Onto the Next Phase - A Star Trek Production Timeline

Silverberg got a 'story by' credit and was paid for the commissioning of his treatment. His thoughts will be covered in TEV's reactions.
Well legally of course he gets both of those automatically except if they changed everything. What’s more interesting is which two people get the teleplay credit. Silverberg does have a case, given that a 51 page treatment for an 85 page script can be argued as a de facto script given the excessive size of the treatment—however they’ve changed enough of it that he won’t force arbitration unless Roddenberry really pisses him off lol

Well legally of course he gets both of those automatically except if they changed everything. What’s more interesting is which two people get the teleplay credit. Silverberg does have a case, given that a 51 page treatment for an 85 page script can be argued as a de facto script given the excessive size of the treatment—however they’ve changed enough of it that he won’t force arbitration unless Roddenberry really pisses him off lol
Given he's early in a career (and unlike Harlen Ellison isn't a professional jerk) I'd say he'd accept whatever is offered as long as he gets the fame enhancement that comes from having done Star Trek. Also Fontana won't want a repeat of what happened with City on the Edge of forever where she should have got at least a co-writer credit.

Chapter 12: The Endless Voyage Summary, Part I
Chapter XII
The Endless Voyage Plot Summary, Part I

Enterprise-bridge-set-600x400.jpg

Test filming on the OTL Phase II bridge set

Author's Note

I am satisfied with the first half of the TEV plot summary, but am actively changing the second. As it's been a while, I figured I'd simply post the first half now and the second half when it's ready. Again, I apologize it's taken this long. An astute reader may know that the first 37 or so minutes or so covered here don't really resemble anything in Silverberg's draft. That's intentional. His draft had the crew start where part one ends. The writers and execs wanted a more gradual introduction that gives more exposition that introduces the characters more. This has the side effect of putting 51 pages of treatment into 53 or so minutes of film.

Cold Open

“Captain’s Log, John Kyle, Stardate 7114.6” [1]
“The Ticonderoga has suffered catastrophic systems failure of unknown cause. We lack all power but basic life support. I am currently en route to the bridge where repairs are being coordinated. This ship is the newest in the fleet, she’s less than 6 months out of port, I-I-I don’t know how this happened”

We open to see the USS Ticonderoga, NCC-1724, a refit Starship Class [2], dead in space. She is floating adrift. Cutting inside, we find a darkened bridge set, where crewmembers are panicking and rushing about. Flashlights are being used to see. Contradictory orders are being barked, panels are being ripped open and examined, general pandemonium. A young and worried lieutenant sits in the captain’s chair.

Stepping out of the Turbolift is Captain John Kyle [3]. He asks for an explanation for why the ship has lost power. The lieutenant can’t give him one. They were proceeding at warp to Aurora Five, then without warning almost everything went dead. The Sparks erupt from above. The soundtrack begins to ramp up. Eerie chanting, starting in a whisper and growing more loud and discordant with every second. The red emergency lights finally flicker on.

The science officer shouts “I think I’ve got something!”

Kyle steps to look into the viewer. We don’t see what he sees, but we see his reaction.

“All hands to battle stations!”

The chanting grows more intense. We cut across the ship as crew members scramble and scurry to follow the order. Hatches have to be sealed manually. In Engineering, we see a Vulcan chief engineer futilely try to keep his human subordinates calm. Medbay is functionless without power. Crewmen are locked behind unpowered doors.

Back to space. The chanting reaches its crescendo as the camera slowly pans upwards, revealing a flotilla of Romulan vessels. The Aquila, the new Romulan Bird-of-War, takes the center stage. A match for the Starship class on an even playing field, which this is not. She is flanked by four Birds of Prey. The ships begin to surround the Ticonderoga, who doesn't even have maneuvering thrusters.

Back to the bridge. Readiness announcements are being shouted. "Shields are back up to 3% and rising." "Communications are restored!" "Torpedo tubes A and C are operational!" "Phaser banks will be up in 90 seconds." "Engineering estimates 30 minutes to restore warp power!"

