One-Term Presidents Who Should've Gotten a Second Term

Which one-term Presidents should've gotten a second term?

• John Tyler (1841-1845)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Millard Fillmore (1850-1853)

• Franklin Pierce (1853-1857)

• Andrew Johnson (1865-1869)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say James K. Polk. but he was a blatant militarist and started a unessacary war. one that made America great. but directly led the Civil War.

I think he could've gotten a second term easily if he had chosen to run for it. but he had done everything he wanted in his one and only term. so I guess that's something in it self.

George Bush Senior should have won two terms Clinton could have been president in 1996 government would be a lot more balanced if that had happened Republicans and Democrats would most likely have to share power one party controlling two branches of government is stupid;) both my votes were for him

For some reason I thought it was a single-option poll when I selected my option. :eek:

Anyway, I stand by my single option as being the most, by far, deserving of all the options. No man was ever better prepared to be President than John Quincy Adams.

Abhakhazia

Banned
She voted for him (accidentally or otherwise) in the 1856 Retrospective Election and has since stubbornly attempted to justify her choice by championing Buchanan at every opportunity, despite his obvious failure of a presidency. ;)

Buchanan is a conservative I don't even bother defending (both of them, actually).

Buchanan is a conservative I don't even bother defending (both of them, actually).

It's hard to argue that he wasn't screwed over by circumstances outside of his control, though.

A failure is a failure no matter how well the intention is. Carter had to spend decades to gain a level of respect from people, and almost his entire Presidency was out of his hands. Buchanan could, and should, have done something to prevent his country from falling apart, other than saying "It's wrong but I'm not allowed to do anything, ~sorry~"

As for my choices, John Adams was a bit of a dick with the Alien and Sedition Acts, but was mostly fine.

JQA was an idiot for accepting the Presidency the way he did, but his actual governing was very Statesmanlike.

Martin van Ruin was brought down by Jackson's policy's, and if he is in Tyler won't.

Polk was honest and stuck through with his campaign promises, something that appeals to me. And ironically a reason for him to break one of them (1 term promise)

Rutherford had intended to break the color line, and I wished to see that brought to promise.

Chester Arthur was the guy with the least amount of expectations or qualifications going into office, and he soared in-spite of it.

Taft was a guy who, aside from getting cozy with big business, did fairly well. And I think he might have been able to beat Wilson (with probably set civil rights back decades) with out Roosevelt interfering.

Ford was a nice guy who could have been more aggressive on the Middle-East, or at least be the one to take the blame.

Ian the Admin

Administrator
Donor
Just as it says on the tin, folks; eager to see what (or who) you come up with. What say you? ;)

You started a two-term presidents thread and I gave you an official warning not to post political threads outside of Chat. Since you immediately ignored that and did the exact same thing again, you're kicked for a week.

Is this thread locked? Or is it going to be moved to political chat?

Anyway:

Rutherford B. Hayes was promising.

Herbert Hoover was the right guy at the wrong time I feel. He´d have been a good president 1920 but that was too early.

I wonder how Jimmy Carter´s second term would´ve looked like.

Ian the Admin

Administrator
Donor
You started a two-term presidents thread and I gave you an official warning not to post political threads outside of Chat. Since you immediately ignored that and did the exact same thing again, you're kicked for a week.

Oops, I checked the original thread creation time and it was before I warned you. Kick reversed, but I'm locking the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.