Of Droughts And Flooding Rains

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by KaiserEmu, Nov 12, 2018.

1. terranova210486 Well-Known Member

What are the most popular TV shows or movies in each of the Australian countries?

2. KaiserEmu Emperor and Autocrat of all the Emus, etc.

Give me a little while to think about that. Pop culture isn’t my strong suit.

Thanks a lot! Don’t worry, more is on its way. My current project is taking longer than I’d expected, but it should be ready soon! In the meantime to tide everyone over, have this map of mainland Australasia’s rail system I made in ten minutes while I was bored. Place names not included. :confused:

trainz.png

JDuggan, Gabingston, Bennett and 5 others like this.
  3. Threadmarks: alternatehistory.com: The De Gaulle plan for Germany.

KaiserEmu Emperor and Autocrat of all the Emus, etc.

Here it is at last! It took me waaay too long, but I’ve finally finished what I was working on: an alternate AH.com page from this universe, discussing Germany in the aftermath of the World War, hopefully answering some of your questions about Germany, especially @Bennett! There’s a lot here that I’ve hinted at but not properly explained (eg in signatures, references and others), so feel free to ask!

DISCLAIMER: None of the characters depicted below are intended to mirror or suggest any real life characters, except for the Moderator, which is inspired by the wonderful @CalBear. Any other similarities are entirely coincidental.

[​IMG]

After this I plan to cover Russia, and then the Indonesian region probably, while working on a couple of other long-term projects. I’ll be happy to take any requests or questions though, so don’t stay quiet!

JDuggan, FossilDS, LeinadB93 and 19 others like this.
  4. Bennett Human Time-Waster

Ah, some context for this "Silent War" we've been hearing whispers of. I'm assuming the Bergen Conference ended TTL's equivalent of WW2? Nice read!

Gabingston likes this.
  5. ST15RM Ich bin ein AH.commer!

Of course, CalBear is an interdimensional time-traveler!

ETGalaxy and Gabingston like this.
  6. Threadmarks: Antarctica

Well, it can’t be silent if you’re talking loudly about it! ;)
    The Bergen Conference is kind of like an ATL Potsdam Conference, in that it finalised the post-war plan for Europe and set out aims regarding the war in the Pacific, and also that the main powers started to really hate each other. But obviously there are different key players on both sides, and so the result turned out differently.

And you know how I said I'd do Russia?
    Well...
    I had a bit of spare time and instead of working on what I said I'd do or answering questions, I made a map of Antarctica ITTL.

Antarctica is divided into ten different polities, with nine nations claiming portions, plus a Union of Nations mandate around the South Pole, administered directly by the UoN, similarly to Jerusalem. However, 18 nations operate bases on the continent, usually within the zones of friendly nations. They are as follows (countries with actual territory in bold):

• Australasia
    • Japan
    • China
    • India
    • France
    • Poland
    • Norway
    • Brazil
    • Colombia
    • Canada
    • Britain
    • South Africa
    • Germany
    • Patagonia
    • Ireland
    • Peru(-Bolivia)
    • Chile
    • America
    Large stars show major Antarctic bases; many of these now have permanent populations. Smaller stars are other scientific bases, sometimes staffed for only part of the year, and only for scientific purposes. A major base is also situated at the South Pole.

[​IMG]

JDuggan, LeinadB93, B_Munro and 9 others like this.
  7. TheKutKu Well-Known Member

How did china get their Antarctic territory?

Nice map

8. ST15RM Ich bin ein AH.commer!

BTW how did you make this? I was thinking of doing this for The Yankee Dominion.

9. Miner Tu sais qu'il fallait que je le leur fasse

Something with editing the source code maybe?

10. Riley Uhr Muldoon did nothing wrong

iggy is a pretty funny name for a forum user.

Gabingston and ST15RM like this.
  11. KaiserEmu Emperor and Autocrat of all the Emus, etc.

Yep. I did it by manually editing the source code in Chrome with the inspect element tool, which can get a bit slow, but it works. I was inspired by looking back through some old OFC posts and going from one @Kanan did, although judging by how quickly she turns things out, she might have a different method. Once you get the hang of it though, it’s pretty straightforward.

Yep. I’ve spent too long looking at the wikibox thread, and then I ran out of names. So ... yeah.

12. KaiserEmu Emperor and Autocrat of all the Emus, etc.

Capture.PNG

JDuggan, Ind89, Archangel and 4 others like this.
  13. KaiserEmu Emperor and Autocrat of all the Emus, etc.

6.PNG

Because it just isn't Australia without a leadership spill...

JDuggan, Spens1, Ind89 and 9 others like this.
  14. KaiserEmu Emperor and Autocrat of all the Emus, etc.

I've update the world map (yet again), for hopefully the last retcon.

Changes include:
    • Revised borders in the Horn of Africa
    • Revised borders in Libya
    • Revised Romanian-Hungarian border
    • Revised borders and geopolitical situation in the Balkans (I find the new version more interesting, and about as plausible as the old)
    • Added internal borders for Germany, France and the Balkan Democratic Federation
    • Some aesthetic stuff to do with nation colours and internal borders
    Don't worry though, actually interesting stuff is on its way!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    JDuggan, Gabingston and TheKutKu like this.
  15. Spens1 Well-Known Member

So is Kevin Rudd going to start sniping, appear on the ABC in some weird documentary down the line bagging out Bowen as well as be a condescending prick in this timeline also?

16. Threadmarks: Global Travel Advice

Actually interesting stuff incoming!

[​IMG]

Occasionally, when I get bored, I go and read the travel advice from the Australian Foreign Affairs Department and try to work out why the government considers the Darien Gap more dangerous than North Korea. So I thought I'd do a world map of this in the ODAFR world, from the perspective of Tasmania (because why not)!.

The key up the top explains mostly what's going on, and I apologise for my Google Translate Dutch.

Any questions about why specific regions are the way they are, throw them at me!

And I am still working on Russia, but I get a bit distracted sometimes.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    JDuggan, FossilDS, Ind89 and 12 others like this.
  17. KaiserEmu Emperor and Autocrat of all the Emus, etc.

Not at this point, because he needs the Labour Party to win the election. After the election... probably.

Gabingston and Spens1 like this.
  18. DrWalpurgis ha ha ha OH WELL

What's wrong with Ulster?

Gabingston likes this.
  19. TheKutKu Well-Known Member

From the world map, considering Britain controls all of ulster and Ireland claims it, I guess not pretty things.

Still travel recommendation tends to overestimate the risk of developped countries that have some civil unstabilities or low level insurgencies even in our world, I doubt Ulster is as dangerous as literally travelling to the middle of the Sahara ITTL, but it is more dangerous than the rest of Europe I guess.

Uh oh China doesn’t look so good, on the other hand it’s nice to see that the levant is mostly safe, also South Africa looks safe

Gabingston likes this.
  20. Ugly Idiot Beautiful Genius

I'm surprised Britain requires additional safety measures, what's up with them?

Gabingston and Bennett like this.