Flags of World Ideologies
  • Political Flag Chart black text.png

Medieval Teuchland
  • Teuchland
    Teuchland.png
    Second only to the civilizations of Carthage and Hellas Teuchland is one of the oldest nations on the European continent. According to national myth, its beginnings lie in the legendary warrior Hagvart Wotansson who united the various quarreling tribes along the Teuch-Gaulish border against a Gaulish incursion and then expanding this fledgling confederation into a proper Empire. Most modern historians are unsure as to the validity of this telling of Teuch history, but archaeological evidence has confirmed the presence of an advanced germanic civilization with links across most of Europe.

Like with their alleged founding, the actual historicity of the first alleged ruling dynasties of Teuchland lies comfortably in the realm of mytho-history as there are few surviving records from the times corresponding with the Wulf, Staufen and Adler dynasties with the oldest surviving coinage being minted during the reign of Albrecht III of Bauchern-Westmark sometime during the post-Hellenic period in Europe (around 1219 AC).

Albrecht_III.jpg

Albrecht III
    It was during this post-hellenic period that the Teuch Kingdom can be said to have entered one of its periods of “decline” with periods of civil strife like the Prophets war, repeated famines and the ruling dynasty slowly losing their grip on power which culminated during the war of Westmark Succession.

Following this the previous dynasty would find itself supplanted by the infamous puppet kings of the Gallien-Greifburg dynasty imposed by the Gallic realm, crystallized in the popular imagination as the spendthrift Queen Jean which ruled in the dawning years of the Aboubacaric era. During this period the Kingdom also lost the territory of Grösskärnten to the Sicilian empire, which would remain a constant source of national humiliation until the advent of the Steel Harvest.

War.jpg

Miniature of the War of Westmark Succession by Arnhold Greimfeldt

The White Dragon Gazette (5/06/2264)
  • The White Dragon Gazette
    (5/06/2264)

“The Spectre” vows: “I will return!”

JackParsons3.jpg
    Mermin Pengelly is not a man most would suspect to be a man well-versed in such arts as bomb-making or the planning of heists, but despite his well-groomed appearance and polite manners these are the fields in which Merming Pengelly practices his trade. The quiet Dewnian has however for the moment laid down his arms to embark on a trans-thalassic tour to seek the support of governments across Europe, Libia and Asia for his campaign against the rationalist regime occupying his homeland.

Recent countries he has visited include Teuchland, Lechia and Karkhedon; when we met in a small café just outside central Thebes he had just returned from a visit to Ombria, whose Situationist government has shown itself a haven for intellectuals and rebels of a similar ideological persuasion from all across the globe, of which Pengelly is only one.

But what exactly is situationism? It is certainly a question many have had on their mind lately thanks to recent events and has reared its head in regions as close as Rumantschia and as far away as South Abubure; so when i asked him to elaborate on his own political views, his first answer was a simple, sly smile.

“I am no professor, but roughly speaking i would say that a Situationist is an individual that agrees with and follows the writings of the Frysian intellectual Roan Duursma. Of these the most important is undoubtedly his book ‘the drama of life’ which I would argue lies at the core of our beliefs. As briefly as I can summarize it, it argues that life is inherently illogical and absurd, a series of ‘situations’ that defines one's life not unlike the scenes of a play. Because of this, encouraging division and competition between people do little but restrict their freedom and make them cause undue suffering against their fellow man."

"Instead, society should instead be structured in a way that provides every person with a safety net to protect them against the worst of life, but government should otherwise have as few ways as possible to impose their will on the individual. In this way, every man gets a chance to enrich society with their unique skill or talent which might have otherwise been stifled. Me and my compatriots in the TLF do of course have our own views derived from this central work, but that is my best description of classical Situationism like the one practiced in Ombria.”

After spending a few moments fervently writing this miniature manifesto down on my scribbling block, I decided to change course to something I am sure my readers are even more curious to hear about: why is Mr. Pengelly called “The Spectre” amongst both friends and foes? At this, he laughs.

“Well, the name was actually first given to me by the Rationalists, of all people. Of course I am still known as ‘Suspect no.3’ in official circles, but among the civilian population my prowess at covert action has given me a ghost-like ability to escape capture even in the bustling heart of Kaertam. Of course, my friends and I in the FTL are of the faithful sort, so perhaps the forces of Magick really do aid me in my actions.”

Our time left was short, so my final question was a simple one. Did he have a wish or message he wished to convey to our readers?

“To all you fighting for radical freedom, regardless of where you are in the world, be assured that Hadit aids you in your every endeavour. And to those living under the terrible fist of the regime, i say this: I continue to fight to free our home, and I will return.”

Sibir Propaganda Poster
  • Propaganda poster from the Sibir Concom (Constructed Community) a Constructivist nation notable for its semi-theocratic form of constructivist government.
    Sibir_Propaganda_Poster.png