No W-An Alternate 2000s TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the US is preparing to invade the Middle East, with the express purpose of exterminating all Muslims and taking all the oil for themselves.

New update.
BOMBS GO OFF AT DC FOURTH OF JULY PARADE

New York Times
July 4, 2008

A Fourth of July celebration in the nation's capital turned into a scene of horror when two bombs went off during a parade.

According to Washington DC police, the explosions resulted in 28 dead and nearly 200 injured.

So far, nobody has stepped forward to claim responsibility for the bombing. The US government has blamed the Continental Army, a revolutionary group dedicated to overthrowing the federal government.

New update.
Tell us about the July 4 2008 attacks

"The Continental Army had been a thorn in the side of the Santorum/Lott Administration for some time. They had the support of a large chunk of the American public, despite the government's attempts to paint them as barbaric terrorists. The most vexing part was that the Army made a point of minimizing collateral damage in their attacks on the federal government. Operation Festival was meant to change that."

How was this operation carried out?

"A couple of FBI agents set up two bombs on a street where a parade was scheduled to go. The only real trouble was finding someone willing to kill American civilians in cold blood."

Did Operation Festival succeed in turning the American public against the Continental Army?

"Not really. The only people who fell for it were the kind of people who already saw the Army as violent anarchists. Everyone else saw right through it."

Testimony of John Ashcroft, former Director of the FBI, to the Sotomayor Commission, November 21, 2011

Out of curiosity, was it ever stated what exactly happened to Osama Bin Laden? Was he killed in the Indo Pakistani war, or does he still run Al-Qaeda?

Out of curiosity, was it ever stated what exactly happened to Osama Bin Laden? Was he killed in the Indo Pakistani war, or does he still run Al-Qaeda?

He could have died in the Pak-India nuclear war. Alterntively, he could be alive in War torn Afghanistan and laughing while eating popcorn at the mess America has become.

With America having turned into a theocratic dictatorship, I can imagine Osama is doing something like this:
hqdefault.jpg

New update.

DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION HELD IN PHILADELPHIA

Reuters
July 11, 2008

The Democratic Party of the United States has convened at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia to select a candidate for 2008 Presidential Election.

It is generally accepted that Representative Bud Cramer from Alabama will be chosen as candidate. Cramer's message of moderate conservatism has won over Americans dissatisfied by the Santorum Administration's increasing extremism. Cramer also has the support of the Heartland Party, a splinter party from the Republicans, has also endorsed Cramer in lieu of running their own candidate.

However, some in the Democratic Party feel that Cramer's ideology is too similar to Santorum's. Former Vermont governor Howard Dean has emerged as Cramer's strongest challenger.

The 2008 Democratic National Convention was an unmitigated disaster. Things started out fine on the first day, with Cramer pledging to roll back Santorum's policies. The convention started to fall aprt the next day, when Howard Dean brought up Cramer's conservative voting record and suggested that Cramer would not in fact repeal Santorum's policies. Things deteriorated from there as Dean supporters accused Cramer supporters of being DINOs-Democrats in name only.

By the end of the convention, the Democrats had split into two factions. Cramer was the "official" ticket. As an olive branch to left-wingers, he chose Senator Dianne Feinstein of California as his running mate. Dean launched his own "rogue" candidacy, choosing Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois as his running mate.

Chris Hedges, Santorumstan: Life Under American Theocracy, 2012

I don't think Feinstein would count as a concession to the Democratic left. She's only slowly transitioned away from acting like a red state Democrat.

New update.
EGYPTIAN GOVERNMENT ABANDONS ALEXANDRIA

The Telegraph
July 14, 2008

The government of the Islamic Republic of Egypt has evacuated from Alexandria as Israeli forces draw closer.

Due to the recent upheaval in the country, the Egyptian military has suffered a decrease in quality as senior officers have been purged in favour of more fanatical but less experienced Muslim Brotherhood soldiers. Complicating Egypt's situation, there continues to be widespread unrest as citizens continue to protest the government's draconian application of Islamic Law.

As of now, the Islamic Republic has moved the capital to the city of Aswan.

I wonder how Gen Z will look back at the 2000's and perhaps early 2010's once they reach adulthood by late 2010's and early 2020's. Surely a lot of us of Gen Z are probably going to remember nothing but a lot of fucked up things that happened in the world especially in the US with what happening to LGBT community who are being sent to camps to be cured. Surely I wonder if Gen Z might end up fighting for the rights of the LGBT or are sadly already been brainwashed by society to see them in negative light.

I wonder how Gen Z will look back at the 2000's and perhaps early 2010's once they reach adulthood by late 2010's and early 2020's. Surely a lot of us of Gen Z are probably going to remember nothing but a lot of fucked up things that happened in the world especially in the US with what happening to LGBT community who are being sent to camps to be cured. Surely I wonder if Gen Z might end up fighting for the rights of the LGBT or are sadly already been brainwashed by society to see them in negative light.

Not to mention the other oppressions the US is having under Frothy. Or, you know, a good chunk of the planet getting nuked.

Not to mention the other oppressions the US is having under Frothy. Or, you know, a good chunk of the planet getting nuked.
Yeah basically 2000's was a fucked up time that nobody wants to remember in this world.

Also what exactly is going on in China currently? I haven't caught up much on this TL (since I am still devoted and mostly paying attention to my own TL so I never had much time to read much of No W)

Looking back at the 08’ election, I’m a bit surprised that Obama didn’t run. Instead, it’s a low name Representative from Alabama who ends up with the nomination. Coming to think about it, Obama’s message of ‘hope and change’ would really resonate with many voters ITTL.

Since we are currently in July 14, 2008 in this timeline, I am still eleven and probably caring about world politics. Though I must say, due to Rick Santorum's strict control on the media, many cartoons in OTL would come out differently in this TL as most of the creator's would have moved to Canada, Australia, or Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.