Onto the Next Phase - A Star Trek Production Timeline

Star Trek II sounds like it is shaping up to be a rough production - hopefully things get smoother as time goes on.

BSG still happens then - cool.
As does Wonder Woman, which is also cool.

Robert Goodwin controls Trek in 1978? Hum.. looking forward to seeing how that happens.

I like this format. Getting into the depth of things is sometimes more interesting than a one line, '1974: Mark Hammil and Jacqueline Pearce cast' imho
Goodwin doesn’t reference being in control, just having more say. And right now, he’s basically a Producer in Name Only. So any amount of say would be an increase.

Now we all want to know how a certain George Lucas work casts his hero....

We'll warp to a galaxy far far away in the months to come, that's for sure!

Will Decker's feeble skills be a match for the power of the Dark Side in the future?
Now we all want to know how a certain George Lucas work casts his hero....

We'll warp to a galaxy far far away in the months to come, that's for sure!

Yeah, I don’t think it’s spoiling too much to reveal Hamill won’t be cast as Luke Skywalker. What that means for Star Wars, well, I guess you’ll have to wait and see. :)

Yeah, I don’t think it’s spoiling too much to reveal Hamill won’t be cast as Luke Skywalker. What that means for Star Wars, well, I guess you’ll have to wait and see. :)
Unless Star Wars does not happen and Lucas does his Flash Gordon epic trilogy instead?

Be interesting to a see the pop culture of a timeline without Star Wars for once.

Unless Star Wars does not happen and Lucas does his Flash Gordon epic trilogy instead?

Be interesting to a see the pop culture of a timeline without Star Wars for once.

Which could have the knock on effect that Indiana Jones is never made, and Spielberg makes his Bond movie.

Ultimately in July they threw in the towel, with Jacqueline Pearce cast as Lieutenant Ilia. In a compromise with Robert Justman, she was told to tune down the character's sensuality, and play her a bit more colder. And in compromise with Robert Goodwin, Joanna Cameron was cast in what was at the time planned to be a minor guest role. [9]
I agree but I think that they should add a Latino/Latina somewhere. Even keeping in mind how it needed to be familiar to an American audience, a Latinx character might increase viewership from that community, like Uhura did in OTL (and I presume ITTL). All of the other major US ethnic groups have some representation. So might help ratings.

I agree but I think that they should add a Latino/Latina somewhere. Even keeping in mind how it needed to be familiar to an American audience, a Latinx character might increase viewership from that community, like Uhura did in OTL (and I presume ITTL). All of the other major US ethnic groups have some representation. So might help ratings.
I agree with adding a Latino actor to the show.

I would suggest having a Native American recurring character, even bringing over Walking Bear from this timelines Animated Series, or anticipating William Bearclaw from the eighties comics.

McCoy has Chapel - perhaps Scotty gains his own Assistant? Assistant Chief Engineer Bearclaw?

I would suggest having a Native American recurring character, even bringing over Walking Bear from this timelines Animated Series, or anticipating William Bearclaw from the eighties comics.
Yeah that too. But I think a Latino character would be higher on the priority list because they have a limited budget and Native Americans are (sadly) a small ethnic group.

I do in fact have plans to have prominent native American and Latino characters in the franchise. I plan to be as inclusive and diverse as I can be given the timeframe. However for Phase II right now, they are up to 10 main cast regulars at this point. Which would give them one of the largest casts of a network drama at that time, most shows had 1-4 main characters. And they are, at least right now, not very well funded. So I think for the time being any main cast additions are unlikely. Guest characters and recurring ones, that's more within their budget for now, so they can be cast there.

On a related note, are there any actors people would like to see or think are likely to play guest/recurring roles on Phase II?
Christopher George
Peter Lupus
Greg Morris
John Saxon
Sam Elliott
Lee Meriwether
Lesley Ann Warren
Lynda Day George
Robert Conrad
David McCallum
Robert Culp.

All good actors and actresses who were doing TV in the early 70's.

Could Khan and the other augments be revisited?

Maybe a recurring theme of the otl energy crisis, but with antimatter or dilithium?

The paternity suits against Captain James T. Kirk?? 😁

Last edited:
Is this TL dead? That would be sad.
No, it's not dead. I'm sorry for the delay in updating. It's just a triple punch of a lot of things I like coming out Everyone go read Rhythm of War, a lot going on in my personal life, and some writer's block. I should get an update or two over Thanksgiving break. I have half written ones about The Animated Adventures season 3, and a breakdown of The Endless Voyage.

Last edited: