Oliver Cromwell goes to New England?

I don’t think there would be a commonwealth with no Cromwell, nor do I think the war of the three kingdoms or the civil war would happen in a similar manner due to butterflies
At the start of the Civil War Cromwell was not the most important man on the Parliamentarian side, that would be Thomas Fairfax. The question is with Cromwell in America how does the war end? It is possible that without Cromwell, the royalists win though I think unlikely. But would the king still be excuted and if so who would lead the country? :)

VVD0D95

Banned
At the start of the Civil War Cromwell was not the most important man on the Parliamentarian side, that would be Thomas Fairfax. The question is with Cromwell in America how does the war end? It is possible that without Cromwell, the royalists win though I think unlikely. But would the king still be excuted and if so who would lead the country? :)

I mean up until 1645 the royalists could’ve won. So it’s authors call on that. And nobody wanted to execute the king other than radicals fairfax won’t execute the king

Interestingly Fairfax and several other parliamentary leaders also where considering moving to new England as well.

At the start of the Civil War Cromwell was not the most important man on the Parliamentarian side, that would be Thomas Fairfax.

Actually I think it was Pym, the Earl of Essex, and the Earl of Manchester who were the leading Parliamentarians at the start of the Civil War. Fairfax, like Cromwell, rose to prominence during the war.

Thomas1195

Banned
Alternatively, without Cromwell, the Levellers could have actually expanded their influence, since Fairfax IOTL was kinda unwilling to stand in the way of Army politics, and Henry Ireton seems to be someone who could well make compromise without Cromwell. If it turns out to be a Leveller-wank TL, Charles would have lost his head, and the Commonwealth would actually have greater chance since many Leveller ideas would have been popular to common folks (e.g. abolishing debt imprisonment).

What were Pym's politics?
However, Pym is someone who could well recognize that Charles was a dead man by 1648 and that the NMA was a too significant force, and have sufficient stature to influence the Long Parliament to execute the King, which means, the Commonwealth of England could be formed without Pride's Purge.