"We're being hailed!"

The bridge falls silent. The lieutenant looks up at him and asks for orders. Kyle knows fighting is suicide. He orders to accept the hail. The main viewer flickers with static. The bridge of a Romulan warship begins to cut through. Looming over the room is the twin-headed eagle of the empire. In the center chair is a woman in a toga with a devious expression. [4] The Ticonderoga’s bridge is silent with fear.

“We surrender!” He shouts.

“Your surrender is accepted.” She responds.

A wave of relief washes over Kyle’s face. We cut back to space. Each ship in the Romulan fleet fires a volley of torpedoes. We fade away to the title sequence as the sounds of the exploding starship can be heard. [5] The newest and most advanced Starfleet vessel. On her first mission out into space. And she was obliterated by a Romulan vessel without returning even a scratch. The stakes are set.

The opening credits play; a series of glory shots of the new Enterprise flying through different astronomical phenomena set to adventurous music and the iconic monologue.

[1] Like Star Trek I, the stardate numbers are basically random

[2] As the Ticonderoga is the first Starship Class to be refitted, refit ships are known as ‘Ticonderoga types’. Out of universe, it was a named because a writer liked the tumbling syllables of the word

[3] The same character as the transporter chief in Star Trek I. He wears a red shirt solely for continuity with his previous appearance, accidentally breaking the command gold rule. In the rushed production, no one caught it. His first name comes from his actor’s name.

[4] Legate T’Sai. Her name comes from a Vulcan in Roddenberry’s TMP novelization.

[5] Showing the Ticonderoga explosion was planned, but this was cut for budgetary reasons.

Part One

“Captain’s Log, James T. Kirk, Stardate 7313.9”
“After an eventual tour of six years on the Klingon Frontier, the Hood is finally returning home to Earth Spaceport, Starfleet’s primary port. As eager as I may be for some shore leave, Admiral Coon of Starfleet’s Rapid Situation Response has ordered me an immediate meeting.” [6]

We come back to a shot of a Star Trek I style Starship Class at warp. The camera pans over the top to show it is the USS Hood, NCC-1703. We cut inside, where Kirk, Chekov, and a group of extras sit on the classic bridge set. [7] Kirk and Chekov have some banter, establishing Kirk’s romantic heroism and Chekov’s new curt drill sergeant persona. We learn that six years have passed since the Enterprise’s five year mission, and that neither of them have been home since then.

The Hood docks at the impressive Earth Spaceport. A variety of starships are about, and we get a brief tease of the new Enterprise. These shots introduce us to the Amazon class, the new shuttlecraft, a few cheaply put together models [8], and the Hood model ‘playing’ several other Starship class ships.

Kirk is told to report to Admiral coon. He leaves Chekov in command as he steps on the turbolift, and we cut to the Admiral’s room. No money was available to show other interiors of the Spaceport.

Inside the meeting room is one of the first galaxy maps of the series. It’s a rectangular piece of frosted glass with a grid pattern. ‘Federation’ labeled on the left, ‘Romulan Empire’ labeled on the right, and ‘Klingon Empire’ labeled along the top. [9]

Inside the room is the admiral and Commander Scott. A ‘As you know…’ exposition scene follows, where we are caught up on what’s happened since the end of the Five-Year-Mission.
- The Enterprise has been in spaceport drydock this whole time, and hasn’t moved in years.
- Commander Scott and the Starfleet Construction Battalion [10] have been at work developing a ‘complete refit’ for the aging Starship class, and the two ships they’ve used for it were the Enterprise and Ticonderoga. Part of this refit includes a new engine system significantly faster than the current one.
- Kirk has been patrolling the Klingon Frontier on the USS Hood with Chekov.
- Outside of Chekov, the rest of the crew have gone their separate ways.

