Of Mice and Plumbers: A Nintendo-Disney Timeline

UPDATE ON WHAT’S HAPPENING
Just a local update, I am still busy on this timeline, so come and expect something new from this TL soon. Also, if anyone has some ideas for Of Mice and Plumbers, let me know in private messages.

BONUS: 1981 Japanese Mickey Mouse Advertisement
NOTE: This one is seen on Japanese magazines and newspapers.

そして今、ビデオさんは任天堂のアーケード最新作、ミッキーマウスを紹介します!
ディズニーのマスコットをベースにしたこのゲームでは、ミッキーマウスを操作して、勇敢なマウスに樽やその他のものを投げる非常に暴れているピートからミニーマウスを救出しようとしながら、高層ビルを登っていきます。
ミッキーマウスは世界中で大絶賛され、今後もディズニーと任天堂のコラボレーションゲームが続々登場予定です!

Off-topic, but I used Google Translate for this one. Also, for Video-San (Mr. Video), consider him as a prototype for Mario ITTL.

ディズニーのマスコットをベースにしたこのゲームでは、ミッキーマウスを操作して、勇敢なマウスに樽やその他のものを投げる非常に暴れているピートからミニーマウスを救出しようとしながら、高層ビルを登っていきます。

Off-topic, but I used Google Translate for this one. Also, for Video-San (Mr. Video), consider him as a prototype for Mario ITTL.
What doe it say in English?

yeah, what does it even say in English?

yeah, what does it even say in English?
Here’s what it says in English.

And now, Mr. Video introduces Nintendo's latest arcade title, Mickey Mouse!
In this game based on the Disney mascot, you control Mickey Mouse as he climbs up a skyscraper while trying to rescue Minnie Mouse from a very unruly Pete who throws barrels and other things at the brave mouse. Masu.
Mickey Mouse has been highly praised all over the world, and more collaboration games between Disney and Nintendo are scheduled to be released one after another!

Here’s what it says in English.

And now, Mr. Video introduces Nintendo's latest arcade title, Mickey Mouse!
In this game based on the Disney mascot, you control Mickey Mouse as he climbs up a skyscraper while trying to rescue Minnie Mouse from a very unruly Pete who throws barrels and other things at the brave mouse. Masu.
Mickey Mouse has been highly praised all over the world, and more collaboration games between Disney and Nintendo are scheduled to be released one after another!
Cool. And who's Masu?

A Look Into 1996: What Nintendo and Disney Are Up To
Kept you all waiting, huh?

Now let’s take a look at what Nintendo and Disney are up to (aside from the Nintendo Ultra-64).

On the SNES, the games that are released include Popopo the Brave Little Starling Superstars (known as Kirby Super Star IOTL), Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow, and Pinocchio. Also, Mickey’s Space Adventure (TTL’s version of Star Fox 2) was released for the Super 32, and so was Nester’s Funky Bowling. Now, as for Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars? Well, development for the game shifted from SNES to Ultra-64, and how will the results go? Well, only time will tell.

Instead of the Game Boy Pocket, Nintendo released the Game Pal Color (TTL it started two years earlier), with Sony providing technical assistance. The Super Game Pal palettes are enabled on the Game Boy Color TTL, including its enhanced games.

Ok, I’m going to go off-topic from the timeline here and say this: I am quite conflicted if I should stick with either Game Boy or Game Pal ITTL. I believe I gotta have to stick with one or the other, but should I do that?

Now, where was I? Notable games released for this handheld include Mole Mania, Biggie and Smalls 2: The Primate Conquest (TTL’s Donkey Kong Land 2), and a couple of games released in Japan at the time: Pocket Monsters Red and Pocket Monsters Green. Also, when Game Freak talked with Disney about releasing the two games outside of Japan, they considered localizing it as Pokémon, but the higher-ups at Disney pointed out that the name sounded too similar to Monster in My Pocket and that it could be considered copyright infringement. Because of that, Game Freak decided to localize Pocket Monsters into CapsuMon, a nod to an earlier name, which is Capsule Monsters.

Also, games released for the Nintendo Ultra-64 include Wave Race 64, Motor Toon Grand Prix, Tobal No. 1, Killer Instinct Gold, Ultra Mario Kart (TTL’s Mario Kart 64), Twisted Metal, and Parappa the Rapper. Oh yeah, and Disney released The Hunchback of Notre Dame in theaters this year, as well as an English dub of Cassiopeia.

Also, Dylan Cuthbert does not leave Argonaut Software TTL and does not join Sony, thus resulting in the creation and design of more Disney-based games that follow Mickey’s Space Adventure on the Super 32.

And I guess that’s all there is to it for Nintendo and Disney themselves. Now for the other guys.