Oh I Wish I Was in Dixie: A Different North America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Political Parties of Dixie

I assume that for the Unionists the "social liberalism" aspect is more of a faction, right? Because some of the people that you have as leaders in the party would not be social liberals if their OTL beliefs are anything to go by.

Fantastic stuff in this TL.

I assume that for the Unionists the "social liberalism" aspect is more of a faction, right? Because some of the people that you have as leaders in the party would not be social liberals if their OTL beliefs are anything to go by.

Yeah it’s supposed to be most popular opinion in the party. I meant to add more factions but it slipped my mind.

Just added more factions to the Unionists. And added the SDP's predecessor which I also forgot to include.

Prime Ministers of the Commonwealth of America
Prime Ministers of the Commonwealth of America

PM List 2.png

Definitely going to be watching this one take shape; it's a very interesting take on an alt-southern OTL United States. I haven't seen it done like this (ie, with a POD before the Civil War and with vastly different borders than the OTL Confederacy). Really great stuff so far!

Definitely going to be watching this one take shape; it's a very interesting take on an alt-southern OTL United States. I haven't seen it done like this (ie, with a POD before the Civil War and with vastly different borders than the OTL Confederacy). Really great stuff so far!
Thanks a lot!

2017 South German Confederation Presidential Election
2017 South German Confederation Presidential Election

In the 2017 South German Confederation presidential elections, incumbent CDU President Thomas Strobl of Württemberg was narrowly reelected over Alexande Van der Bellen of Austria, the first Green presidential candidate to ever make the second round in South Germany. Van der Bellen carried 2 of the countries 4 constituent states including the independent capital of Munich, but Strobl's high margins in Bavaria was able to give him a tight win over Van der Bellen, who also carried 9 of the countries 24 administrative districts.

2017 SGC Election Wiki.png

In the 2017 South German Confederation presidential elections, incumbent CDU President Thomas Strobl of Württemberg was narrowly reelected over Alexande Van der Bellen of Austria, the first Green presidential candidate to ever make the second round in South Germany.

Cool! I like this infobox! Would you be able to prepare one for the first round, and/or for the most recent North German election?

Am I right that South Germany has the OTL French electoral system or a variation thereof?

Cool! I like this infobox! Would you be able to prepare one for the first round, and/or for the most recent North German election?

Am I right that South Germany has the OTL French electoral system or a variation thereof?
The two-round system is very common for presidential elections and is also used in Austria.

Yeah I can probably make an infobox for the first round fairly soon now that the map is made and everything gets a lot easier. More with North Germany will probably come at some point too.

And yes it uses a two-round system for presidential elections.

Last edited:
I'm really curious about the Commonwealth of America political parties. I know I've said this before but could you make infoboxes for them if you're up to it?

While we're on the subject of Commonwealth politics, I can't wait for the 2019 election too. I'm wondering if it'll be another Madiganslide or the Liberals will come back. Or even a hung parliament might be fun

Also is Superior its own province in the Commonwealth? Because it's my OTL home region it'd be cool to see it have some representation

@RoxyLikeAPuma What's the population (roughly) per national House of Delegates district? Seems obvious it'd be much smaller than OTL Congressional districts, but by how much? And I guess along the same lines, do you have an idea what the population of each state is?

Political Parties of America
I'm really curious about the Commonwealth of America political parties. I know I've said this before but could you make infoboxes for them if you're up to it?

While we're on the subject of Commonwealth politics, I can't wait for the 2019 election too. I'm wondering if it'll be another Madiganslide or the Liberals will come back. Or even a hung parliament might be fun

Also is Superior its own province in the Commonwealth? Because it's my OTL home region it'd be cool to see it have some representation
Political Parties of America

All America 5.png

2019 Commonwealth of America federal election poll

America Poll.png

Michigan's UP and Northern Ontario make up their own province of Superior with the UP now being known as Superior's LP.

What are Dixie movies and TV shows like ITTL?
Hollywood in America is still the major cultural center in North America, but Atlanta is the center of culture in Dixie and is where almost all movies, TV shows, and music are produced domestically. Overall movies and TV in Dixie tend to be similar to the USA's movies and TV but a bit more "conservative" for lack of a better term. There has been controversy in recent years of Atlanta being influenced too much by American media culture and there has been a recent influx of American producers moving into Atlanta.

@RoxyLikeAPuma What's the population (roughly) per national House of Delegates district? Seems obvious it'd be much smaller than OTL Congressional districts, but by how much? And I guess along the same lines, do you have an idea what the population of each state is?
Each House of Delegates district has about 200,000 people in them.

State Population
Alabama: 4,184,060
Arkansas: 2,915,918
Georgia: 9,687,653
Florida: 9,403,884
Kentucky: 4,339,367
Louisiana: 3,516,075
Mississippi: 2,502,396
Missouri: 4,502,689
North Carolina: 9,555,983
South Carolina: 4,625,364
Tennessee: 6,346,105