No Southern Strategy: The Political Ramifications of an Alternate 1964 Election

Ending post
Hey guys, long time no see. I'm just going to cut out the fluff and say, we're ending No Southern Strategy.

There's a few reasons. We've been writing this for over five years now. A lot has happened since then, we've both grown up and grown away from this project. It's been fun, I loved writing this, I loved interacting with you guys, seeing you respond and theorycraft what comes next over the years. But, well, 5 years is a long time. We've both kind of moved on. I haven't been able to write anything for this in what feels like several years. I've personally felt exhausted with this project for a while, and the enthusiasm that was in the earlier updates also dried up a while ago. Plus real life has gotten in the way for both of us, and I, personally, am having some minor health issues (nothing serious, I'm not dying, but thinking about NSS has been giving me feelings of anxiety, when I think about it, for a while now, even before my recent health thing).

I don't want you guys to think that I've grown to hate NSS or anything. Writing this and interacting with you guys has been some of the most fun I've had for years. I enjoyed writing it, I enjoyed interacting with you. I'll always treasure those posts, and those memories. But it's time to move on. I know that waiting for updates is a meme here, but there won't be anymore. We got 30 years of this story developed (counting overseas stuff), we've had adventures around the world, I enjoyed all of that, but I can't do anymore. Realistically speaking, we could have developed this into modern day and never be done, because history never finishes.

Thank you for being with us this far, for being patient with us (and by that I mean me, because Gonzo went above and beyond in keeping NSS afloat for a long time), for voting us a Turtledove, and for everything else.

I will make no promises, but I might throw out some remaining wikiboxes that were meant to go with updates, some notes on what could have been in the future of the story, and maybe (again, super no promises) we'll try and fix some of the earlier posts (which have missing wikiboxes).

I'm sad to see this TL go. But it has had a good run, and I've thoroughly enjoyed it throughout.

So thanks for all the excellent content.

Sad to hear, but the fact that this TL ran as long as it did is kind of a miracle. No Southern Strategy set a high bar for election wikibox TLs, and will always hold a place in the AH community's heart.

Last edited: