Optimal Borders Survey: Israel (aka Build-a-peace-plan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
israel survey.png

Think you can achieve peace in the Middle East? Step right up and try. Build the ideal Israel!

The map has fillable provinces for the pre-45 land ownership, 1945 Partition Plan, 1949 borders, post-1967 borders, South Lebanon conflict, Israeli settlements, modern plans for the annexation of the Jordan Valley, and even some more ASB ideas like revisionist Zionist 'East Bank of the Jordan,' Jabal al-Druze in Syria and Jordan, etc. Interested to see what you guys come up with.

And please don't do wacky funnies like filling the whole map red, kinda ruins the point of the survey. Go in with the assumption that some kind of Israel exists.

israel survey.png

Not really revolutionary to be honest. The purple area to me represents the ideal ATL extent of Israel in the case of it being solely a quasi-colonial state (though it of course does contain Acre/Akko, which IOTL was a hotbed for Arab/Palestinian activism, but you win some, you lose some). Blue would be a reasonable expansion from that.

Green is basically the closest I can get with this map for a modern post-peace plan Israel. Yellow represents the biggest extent an Israeli state could realistically take, though only with a strong commitment to secularism and the inclusion of the various Arab groups, be they Bedouins, Druze, Palestinians, or "Greater Syrians" (because there isn't a better catch-all to include southern Lebanon and the Golan Heights and their Arab populations). Also while that map shows the Suez Canal as Israeli in its yellow incarnation, I wanna make it clear that Israel shouldn't have sole responsibility over the canal in that scenario.

Gian

Banned
Here's my peace plan(-ish):
Untitledb.png

Purple (Core) - the original territory assigned to a Jewish state in the 1947 Peace Plan, plus the city of Jerusalem
Blue (Top Priority) - the rest of the territories of the State of Israel (including the Golan Heights), plus/minus any territories that would've switched places under the Trump peace plan
Green (Periphery) - the rest of the Mandate of Palestine, plus the Sinai (primarily to increase security as a buffer zone)
Yellow (Maximum Periphery) - all of Jordan (which is not only for improving security, but also for historical reasons as an objective in many Revisionist Zionist circles) plus Southern Lebanon (to improve security, particularly since it eliminates a hotbed for Hezbollah activity)
Red (Not a Priority) - the rest of the territories mentioned ((the rest of) Lebanon and Jabal Druze in particular, should not be annexed but instead will be friendly allies to Israel)

Last edited:
1589658187551.png

Purple is the ideal territory I think 1947 Israel should have had
Blue is the largest Israel I think is reasonable, since it gives Israel more of its claimed territory while preserving both Israel and Palestine as contiguous countries
Green is approximately my proposal for a realistic modern two-state solution
Yellow is an upper bound on the borders of a secular, multinational Israel. There's no justification for the Suez Canal belonging to any country other than Egypt

Last edited:
israel survey.png

Purple is modern Israel (incl. East Jerusalem because it is integrated, but not the Golan Heights), though such an Israel would benefit from having its capital in Tel Aviv.
In blue, strips of territory neighboring Jerusalem in Zone C that should be added to the Israeli state for defensive purposes.
In green, Israeli parts of the Golan Heights (the Jordan River is defensive enough, but it is part of modern Israel), and the rest of the West Bank. For the latter, preferably as an autonomy.
In yellow, Gaza Strip, and the rest of the Golan Heights. Should only be sought after if a major threat to Israel is posed in the modern day.
Don't bother with red areas. For South Lebanon, unless Hezbollah somehow managed to get nuclear weapons, don't bother with it either.

EDIT: Wrongly colored parts of Israel Proper / West Bank corrected

Last edited:
israel_survey_historical.png

The Historical based solution. By compiling the borders of historical kingdoms of Israel, I got this.
Purple=absolute smallest historical Israel was (Hasmonaean kingdom just after the revolt of the Maccabees)
Blue=territories most commonly occupied by historical kingdoms
Green=lands commonly attached to historical Jewish states in the region, but not always
Yellow=the maximum amount of territory that can be historically justified as being part of Israel

View attachment 549651
The Historical based solution. By compiling the borders of historical kingdoms of Israel, I got this.
Purple=absolute smallest historical Israel was (Hasmonaean kingdom just after the revolt of the Maccabees)
Blue=territories most commonly occupied by historical kingdoms
Green=lands commonly attached to historical Jewish states in the region, but not always
Yellow=the maximum amount of territory that can be historically justified as being part of Israel
That's certainly something different. While most of us are thinking of Israel based out of Tel Aviv or modern geopolitics, yours is based out of Jerusalem and historical kingdoms.
(Not counting the Egoist Anti-states of Levant and the Roman Empire Solution)

Status
Not open for further replies.