And then Coon lays out the current situation.
- The Ticonderoga was set on an exhaustive 18 month long test of the refit. Once the kinks were worked out, the rest of the class would receive the refit.
- But she has gone missing, having not responded to any hails in nearly two weeks. A garbled signal is thought to indicate her last known position in the far off Aurora sector. It was cleaned up by a 'Skilled communications officer'
- The Aurora sector is 'Months away' at standard warp, but the new Enterprise can be there in days
- Foul play is not expected, but Aurora is near the Romulan border.
- The only system of note in the system is Aurora Five, an archeological site.
- Coon wants kirk to take the Enterprise out to the site and find the Ticonderoga as soon as possible

Coon: “You’re the best captain I can get on such short notice. The only ship fast enough to reach the Ticonderoga is the Enterprise. The job is yours if you want it, but I need to know now. The Enterprise leaves tomorrow, no matter what.”

Kirk: “I’ll do it, but I want my own crew.”

Scotty: “Admiral, with all due respect, the Enterprise cannae leave on short notice like this! She hasn’t moved in a half decade, her engines untested, her torpedo tubes empty, She-”

Coon (ignoring Scotty): “You have a deal captain."

Scotty: "-She doesn't even have a crew!"

Kirk: “Mr. Scott, you handle returning the ship to form. Let me handle assembling a crew.”

We cut to Vulcan. A matte painting informs us we are in a mountain monastery high above a local city. According to the novelization, this is supposed to be Shi'Kahr, the city of Spock's birth from Yesteryear. Inside, we find Spock attempting to purge all emotion and achieve Kolinahr with a group of other monks. The monastery takes influence from European, Tibetan, and Fantasy, with a large IDIC symbol on the ground, ornate carvings along the walls, and burnt orange robes. Spock's hair is longer and more messy.

We learn that Spock has spent the past six years cut off from his friends, family, and wider world to avoid distractions while engaging in the ritual. This begins the theme of the film, human connection. He is meditating when he is approached by a senior monk.

Monk "Brother Spock, there is a communication for you. From Earth."

Spock: "The Sender?"

Monk: "Starfleet headquarters. A man by the name of Kirk wants you for a mission of some kind."

Spock (sighing): "Inform him that I will not be available. That life is in my past."

The monk chastises him, claiming that Spock's humanness is preventing him from cutting off his connections, and that those connections are blocking his progression along the 'True Path'. He states that Spock's efforts here are futile, to which Spock doubles down and says he'll spend the rest of his life here if he has to.

Cut to commercial.

[6] Originally, Kirk was introduced battling a D7 in a heroic action sequence, but once again it was cut for budgetary reasons. This is why it's Chekov with him, the tactical officer was most important to the scene.

[7] Actually a recreation of only about ⅓ of the Star Trek I set.

[8] Like, modified Christmas toys and cardboard discs with tubes taped to them level of cheap. Similar to the thrown together models from the aftermath of Wolf 359 in The Best of Both Worlds.

[9] This contradicts the map from Balance of Terror that established that Earth and Romulan space were relatively close to each other with only a thin neutral zone between. The artist who made the map was a contract worker, not a member of the art team.

[10] Star Trek I tended to take more inspiration strictly from the USN over anything else, so what we would label the Corps of Engineers is called the Construction Battalion ITTL

Part Two

Cutting back from break, we see Kirk, Scotty, and Chekov on a shuttle approaching The Enterprise. We get a restrained number of glory shots, they fly into the shuttlebay, and we cut to the bridge. [11] The bridge is under active construction, with exposed deck plates and wiring and engineers moving to and fro. Despite being unpowered and not particularly glamorous at the moment, the trio treat the room with reverence.

This is also where Scotty gives a series of facts about the new ship, for both Kirk and the audience.
- Confirms she is called a Starship Class. The Ticonderoga was her sister ship as they were the first two to receive the refit.
- The old Dilithium drive has been abandoned in favor of an entirely Matter-Antimatter reactor drive. This makes the ship nearly ‘twice as fast as anything else in the fleet’, but is untested. The only other ship with such a drive was the Ticonderoga. [12]
- Advanced computational system capable of speeds rivaling a Starbase
- New 'Anti-photon’ Torpedo rooms
- Room for 400 crewmen and 100 officers
- Ability to run continuously for ten years without a port call or resupply, doubling the range of Starfleet's exploration range.

Kirk interrupts him to say a ship is nothing without a good crew. Chekov asks how and where they are going to find 500 crew members in less than a day. Kirk gives him a smirk. [13]

We open the ‘Getting the Band Back Together’ montage back on an estate in the Southern US. Or at least, a Hollywood set cosplaying as one. One Leonard McCoy is doing his best to enjoy retirement. He lives with his daughter Joanna [14], whom he is slowly mending a strained relationship with. The doctor works as a part time medical lecturer, while Joanna is a nurse studying for an MD. But he’s not really happy. Though he won’t admit it, McCoy feels unfulfilled with his everyday life. He’s not helping nearly as many people as he could be. As much as he may grumble, he misses the adventure.

James Kirk beams in, immediately spelling trouble. The two share banter, Kirk flirts with Joanna, Leonard implies if Kirk touches her things won’t end well for him, and the two eventually move to his office to discuss business over glasses of iced tea. Kirk asks him to come back, Bones says he’s retired, Kirk explains the situation, Bones says no again, and the argument goes on.

Kirk: “Dammit Jim, get Spock to do it. I’m not an astronaut anymore.”

McCoy: “You know Spock doesn’t want anything to do with us anymore, and if I can’t have him I need you.”

McCoy: “I can’t leave! I… I missed most of my little girl’s childhood, I refuse to miss-”

Joanna (Entering the scene): “-First of all, I am not ‘your little girl’. Second of all, I would much rather you go into space to be happy for yourself rather than putter around here forever, making yourself miserable in some attempt to please me.”

McCoy sighs and asks if Chapel is coming onboard as well. Kirk replies she’s already prepping the sickbay. He sighs and signs on.

We cut to the inside of a turbolift. Scotty drums his fingers along the PADD he holds while mumbling his speech. The doors open, revealing what looks like a futuristic version of a switchboard communications depo. It's rather clear that after the fourth row it becomes a matte painting though. According the novelization this scene takes place on Earth Spaceport.

Walking between the rows is Lieutenant Commander Uhura. Since the end of the five-year-mission, she has been promoted to manage the Earth Communications Relay Center, or EREC. Scotty approaches and gives her a rehearsed, but flat, speech about joining the crew for another mission. Uhura responds with disinterest.

Scotty: "Well uh, Lass, we have a corrupted message from the Aurora sector. It-"

Uhura: "And who do you think descrambled the message in the first place?"

Scotty: "Oh..."

Pause

Scotty (Looking down): "Well, I for one would miss you if you didn't come."

Uhura (Sighing): "Okay, okay, you've convinced me. I need the hazard pay anyways."

Not only does this scene imply a deeper connection between Scotty and Uhura, it also features Scotty having some form of social awkwardness, something not present in STI or even the rest of the script. [15]

And finally, we cut to a classroom. A very 1970s university classroom, because that's where they filmed. Standing in front of a particularly bored looking group of students stands Professor Sulu. His chalkboard contains a series of complex mathematical diagrams pertaining to spaceflight. He's wearing a suit, while the students are in simple street clothes. Chekov quietly enters and sits in the back row as the lecture is ending.

Sulu: "Alright, and don't forget that term papers are due next Friday. Those who pass can move onto the simulators, then we can go to the real thing. And remember kids, I don't grade as easy as professor Arex. Class Dismissed." [16]

As the students begin to shuffle out, Chekov approaches the front of the room. Sulu alights and briefly hugs his friend. For the first time in the film, Pavel smiles. It's brief, but it's there.

Sulu: "Pavel? How long has it been! It's so good to see you."

Chekov: "Too long. I... I can't believe they have you teaching math to freshman cadets."

Sulu (shrugging): "The classroom may be boring, but it's critical to learn how to fly before one enters the cockpit. In any case, what brings you back to Earth?"

Chekov: "Kirk is putting the old crew back together. High stakes mission to rescue an experimental starship being conducted itself by an experimental starship. It's the kind of thing that requires an amazing helmsman at the wheel."

Sulu: "I... guess grading turn papers can wait."

We then get a hurried montage of the Enterprise being rapidly put together to launch in twenty-four hours. Wires are stuffed into sockets and deck plates are sealed over them, torpedoes are hurried to their tubes, Bones frowns at the new medical technology Chapel is wheeling in, Scotty brings the reactor online, beaming like a proud father.

Finally, we get a scene in the turbolift. Kirk stands alone in the room, and Shatner's acting skills are put on display here. We see him shift from excitement to worry, then covering that worry behind a strong interior wall, before he forces himself to smile and be at ease for the crew. He steps out onto the bridge, smiling and taking his seat.

Kirk: "Let's get this show on the road! Final systems check, sound off."

Sulu: "Helm and Navigation ready. Course laid for the Aurora Sector."

Chekov: "Tactical Systems ready."

Bones: "Medical Bay Ready."

Bones: (under his breath): "So long as no one gets hurt."

Scotty (from Engineering): "Engineering Ready. She’s purring like a kitten down here."

Uhura: "Communications ready."

Kirk glances at the science station. A piece of Spock's theme plays as a blueshirt turns around, revealing a generic extra, and the theme fades. The extra announces that science is ready.

Kirk: "Comms, signal to Control our intention to depart."

Uhura: "Control reads us sir, Admiral Coon wishes us luck."

Kirk: "Helm, clear all moorings and proceed forwards on thrusters. Once we've cleared the station, proceed at warp 16." [17]

Sulu (Smiling): "Aye sir!"

We get one final glory shot of The Enterprise passing The Hood before she goes to warp. We get a side by side of the two ships, and it seems clear what the text is saying. 'Look at this new ship, see how superior it is, see how far we've come since then. See how far we'll be able to go this time.'

And finally, 37 minutes into an 90 minute long film, the Enterprise warps away on her mission.

Cut to Break.

[11] The shuttlebay set was cut last minute, so the intermediary scene was not filmed. It is somewhat jarring of an edit, but what else could they do.

[12] This accomplishes two things. One, like OTL's TNG the writers wanted to avoid what they saw as a played out trope, the 'Struck in a descending orbit without dilithium' style episodes. However, instead of allowing the refreshing of diltihium, they just cut it out of the equation entirely. It also makes The Enterprise unique, justifying why she is always the one to respond to distress calls, and allows for episodes.

[13] Messy rewrites make this scene essentially play out twice, once with Scotty and the Admiral and once with Chekov on the bridge.

[14] A creation of D.C. Fontana that never made it into STI but did make it into TAA.

[15] Filmed leftovers of a cut draft where this featured.

[16] One of the only references to TAA in the film.

[17] The Warp 10 cap was introduced in TNG. Without that, the writers literally doubled the Enterprise's typical max speed (warp 8) to show how fast the new drive is. Like usual, this doesn't really make any sense with previously established speeds (Warp 11 was enough to go the center of the Galaxy), but oh well. If there is one thing all Star Trek writers can agree on, Warp factor numbers are meaningless to them.

Last edited:
Oh like this so far!

Shame about Kyle!

New Enterprise sounds good- how close to TMP is it when finally realised?
Is Engineering built or is it a model?
Working transporters would be nice!
Guess the extra at Science got a name in the novel?
More aliens or less?

Looking forward to pt2.

Oh like this so far!

Shame about Kyle!

New Enterprise sounds good- how close to TMP is it when finally realised?
Is Engineering built or is it a model?
Working transporters would be nice!
Guess the extra at Science got a name in the novel?
More aliens or less?

Looking forward to pt2.
Thanks! To go through your questions;

1. Not sure exactly you mean by this one? In terms of design, I’ve posted a few images of the Phase II Enterprise, it has the same design. The only big change I’ve made is the experimental warp drive.

2. Engineering is a set, you can see a picture of the real life phase II set under construction in the last update. It’s actually closer to the TNG one than TOS or TMP. (Or more accurately, the TNG one is based on the Phase II one.) So it’s a vertical, two floor room with an office wrapping around the bottom floor. I do really like the large, long, TOS set (it feels more believable to me as the second most important room on the ship to me than the smaller designs), but it was apparently too expensive to easily bring back.

Edit: She’s only been in the background so far, but Petty Officer Rand is the Transporter Chief on the ship, she’ll get a scene in the next part. Luckily, no accidents yet : )

3. Lieutenant Ersatz (German for replacement, they weren’t particular subtle here). As a named officer who wasn’t in the front credits and is in the way of the return of a primary character, well, let’s just say he’s going to have watch his step.

4. The Ticonderoga had a Vulcan Chief Engineer, and there are a few Vulcan extras on the Enterprise, but that’s about all they can afforded here. I’d include more, but even TMP with its piles of cash only had a few aliens.

Last edited:
Thanks! To go through your questions;

1. Not sure exactly you mean by this one? In terms of design, I’ve posted a few images of the Phase II Enterprise, it has the same design. The only big change I’ve made is the experimental warp drive.

2. Engineering is a set, you can see a picture of the real life phase II set under construction in the last update. It’s actually closer to the TNG one than TOS or TMP. (Or more accurately, the TNG one is based on the Phase II one.) So it’s a vertical, two floor room with an office wrapping around the bottom floor. I do really like the large, long, TOS set (it feels more believable to me as the second most important room on the ship to me than the smaller designs), but it was apparently too expensive to easily bring back.

Edit: She’s only been in the background so far, but Petty Officer Rand is the Transporter Chief on the ship, she’ll get a scene in the next part. Luckily, no accidents yet : )

3. Lieutenant Ersatz (German for replacement, they weren’t particular subtle here). As a named officer who wasn’t in the front credits and is in the way of the return of a primary character, well, let’s just say he’s going to have watch his step.

4. The Ticonderoga had a Vulcan Chief Engineer, and there are a few Vulcan extras on the Enterprise, but that’s about all they can afforded here. I’d include more, but even TMP with its piles of cash only had a few aliens.
Still reading back on page 3, but wanted to show how the Star Fleet Universe did with TOS women's uniforms:

Story wise, you can easily justify why there isn't a variety of aliens on the Enterprise and Starfleet still practices segregation on ships: legitimate environmental and dietary needs of various species of the Federation. Their science advisor should point this out that various members have different gravity they are use to as well as the amount of light and atmospheric pressure.

Another butterfly effect would be the TMP warp core can't be used for Voyager if that series is ever made.

Still reading back on page 3, but wanted to show how the Star Fleet Universe did with TOS women's uniforms:

Story wise, you can easily justify why there isn't a variety of aliens on the Enterprise and Starfleet still practices segregation on ships: legitimate environmental and dietary needs of various species of the Federation. Their science advisor should point this out that various members have different gravity they are use to as well as the amount of light and atmospheric pressure.

Another butterfly effect would be the TMP warp core can't be used for Voyager if that series is ever made.
Those images are good examples of non-miniskirt female uniforms. I have a costume update in the works (plenty of assignment patches to talk about) and that’ll be covered there as well. The Female main characters wear longer, two piece skirts, colored the same as the male paints. Some extras continue to wear Star Trek I outfits, and pants will be introduced fairly soon.

Yeah, there are plenty of ways to avoid showing aliens onboard the ship. Luckily, TAA fills the humanoid and non humanoid alien ‘quota’, so it’s easy to say that there are plenty of aliens, they are just off camera.

