How's the Start?

• Total voters

ahmedali

Banned
Don't apologize, I just translated it so no one complains later. It was an honest mistake, unlike people who write in another language to insult.
I was not insulting anyone, I was talking about Will the Danube survive and will we see Arab politicians occupying the position of Grand Vizier?

I was not insulting anyone, I was talking about Will the Danube survive and will we see Arab politicians occupying the position of Grand Vizier?
Arabs are admittedly are comparatively behind on educational development than the other parts of the empire so it will take some time for them to fully engage in the empire. However they already are a part of the empires apparatus. The foreign minister is most noticeably an Arab. So yes an Arab Grand Vizier is highly likely and probably extremely soon.

ahmedali

Banned
Arabs are admittedly are comparatively behind on educational development than the other parts of the empire so it will take some time for them to fully engage in the empire. However they already are a part of the empires apparatus. The foreign minister is most noticeably an Arab. So yes an Arab Grand Vizier is highly likely and probably extremely soon.
I'm so excited

Your schedule is great

I don't mean you. I said it was an honest mistake.

I'm just saying that there are other people (not all) who write in other languages to hide insults.

You didn't do anything wrong, I'll clarify it in case it wasn't understood.

ahmedali

Banned
I don't mean you. I said it was an honest mistake.

I'm just saying that there are other people (not all) who write in other languages to hide insults.

You didn't do anything wrong, I'll clarify it in case it wasn't understood.
oh i got it

I didn't know that

Look into the future [1]
a small look into the future......

1.PNG

Filipino actions in Japanese Formosa unforgivable

I vaguely remember the Ottoman Empire’s resurgence being an inspiration for both China and Japan to go in different directions in this timeline with a new Chinese dynasty. Knock-on effects into WW2 make sense but Filipino actions in Taiwan are a surprise. A fun one though.

Haiti still doing kinda bad is sad but I mean, makes sense I suppose.

It’s cool that the Central American Republic lasted until the dawn of the internet. Go Mexico for keeping it going for so long and go the Ottomans for backing Mexico on the denouncing!

Australia’s new health bill means that they presumably were late to the subsidised/medicare party. Nothing suggests they’re still a Dominion or not given the lack of Gallipoli but I guess the seeds of the Australian healthcare system supporting WW1 veterans didn’t quite develop which had knock on effects earlier on. Maybe WW2 wasn’t so disastrous enough to prompt the British to create the NHS so soon (or something wilder happened) which didn’t inspire Australian Labor to push for the same veteran benefits to be applied population-wide.

It’s fun to make guesses.

Anyway I haven’t posted on this thread before but this it was this timeline that made me create an AH account. A while back you went and explained the legalistic underpinnings for a female Calipha and it was seriously cool. Genuinely have enjoyed this timeline!

What did the Filipino's do in Formosa to make the Japanese government reply like that? Are the Filipino's like a rival to the Japanese in this TL?

Jesus, the Japanese retain a colonial empire that late? That's bloody dystopian.
They probably only have Taiwan left , as it is easiest to control and should be fully integrated by 2021. Retaining Korea is much more difficult as China would do anything to kick them out of the front door. I'm curious what " Filipino action" mean, could it be intervention in aboriginal's revolt?