Olympic Games AHC

Whitewings

Banned
Just an nagging little thought that won't go away: The original Olympic Games were performed in the nude, we all know that. Is there any non-ASB way that tradition might have been implemented in the 1896 revival (I'm inclined to think no)? And if so, how might this have affected the adding of female athletes to the Games (which IOTL took place in 1900)? What might have been the knock-on effects either way?

Just an nagging little thought that won't go away: The original Olympic Games were performed in the nude, we all know that. Is there any non-ASB way that tradition might have been implemented in the 1896 revival (I'm inclined to think no)? And if so, how might this have affected the adding of female athletes to the Games (which IOTL took place in 1900)? What might have been the knock-on effects either way?

There is no non-ASB way for this to happen.

Morty Vicar

Banned

It has to either come before the Victorian era (although it's actually the Edwardian era that is most prudish) or significantly later. And it probably has to be initiated by someone non-British, in a reasonably warmer climate than old blighty!

Last edited:

Morty Vicar

Banned
I concur that this is asb, but I do wonder if it'd be plausible in future history.

Well in the OTL I think there's some forms of naked, or near-naked wrestling in Turkey, so it's not so out there. And of course some cultures are nude or semi-nude, even for hunting and sports etc. What if someone formalised stick-fighting or some similar tribal ritual? Maybe some ritual, such as the harsh Kalenjin rites of passage, are deemed so cruel that the British impose a more structured version. The competitions are compared to the Ancient Greek Olympic Games, and so become the modern Olympics.