No Star Trek property made after 1975 will be made ITTL (TNG, the movies, so on), butterfly effect and all. (Edit to clarify, no Trek property made in our timeline after ‘75 will be made ITTL. Phase II won’t be the end of live action Trek, but what comes after won’t be exactly like what we got OTL.) But Phase II definitely won’t be the end of the franchise. The TOS movies produced a good prop ‘library’ that the TNG-era took from all the time. Without it, Trek producers will have look elsewhere for props.

Last edited:
@Mechadogzilla just thought to ask but with Grace Lee Whitney back on the show as (presumably) a regular are you planning to deal with the rape allegation? Obviously we still have no idea who did it (yes I know what's been alleged but there is no proof it was him) but would there have been any deal or at least apologies for the rug sweep and sacking in '66?

Those images are good examples of non-miniskirt female uniforms. I have a costume update in the works (plenty of assignment patches to talk about) and that’ll be covered there as well. The Female main characters wear longer, two piece skirts, colored the same as the male paints. Some extras continue to wear Star Trek I outfits, and pants will be introduced fairly soon.

Yeah, there are plenty of ways to avoid showing aliens onboard the ship. Luckily, TAA fills the humanoid and non humanoid alien ‘quota’, so it’s easy to say that there are plenty of aliens, they are just off camera.

No Star Trek property made after 1975 will be made ITTL (TNG, the movies, so on), butterfly effect and all. But Phase II definitely won’t be the end of the franchise. The TOS movies produced a good prop ‘library’ that the TNG-era took from all the time. Without it, Trek producers will have look elsewhere for props.
So if I'm reading you right, even though there would be a more successful franchise, once Phase II is done in this timeline, you don't plan for there to have been any future live action shows?

@Mechadogzilla just thought to ask but with Grace Lee Whitney back on the show as (presumably) a regular are you planning to deal with the rape allegation? Obviously we still have no idea who did it (yes I know what's been alleged but there is no proof it was him) but would there have been any deal or at least apologies for the rug sweep and sacking in '66?
Whitney will be an occasional recurring character, similar to O’Brien in TNG. (I’ve merged the idea of her coming back occasionally from Phase II and her being the transporter chief from TMP. My logic being either Justman, Gerrold or Fontana suggest a more interesting part for her than Yeoman. She also fills the niche of being the only NCO shown so far. Not so sound like a broken record, but I’ve got an update planned for it.)

She was always willing to come back OTL, showing nothing but love for the franchise and her character. I’d say there was definitely an apology given and a promise to treat her more fairly this go around.

As for the rape allegation, it is way out of my league to publically speculate on. And truth be told it’s not something I really feel comfortable talking about. I’d say it’s a good rule of thumb to believe women, but there’s no real way to prove anything that took place a decade(s) ago. The very sad truth is, up until very recently men got away with quite a bit in Hollywood without punishment.

So if I'm reading you right, even though there would be a more successful franchise, once Phase II is done in this timeline, you don't plan for there to have been any future live action shows?

No, that is my fault for weird phrasing. I meant to say none of the spin offs produce in our timeline will be made in this one. TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, DSC, along with all of three of the movie eras are butterflied away. Star Trek films and TV shows will continue to be made, just not the ones that were made in our timeline.

Last edited:
Whitney will be an occasional recurring character, similar to O’Brien in TNG. (I’ve merged the idea of her coming back occasionally from Phase II and her being the transporter chief from TMP. My logic being either Justman, Gerrold or Fontana suggest a more interesting part for her than Yeoman. She also fills the niche of being the only NCO shown so far. Not so sound like a broken record, but I’ve got an update planned for it.)

She was always willing to come back OTL, showing nothing but love for the franchise and her character. I’d say there was definitely an apology given and a promise to treat her more fairly this go around.

As for the rape allegation, it is way out of my league to publically speculate on. And truth be told it’s not something I really feel comfortable talking about. I’d say it’s a good rule of thumb to believe women, but there’s no real way to prove anything that took place a decade(s) ago. The very sad truth is, up until very recently men got away with quite a bit in Hollywood without punishment.

