Wait mauritius is Italian? How did they gain it from the british?

I wonder how the canaries are... They haven't been Spanish in over 200 years, how's their culture and economy like. Have the british tried to separate them culturally/identify them differently from spaniards? Maybe a "hispano-berber Canarian" identification. Was it further settled by spanish, north african or mediteranean people during the british period?

Wait mauritius is Italian? How did they gain it from the british?

Probably a mistake on my part making the map, the Italian islands on the Indic are only the ones OTL France has.

I wonder how the canaries are... They haven't been Spanish in over 200 years, how's their culture and economy like. Have the british tried to separate them culturally/identify them differently from spaniards? Maybe a "hispano-berber Canarian" identification. Was it further settled by spanish, north african or mediteranean people during the british period?

IOTL the UK exerted considerable influence on the islands during the 19th and 20th centuries, with some Canary Islander even telling me that Spain was only the "subsidiary colonial power". Even today there's a widespread feeling of being a Canary Islander first, and a Spaniard second while some people don't even feel Spaniard at all. 200 years ago, the distinction between the Canary Islander and the Godo (Peninsular Spaniard) was even wider, so the British wouldn't need to push much to create a separatio, it would rather arise naturally from the situation.

ITTL economically the situation is very similar, and the turistic sector would be the main engine of the Canarian economy. The country has been historically a source of emigration, so I imagine not much people have settled apart from British colonial and military administrators and some businessmen, although I envision that from the late 20th century it has become the preferred destiny for British retirees to settle, so in the 21st century they are the main Anglophone contingent. The majority if the population though is of local extraction and Spanish-English bilingual, and identify themselves either as solely Canarian or as Canarian and British, with the push for reunification with Spain as low as OTL Puerto Rico's.

Happy New Year!​

ddd53rq-5d17ed81-c4a7-46dc-be4c-017872e80648.png

SNIP...​
This is some damn good stuff. Curious though as i appear to be useless at researching stuff around Edward VIII...

Who's Alexandra of Bourbon? and also who's your picture for George VI?

This is some damn good stuff.

Thanks!

Curious though as i appear to be useless at researching stuff around Edward VIII...

He's OTL Edward VIII, later Duke of Windsor. ITTL Edward VIII (of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha) doesn't meet Wallis Simpson and as a result he doesn't have to abdicate the throne, although his infatuation and eventual marriage to a Catholic does spark a minor crisis.

Who's Alexandra of Bourbon? and also who's your picture for George VI?

She's a fictional character, part of the former Spanish Royal Family exiled in the UK. The picture is OTL's Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip.

Given that the UK has the second largest economy, shouldn't its defence spending be higher than being sixith?

It spends less on military as a percentage of GDP than 4 of the other 5 countries, which mantain large land armies, while the US spends more by virtue of its economy being the largest even if it spends less than IOTL.

Very nice! What were the novohispanic states’s stance in the ACW?

None recognized either the Confederacy nor Colorado because Washington made it clear that it would mean war with the Union, but the peoples of Texas, Sonora and Río Bravo (not yet called "Bravine Republic") generally favored secessionists because they linked it to their own secessions from Mexico, even if they didn't particularly backed slavery.

Colorado enlisted Sonoran volunteers in its militia, and Sonoran guerrillas fought along Coloradoans after the Union forces occupied the state. As a result, there were Union raids into Sonora and its government eventually ceded and extradited the wanted men to the US to appeasse them.

In Texas, a couple thousand Americo-Texans enlisted into the Confederate ranks and Texas was important as the only country with overland access to the CS, becoming the most essential way of bypassing the blockade, meaning that Texas thrieved with the war industry. After the Conquest of Louisiana, the Union posed to much threat and the Texan government didn't want to risk the relations, so they delivered Confederate units which fled to Texas to the US military.

In the Republic of Río Bravo, lacking direct access to either party, the war was a more distant event without direct repercussions, although Bravines volunteered both to Confederate and Unionist units.

Wew, well we finally get a glimpse of the mess that is Africa ITTL... And to think that these were the succesful ones, i fear to think about French West Africa or International Congo, they must be freaking dystopian.

Did the independent states after the war suffer from civil war? How succesful is the Zentralafrikanische Partnerschaft today? I've seen part of Nigeria wants to join. How were the remaining german settlers treated? Was their nationalisation/redistribution of their assets?

What was the Afrikanische Wehrmacht?

Looking next to kamerun, i see Fernando Po/Bioko seems British aligned, i imagine it was sold in the 19th century (as Britain repeatedly offered spain IRL), I imagine it had a pretty large british military presence during the central african war, how developped is it today?

Btw, how did "Tanganyika/Rwanda/Burundi" come into existence? Were they german colony or not. How's life there?

Again, i'd love to see Native African initiatives and reaction to the Ultracolonialism of this TL, also interested by the various Chinese/Ethiopian/Lao/Cambodian international help and anti colonial actions and support.