Opinions on this "shattered US" timeline?

Only the first entry seemed plausible. From the second entry on, the author is assuming that each state is either blue or red, ("Public outrage erupts in the Blue States, and many begin calling for the country to impeach the President." despite the fact that this outrage is bound to be almost national, although focused in certain areas of most states) and there's no in between, despite the fact that one major issue with the current political divide is that there are so many states where things seem to be very much 50-50.

Not that that is the only problem with that timeline, however, I think far from it.

This TL is rather ASB. What is somewhat more possible possible is a situation where we have a US that's facing economic collapse, rightist militias/guerillas in rural areas, urban militias of various stripes in more tense cities, a massive mexican refugee influx after an election gets violently disputed and lastly to make things worse a very gridlocked political system.

This won't get you a broken up US, but it'll get you one with more of a "mad max" look, entire villages de facto handed over to guerillas and other signs of failed state status. For the general 'mood'/feel picture current 2010 America combined with early 90s russia, 1990s Colombia and modern day Mexico.

Teshuvah

Banned
Only the first entry seemed plausible. From the second entry on, the author is assuming that each state is either blue or red, ("Public outrage erupts in the Blue States, and many begin calling for the country to impeach the President." despite the fact that this outrage is bound to be almost national, although focused in certain areas of most states) and there's no in between, despite the fact that one major issue with the current political divide is that there are so many states where things seem to be very much 50-50.

Not that that is the only problem with that timeline, however, I think far from it.
I agree; new AH writers like to think that the US will split up over some political crisis, but they forget that A. National unity has always trumped political disagreements and B. We can elect someone new every 2/4/6 years, so it's not like we're stuck in a perpetual dictatorship.