No, that is my fault for weird phrasing. I meant to say none of the spin offs produce in our timeline will be made in this one. TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, DSC, along with all of three of the movie eras are butterflied away. Star Trek films and TV shows will continue to be made, just not the ones that were made in our timeline.
One gets rid of that rule of thumb real quick when one is on the receiving end of a false allegation...

The TMP Decker/Ilia story line can't be recycled for TNG if it is played out in Phase II, so that part would be out anyway. Also, wasn't TNG a way for Gene to take back control of Star Trek that he lost so much of during the movies? So if that didn't happen, I'd definitely see an entirely different spinoff after Phase II.

Further up the page, I do like the white color for the consoles as the greys were way to drab from TMP.

One gets rid of that rule of thumb real quick when one is on the receiving end of a false allegation...

The TMP Decker/Ilia story line can't be recycled for TNG if it is played out in Phase II, so that part would be out anyway. Also, wasn't TNG a way for Gene to take back control of Star Trek that he lost so much of during the movies? So if that didn't happen, I'd definitely see an entirely different spinoff after Phase II.

Further up the page, I do like the white color for the consoles as the greys were way to drab from TMP.
I’d really rather discussion of the allegations took place elsewhere.

Yeah, exactly. That’s what I mean when I say future projects can’t be made as OTL, because they wouldn’t be made that way if Phase II happened.

I personally love the aesthetic of the Phase II Enterprise. Part of the inspiration to make OTNP in fact.

I’d really rather discussion of the allegations took place elsewhere.

Yeah, exactly. That’s what I mean when I say future projects can’t be made as OTL, because they wouldn’t be made that way if Phase II happened.

I personally love the aesthetic of the Phase II Enterprise. Part of the inspiration to make OTNP in fact.
I have no intention of talking about it at all as I know nothing about it or even that there was one before a few hours ago.

Again, I'm still catching up with the rest of the thread, but is Phase II production related to the idea that Paramount wanted to make a Fourth Network and this would be their flagship program?

Here is model of one they sale based on the Phase II Enterprise:

I have no intention of talking about it at all as I know nothing about it or even that there was one before a few hours ago.

Again, I'm still catching up with the rest of the thread, but is Phase II production related to the idea that Paramount wanted to make a Fourth Network and this would be their flagship program?

Here is model of one they sale based on the Phase II Enterprise:
That was the plan OTL but here its year's earlier and back on an NBC that realised its mistake (just not to the extent of giving lots of money for it). Also if that's an eaglemoss model I'm sure the pics look nice but then you get the final version and there are always so many annoying mistakes.

That was the plan OTL but here its year's earlier and back on an NBC that realised its mistake (just not to the extent of giving lots of money for it). Also if that's an eaglemoss model I'm sure the pics look nice but then you get the final version and there are always so many annoying mistakes.
You got it. NBC picks it up for a few reasons. It’s years earlier and Paramount is just not as confident in Star Trek, and they just went through a major leadership shakeup. The idea of starting their own network is still there, but they need to get on solid ground first. All of that is OTL.

And on NBC’s end, they have been airing the popular Animated spin-off, for a while now. So they are more interested in airing Star Trek compared to OTL.

Teaser II
Teaser II

Hey, it's been a while. I do apologize for the slow update speeds once again, It's not for a lack of effort, moreso a lack of time and some motivation issues. I won't get too into it, and I'm trying my best to get an actual backlog to prevent further stretches of inactivity. As for good news, I've hit another spark of inspiration this weekend. By next week the later half of The Endless Voyage and the critical response will be out. The week after that we should be into the 13 episodes of Phase II.

To tide you over, here is the list of the titles of the thirteen episodes currently in the works for Phase II. I will say I may change the order of appearance or the names of some, but this is generally what will appear on screen. Thanks for reading!

Episode List

Episode Number
Episode Title
1The Tripart Battle
2Shuttlecraft 9
3The Child
4The Return of Kor, Part I
5The Rise of the Kitumba, Part II
6The Savage Syndrome
7Cassandra
8Five Centuries Later
9Kirk and Kennedy