Novus Ordo Seclorum: The Age of Empires Reborn

Angelica I's abdication was forced by a coalition of anti-Columbian forces during the Columbian War of Succession (I need to update her husband, that's not the one I currently have planned for her to marry).

Angelica III abdicated because she absolutely hated being empress. She wasn't cut out to rule, and she knew it. Her twin brother Odysseus was always more popular and more qualified than her (his epithet is "the People's Emperor"), and so after seven years of partying and neglecting her duties, she eventually just decided to strike out on her own as a socialite.
Wait, and if she died on the day she abdicated, was she executed by the coalition, or did she kill herself?

I noticed a few Bonapartes married into the House of Saratoga; seeing as the French Revolution never amounted to much ITTL, what's Napoleon's claim to fame here to where his family would be distinguished enough to marry into the Emperors of Columbia?

On the topic of the Bourbons, I'm assuming they're still Christian ITTL. Between that and the several Christians who have married into the House of Saratoga, how are Christian-Albionic relations?

I noticed a few Bonapartes married into the House of Saratoga; seeing as the French Revolution never amounted to much ITTL, what's Napoleon's claim to fame here to where his family would be distinguished enough to marry into the Emperors of Columbia?
Napoleon Bonaparte rose to fame when he stopped the Great French Revolt at the Bastille in 1789, due to some butterflies putting him in Paris that day ITTL with his artillery regiment and the fighting leaving him the de facto commanding officer after many of his superiors were killed by the mob. He dispelled the crowd through a strategic use of artillery, and was immediately promoted. As time went on, Napoleon Bonaparte would prove himself to be the greatest general France had ever seen in the Colonial Wars of the nineteenth century, and he was eventually rewarded for his decades of service by being made "Duke of Corsica" after the region suffered another Enlightenment-fueled pro-republican revolt shook the island. Corsica is a somewhat autonomous region of France, led by the Bonaparte family. Many of his descendants distinguished themselves as great military or political minds in their own right, making a marriage of the House of Saratoga and the Bonapartes very attractive, especially in the mid-1800s.

On the topic of the Bourbons, I'm assuming they're still Christian ITTL. Between that and the several Christians who have married into the House of Saratoga, how are Christian-Albionic relations?
Christian-Albionic relations are generally good, neither one's really antagonistic towards the other. They're not the biggest fans of Hinduism or Islam, though.

Christian-Albionic relations are generally good, neither one's really antagonistic towards the other. They're not the biggest fans of Hinduism or Islam, though.
That's interesting; I'd have expected there to be some more enmity between the two faiths, especially given the fact that the Albionic Church led a lot of people to abandon Christianity. Has there been any conflict in the past? Although then again, I do also remember reading that Columbia participated in the "Tenth Crusade;" while I'm sure we'll get more info on it later, could you give a brief rundown of this war? I'm assuming it was a largely Christian conflict that the Columbians participated in for political reasons.

As for Islam and Hinduism, why aren't they well regarded by the Christians/Albionists? Does it have to do with whatever's going on in India?

I also have a few other random questions. Are there any majority Albionic countries besides Japan and Columbia?

Is Christianity still dominant in Europe (the main reason I ask this is because of the Archdruid in Britain)? Speaking of the Archdruid, what happened in Britain?

It sounds like the Church of Jesus Christ is the primary Christian denomination in Columbia. In that case, what's the status of Catholicism within Columbia, as well as in the world at large? Are the Amish still around?

It looks like the Trail of Tears never happened ITTL based on the Native Americans in the Southeast; in that case, what's the state of Native Americans in Columbia? Are they at all better off than in OTL?

Sorry for asking a bunch of questions, I'm just really interested in this world you've developed and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Napoleon Bonaparte rose to fame when he stopped the Great French Revolt at the Bastille in 1789, due to some butterflies putting him in Paris that day ITTL with his artillery regiment and the fighting leaving him the de facto commanding officer after many of his superiors were killed by the mob. He dispelled the crowd through a strategic use of artillery, and was immediately promoted. As time went on, Napoleon Bonaparte would prove himself to be the greatest general France had ever seen in the Colonial Wars of the nineteenth century, and he was eventually rewarded for his decades of service by being made "Duke of Corsica" after the region suffered another Enlightenment-fueled pro-republican revolt shook the island. Corsica is a somewhat autonomous region of France, led by the Bonaparte family. Many of his descendants distinguished themselves as great military or political minds in their own right, making a marriage of the House of Saratoga and the Bonapartes very attractive, especially in the mid-1800s.
So if Napoleon never becomes Emperor then that means the House of Bourbon and the Ancien Régime are still the rule of the day in France? Considering they bankrupted themselves funding the American Revolution combined with the aristrocracy taxing the lower classes to hell and back just to fund their lavish lifestyles, it is far too late to save them long term with a 1770s POD in my opinion.

So if Napoleon never becomes Emperor then that means the House of Bourbon and the Ancien Régime are still the rule of the day in France? Considering they bankrupted themselves funding the American Revolution combined with the aristrocracy taxing the lower classes to hell and back just to fund their lavish lifestyles, it is far too late to save them long term with a 1770s POD in my opinion.
The Storming of the Bastille was just the start. France underwent a reform movement after that was just enough to keep them afloat (a kind of national assembly somewhere between the Estates-General and the OTL US Senate pre-17th Amendment in terms of representation was established, but the king still has a decent amount of power) until they really hit their stride in the Colonial Wars and the economy got back on track thanks to the cash flow from overseas territories. Maybe it's a bit unrealistic, but I like the idea and I'm running with it.

@HeX first off, congratulations for the smashing launch of your new TL. Second, a stream of questions and comments: I would like to see something on Elvis Presley, though that might have to come after you lay the groundwork with a brief history of Columbia. Id also like to learn more about France: they didn't quite give the impression of a power to rival Columbia until you mentioned that they were the only other country with nukes.

With France and Columbia so dominant, how has this affected Russia? Has the idea of Russia being an Eurasian, not European civilization become more popular ITTL?

Finally, how will you be introducing us to life in Columbia beyong vague, objective wikibox descriptors? Something like "a day in the life of a Columbian"?

This also reminded me of something from your more well known work...Any comment?
One of them was a British royal, another was a ballet dancer, and a third simply couldn't speak in anything but fast rhymes he called "rap." After a while, though, court was finally called in session, as the hundreds of Hamiltons filed

Last edited:
@HeX first off, congratulations for the smashing launch of your new TL.
Thank you!

Second, a stream of questions and comments: I would like to see something on Elvis Presley, though that might have to come after you lay the groundwork with a brief history of Columbia.
I'll probably get into the weird and random stuff soon, but you're right in that I have to lay Columbia's foundations first before I do that. I'm having a bit of trouble with the infobox for the PMs of the UKA, but I'm working on it. My current plan is to cover those PMs and the Presidential Triumvirates of the UEC in the same post, followed by a few infoboxes about some particularly interesting Americans of TTL (Washington, Hamilton, Jefferson, Jackson, Lincoln, MacArthur, JFK, and Grande all come to mind, though maybe not all of them right now), a few WorldA maps that show the universe over the decades, and maybe a Q-BAM map of the United Empire of Columbia if I find the time. After that, we'll get into Elvis and the War on Terror and France and such.

Id also like to learn more about France: they didn't quite give the impression of a power to rival Columbia until you mentioned that they were the only other country with nukes.
The French are currently hard at work at developing other superweapons. Things that would make Ronald Reagan's SDI blush. Just in case, of course.

With France and Columbia so dominant, how has this affected Russia? Has the idea of Russia being an Eurasian, not European civilization become more popular ITTL?
Russia's definitely more of a Eurasian place than OTL. For a while there, until the UEC beat them into submission after the Second Ultimatum, Russia actually controlled more territory (like half of Anatolia, including Constantinople at one point, as well as Persia and parts of Manchuria). But nowadays they're not really considered a great power, nor do they want to be. They're content in doing their own shady things and being left alone, for the most part.

Finally, how will you be introducing us to life in Columbia beyong vague, objective wikibox descriptors? Something like "a day in the life of a Columbian"?
I'll probably do something narrative based at some point, though that's not really on my radar right now.

This also reminded me of something from your more well known work...Any comment?
All I can say is that the seeds for this TL were planted long ago...

Last edited:
I'm interested, since the Theogony is included in the holy texts, and there are already some gods from the Greek pantheon in Albionism, how much of the pantheon is included? For example, while Columbia is the head of the pantheon, does Zeus exist at all as father of some of the gods? Same question for the Egyptian and Shinto pantheons.

Also, is there any major Christian community in Japan as there has been historically?

This is crazy in a brilliant way. Are all the little states-inside-states a throwback to the HRE style tiny countries?

Question: has Columbia gotten freer over time, or did it go in the opposite direction?

also, nice wikibox as always HeX

I was meaning to have all the chief executives of the UKA (the Prime Ministers) and the UEC (the Presidential Triumvirates) in one big post, but the Triumvirates are taking a lot longer than expected and I didn't want to just sit on the PM list... so, there you go!

I'm interested, since the Theogony is included in the holy texts, and there are already some gods from the Greek pantheon in Albionism, how much of the pantheon is included? For example, while Columbia is the head of the pantheon, does Zeus exist at all as father of some of the gods? Same question for the Egyptian and Shinto pantheons.
A decent chunk of the Greek pantheon exists in Albionism. A few have been copy-pasted almost directly into Albionism (most notably Athena and Isis), most have been incorporated into the faith but with some revisions (such as name changes, as is the case with Terra [Gaea] and Eos [Aphrodite]) and either a power elevation or lowering, and some, like Oceanos (a mix of Poseidon, Oceanus, Pontus, Khnum, and Sobek), Aether (a mix of Zeus, Aether, and Horus), and Solaris (a mix of Ra, Helios, and Apollo) are conflations of a number of deities. The same can be said for the other mythologies.

The Theogony of Albionic canon itself is not actually the Ancient Greek story. It's an epic written by King Alexander I during his time spent in exile in Paris during the Second American Revolution, said to be divinely inspired. It fulfills the same role as the Greek version, though, deliniating the history of the gods with a special focus on the Great Thirteen.

Also, is there any major Christian community in Japan as there has been historically?
There are certainly some Christians in Japan, but between Chosen Ones, Buddhists, and Shinto purists, they are by no means a notable force.

This is crazy in a brilliant way. Are all the little states-inside-states a throwback to the HRE style tiny countries?
No, the countries outlined by red show rebel states rising up against whatever country/ies they're inside of. The city-states of the UEC (which I realize I've neglected to add to the map itself, gotta get on that) are supposed to be a reference to the HRE, though.

Question: has Columbia gotten freer over time, or did it go in the opposite direction?
It's a bit complex. The UKA was really only a tad more powerful than the OTL US, and honestly outside of some names being different and a hereditary monarch technically leading the executive branch, it was functionally the same government. However, following the Second American Revolution and the founding of the United Empire of Columbia, things started to take a bit of a turn. Emperor Alexander I was no tyrant, but his son, Philip I, was a rather overbearing monarch, and the government became more and more powerful until the Columbian Civil War.

Caesar Abraham Lincoln was designated as the head of the UEC's government by the emperor during this crisis, and he used his unchecked and limitless power... to reform the country considerably. These democratic reforms remained in place until the late 1800s/early 1900s, when the government started getting too powerful again, going off the deep end following victory in the War of the American Succession.

Caesar Douglas MacArthur took a leaf out of Lincoln's book and brought about lasting reforms during the Columbian Warlord Period of the 1950s. These reforms have proven more permanent than the last ones, and though the monarchy and government's power waxes and wanes with each new emperor, triumvirate, and congress, it's generally no worse than the modern day United States, but if the government was free to make a law about anything (i.e. no half-assed justifications through the Commerce Clause), the Supreme Court (whose judicial powers have been delegated to one house of the Columbian Congress ITTL) was more of a suggestion than a check on power, and if the USA PATRIOT Act was on the books as originally written. That being said, the UEC is currently at a high point of democracy, with the extremely popular Odysseus I unlikely to be self-serving and the current triumvirate rather liberal in its leanings.

Last edited:
A decent chunk of the Greek pantheon exists in Albionism. A few have been copy-pasted almost directly into Albionism (most notably Athena and Isis), most have been incorporated into the faith but with some revisions (such as name changes, as is the case with Terra [Gaea] and Eos [Aphrodite]) and either a power elevation or lowering, and some, like Oceanos (a mix of Poseidon, Oceanus, Pontus, Khnum, and Sobek), Aether (a mix of Zeus, Aether, and Horus), and Solaris (a mix of Ra, Helios, and Apollo) are conflations of a number of deities. The same can be said for the other mythologies.
I know you said the same goes for the other pantheons, but out of curiosity, do the Shinto gods have any specific roles in the pantheon? I could see some of the Shinto gods being subsumed into some of the Albionic gods.

I also have a question about Christianity in Columbia. It sounds like the Church of Jesus Christ is the primary Christian denomination in Columbia. In that case, what's the status of Catholicism within Columbia, as well as in the world at large? Are the Amish still around?

Also, I recall you saying that Hinduism and Islam aren’t well regarded by the Albionists or Christians. Why is this? Does it have to do with whatever’s going on in India? How bad are relations between the religious groups?

Not sure if this has already been asked, but what is *Australia like ITTL? How did the colony of Columbia get there? What is the culture like elsewhere?

In case anyone's wondering, Bernie Sanders' nickname ITTL is "bad penny that everyone likes" (not very catchy, is it?). He just keeps swooping in, is wildly popular for a term or two, then leaves.

Last edited: