Of Droughts And Flooding Rains: The Seven Nations of Australia

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by KaiserEmu, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Gabzcervo Creator of Rivers Among the Stars

@KaiserEmu, why the Imperial party advocated to change the government to constitutional monarchy?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    Gabingston likes this.
  2. KaiserEmu Emperor and Autocrat of all the Emus, etc.

The Imperial party gets it support from the significant Bonapartist community in Auralia, mostly descended from the Bonapartists deported from France in the 1820s and 30s. Somehow, they’ve survived the test of time and have remained a not insignificant political force over the last two centuries.

Gabingston likes this.
  3. Spens1 Well-Known Member

Ardern would be my pick absolutely, the other two would be alright.

4. TheKutKu Well-Known Member

Wonderful update, it would be interesting to both have An imperial Auralia and a kingdom of France!

Was there a colonial war in costa Norte or was it mostly loyal like East Timor? Did the communist have a large influence in politics after its independance.

How did Alsace-Lorraine become a German majority? Looking at the timeline France gave it back during the alt-WW2... but Germany eventually lost, did they get it back after? IRL Alsace was already quite gallicised by 1940. Was the kingdom of France (? If it already existed at the time) less aggressive in their attempt to destroy regional sentiments?

5. LeinadB93 Just Leinad

That would be great. Only if you've got time though!

Cool, it's a shame though - as a monarchical Quebec would have been interesting, especially if there was a resident monarch in North America...

Fascinating stuff :)

Can I ask why New Holland is a republic and doesn't share the Dutch monarch?

Gabingston likes this.
  6. Stretch The One Who Has Seen Too Much

I just wanted to say that I love a good Australia-centric timeline (such as LORAG) and this feels really good, love the maps mate!

terranova210486 likes this.
  7. KaiserEmu Emperor and Autocrat of all the Emus, etc.

Indeed. That would be interesting!

There wasn't really a war, in that Costa Norte was a bit neglected in its development during the colonial era, preventing a significant revolutionary sentiment from arising there. Communists initially had a significant influence in Costa Norte, but Australasia, seeing the strategic importance of an allied nation to the north, provided significant aid to the country to further develop it and stave off the communist threat.

The Kingdom of France was not much less aggressive in de-Germanising the region, but their annexation of the Saar and Palatinate threw a spanner in those works, with the presence of an additional 2 million Germans within their borders. Fearing separatists could take away not all their gains since WW1, they decided autonomy would be the best way to retain control of the whole region.

I’ll see what I can do. :)

The reasons for both of these are due to their prior experience with monarchy, specifically the British monarchy. Quebec’s nasty experience with the British monarchy prompted a widespread view that it should be “Quebec for the Québécois”, which eventually prompted the decision for a republic. New Holland was very pro-monarchy early on, but significant Afrikaner migration after the Second Boer War prompted widespread prejudice against foreign monarchs. Instead they decided New Holland should be governed by a New Hollander.
    Don’t worry though, there are lots of other monarchies!

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

I think Australia needs more AH attention, and hopefully this helps!

LeinadB93 likes this.
  8. cultural-deleonist one of those theythemmers

I feel like a Seven Nation Army joke needs to be made, but unfortunately I'm not the one to do it.

ST15RM likes this.
  9. AgarBoy1 Cannot be milked Banned

That poem was beautiful. *sobs from beauty*

10. BigVic Well-Known Member

An EU-style Union in Oceania ITTL.

Gabingston and terranova210486 like this.
  11. KaiserEmu Emperor and Autocrat of all the Emus, etc.

I’ve got some time on my hands at the moment, so is there anything specific you’d like to see?

I’m not quite sure what to do next - politics, history, elections, news etc; so I’d like to know what people want.

12. ZeSteel Well-Known Member

Further exploration on History would be great. Was there an attempted Japanese invasion during WW2 or was Japan not even a belligerent in that war?

13. TheKutKu Well-Known Member

I’d love to see more in depth information about either Kidulia (especially the relations between the Dutch and Indonesians) or Australasian New Zealand.

14. Unknown Member

I'd like to know more about the history of TTL's Australasia...

15. AgarBoy1 Cannot be milked Banned

This is interesting. Watched. Also what's up with Patagonialand?

16. SaveAtlacamani Napoleon the Red Donor

I would love to know more about Europe.

17. terranova210486 Well-Known Member

Is North America different?

18. Threadmarks: States of America

KaiserEmu Emperor and Autocrat of all the Emus, etc.

I was bored.

States.png

Japan fought on the side of the Allies in the alt-WW2. There was no fighting on Australian soil during that conflict.

The Commonwealth of Patagonia is a Dominion similar to Canada or Australasia. It is notable for its significant Welsh-speaking population.

See above. Yes, it is, although it's not my area of expertise.

I'll do some stuff about Australasia first (for @Unknown and @TheKutKu, then some global history for @SaveAtlacamani and @ZeSteel. After that I'll do Kidulia (which I've left till last because I want to do it really well).

Gladsome, Miner, GlebPro2004 and 7 others like this.
  19. Ugly Idiot Beautiful Smart Person

How did America acquire the maritime provinces?

20. KaiserEmu Emperor and Autocrat of all the Emus, etc.

They voted for union after Quebec’s secession in the 70s, and all three became states in 1980. They do, however, retain many features of their original political systems - state politics remains between the Liberals and Conservatives, each of whom endorse a national party for federal positions. They’re also the only states to use a Westminster system of government.

Gabingston, Hominid and Ugly Idiot like this.