Northern Star, a timeline with a united Scandinavia

1457: so Arnór take a more direct route to Vinland - why? Did he hear stories of the impossibility of reaching the settlements in Greenland like Eystribyggðor or did he attempt a landfall and coudn't due to the pack-ice? :confused:
As you wrote 1443 the accessing the Greenland settlements were already difficult with only Eystribyggðor accessible.

Whats the reaction in the Union to the loss of souls in Greenland? Arguably the Church might react it was their souls and they had established a Diocese in Gardar! ;)

1457: so Arnór take a more direct route to Vinland - why? Did he hear stories of the impossibility of reaching the settlements in Greenland like Eystribyggðor or did he attempt a landfall and coudn't due to the pack-ice? :confused:

Partly because of the ice, but mostly because he now knows were to head. Ill add a few bits to clarify it. Thanks :)

Whats the reaction in the Union to the loss of souls in Greenland? Arguably the Church might react it was their souls and they had established a Diocese in Gardar! ;)

Have not tought about that! Ill maybe expand that part a bit. I see some possibilities there... ;)

Other commodities - aristocracy level that is ;) such as ivory (walrus tusks) unicorn horns (tusk of narwhal) and polar bear cubs were among what could be obtained in Greenland. All highly sought items and as such hugely expensive. Nice source to have in your backyard.

What I'm saying is that if communications is to be kept with Greenland these apart from souls would be incitements. Untill the pack ice denies access of course.

Did look up your changes - really good! :)

Other commodities - aristocracy level that is ;) such as ivory (walrus tusks) unicorn horns (tusk of narwhal) and polar bear cubs were among what could be obtained in Greenland. All highly sought items and as such hugely expensive. Nice source to have in your backyard.

What I'm saying is that if communications is to be kept with Greenland these apart from souls would be incitements. Untill the pack ice denies access of course.

Did look up your changes - really good! :)
Peregrine falcons, too, no? Or are there enough of them in Iceland?

Certainly the Icelanders supplied (some) of your list to kings in Europe.

Ah yes; the falcons too. White ones.

Of course Icelanders could supply a lot but then having a foothold in Greenland if possible wouldn't be bad for this kind of business.

This is a great thread, it actually has working Kalmar Union that seems plausible. Nice to finally see it being updated for once. ;)

I hereby award this thread with the official seal of awesomeness.

awesomenessseal1.gif