How's the Start?

• Total voters
Hello,

It's likely the Republican and Democratic parties could change considerably from what happened in OTL. This will depend greatly on what their constituents will demand of them as the author writes up this story further. It may not even stop at tripartisanship.
yes, the parties will diverge radically from iotl thats for sure

Great update!! Could American be heading for a second civil war or a “Time of Troubles” where everything that can go wrong does go wrong?
not much civil war and more so 'NI Troubles' like. Like with most cliches in this Timeline, I wanted something new, so i am trying to reverse the idea that 'except for the civil rights movement, prohibition and great depression the early 20th century america is very stable' cliche. America - i found out after reading several books on the topic - was very unstable.

How does Phillipines have do much arms to revolt for a third time? Have they set up their own underground arms industry.

How will the US period of 'troubles' affect the central American states? They sure are going different as Wilsonian interventionism affected them much.

Would you be restarting the Mexico TL too? It was a very interesting start to say the least.

How does Phillipines have do much arms to revolt for a third time? Have they set up their own underground arms industry.
Their weapons are outdated by American standards, but they have a great deal of them. Japan and China dumped a great deal of weapons on them during the 2nd War, and the Spanish had huge stores in the Philippines that were not cleared out until WW2 otl. So they have a good supply, if outdated.
How will the US period of 'troubles' affect the central American states? They sure are going different as Wilsonian interventionism affected them much.
Very different. The Central Americans have united under a confederation, as well as mentioned in a previous chapter, and American influence is going to be curtailed a great deal throughout the western hemisphere.
Would you be restarting the Mexico TL too? It was a very interesting start to say the least.
I will. I'm just really busy with my new masters studies.

Their weapons are outdated by American standards, but they have a great deal of them. Japan and China dumped a great deal of weapons on them during the 2nd War, and the Spanish had huge stores in the Philippines that were not cleared out until WW2 otl. So they have a good supply, if outdated.
Plus, I'm sure they can buy some from overseas, if they have the nescessary cash or resources.

Now that America's influence in the continent curtailed as it's going to be busy with itself, is there any country that will fill the vacuum?
I wonder if it's going to be a competition between the Europeans and Brazil, more so after the previous war. Judging from the rebellion in much of the Philippines and how apparently there are some kind of bonds developed between the East Asian immigrant community, are the East Asian powers going to be involved in the American Troubles?

Now that America's influence in the continent curtailed as it's going to be busy with itself, is there any country that will fill the vacuum?
I wonder if it's going to be a competition between the Europeans and Brazil, more so after the previous war. Judging from the rebellion in much of the Philippines and how apparently there are some kind of bonds developed between the East Asian immigrant community, are the East Asian powers going to be involved in the American Troubles?
The Philippines 3rd war will be the focus in the future. America's influence waning does leave a lot of new avenues to come forward in Latin America for sure

thoughts?
I'll be honest, I'm rather ambivalent on the Progressive Party, especially regarding its stance on Americanization — Theodore Roosevelt was pretty notoriously disdainful of "hyphenated Americans", and a great many politicians and figures associated with America's progressive movement and the Progressive Era were largely in favor of eugenics.

Last edited: