting the Greek-Bulgarian border in the 1930s cost all of 2 million pounds by comparison. Even counting the additional works planned in 1940 total cost would not had exceeded 3-3.5 million and the works built already were sufficient on their own.

The start of World War I will happen soon. If the Sultan dies, or even if he is injured, and they get proof that it was Serbian who did it, specially with help from Serbia, The Ottoman Empire will declare war on Serbia, Russia then mobilizes and protects Serbia, with Germany and Austria-Hungary also mobilizing for fear that Russia might invade them with a mobilized army. France fearing the German mobilization will also mobilize; leading the world to OTL WWI, just earlier. Furthermore, because of the Non-Aggression Pact from Britain, Ottoman Empire, might just deal with Russia, Serbia, Bulgaria and Italy; without worrying about Britain attacking from the Mesopotamia.
It will be interesting no doubt.

the black hand and their assasinations....
They always seem to assassinate the people who could actually improve the situation.
Fuck's sake. Not those bastards again. Even now they can never stop starting World Wars, can they? And I liked the Sultan as well...
Well yeah. Funny thing about extremists, if there's a realistic chance for peace, they lose support and worse, their government backers will hand them over as peace offerings.
Indeed extremists have rarely been logical if ever.

"Merkez Ordu Sinema Dairesi" would be "Central Army/Military (but more army than military, "askeri" is probably more fitting for military) Cinema Chamber/Office (honestly, office works)"

Gökyüzü for Sky is correct but simply "Gök" would probably be more fitting here. "Gökkurt Bir" would be my translation.
Also yeah the translation thing you used took "I" as the pronoun and not as the roman numeral. "Ben" is "I", "bir" is 1.
Right will change!

non-aggression pact with a Muslim, mostly Asian, and pro-Jewish country ...

Actually the ottomans before the Balkan wars were considered 'just about european'.

Britain had a hands off policy in regards to Jews. If they did good, that's fine if they did not that's fine too. A-H and the Ottomans were pro-jewish whilst Germany was neutral. France Italy and Russia were hotbeds for anti-Semitism

Now reduce this number by oh two orders of magnitute and it is likely closer to economic realities of the era. 200 million is about equal to the Ottoman GDP in 1914 and 6 to 8 times total Ottoman revenues prior to the Balkan wars. (can't be bothered to pull out my copy of the Ottoman budget from the 1911 Britanica sorry :p ). Where's that kind of money coming for and where are the loans coming from? Besides which what do the Ottomans need to build that costs 200 million? The OTL Metaxas line protecting the Greek-Bulgarian border in the 1930s cost all of 2 million pounds by comparison. Even counting the additional works planned in 1940 total cost would not had exceeded 3-3.5 million and the works built already were sufficient on their own.
Ah right. The lack of cross currency translation in books is sometimes extremely tiring ...