October Flag Challenge

I like flags, they're my favourite part of AH. So I pledge to ye folk a challenge should you choose to accept it. Votes will be cast a week from today to decide who is the victor. The victor then receives the dignity of selecting the next month's flag challenge.

The flag I want you to make is to make the flag of a 20th / 21st Century Egyptian Empire.

Here are the rules

• Cannot include Pan-Arabic design
  • Cannot include the eagle from the contemporary Egyptian flag
  • Cannot include the Star & Crescent
I'm excited to see how you all get on.

Good luck! :)

Knepah

I didn't make this, a friend sent it to me, but I find it fitting. The file name is "Solar Flag" But I could see it being called "The Flag of Ra"

Solar Flag.PNG

Goldstein

Banned
If we're free to chose the POD, here's my entry. It is a flag of an ancient, non hellenized Egyptian Empire that expands and survives until the present day (Let's imagine that the ancient flags and standards somehow evolved in a similar way they did OTL).

The Empire evolved into a form of parliametary monarchy in wich the Pharaoh only retains a religious and symbolic role, and the political power is held by an assembly of guilds. The flag reflects that division, with the stylized lotus/Nile Delta representing the earthly power held by the guilds, and the solar disk with the eye of Ra representing the divine power held by the Pharaoh. The field colour represents the sand, and its contrast with the Nile Delta represents the limits between civilization and savagery, as the Egyptians see themselves as the most refined culture.

Imperio Egipcio.png

POD: the Ottomans are destroyed by Timur and no other Turkish beylik becomes powerful. The Mamluks then dominate Egypt, the Levant, and Iraq. Eventually the sultan takes the title "Padishah," and Europeans begin to call him the Emperor of Egypt.

mameluke.png

Here is my attempt. I was thinking the idea is that the new Empire brings new prosperity to the desert thus the green entering into the tan.

Daniel

Egypt-Flag-02.PNG