No Ottomans No Mughals?

Deleted member 170004

Would there be a Mughal Empire without Ottomans ?

Ottoman cannons, Muskets and their operators headed the battle of Panipat

without them
would Babur win the battle ?

if no then how would this effect Indian history ?

Would there be a Mughal Empire without Ottomans ?

Ottoman cannons, Muskets and their operators headed the battle of Panipat

without them
would Babur win the battle ?

if no then how would this effect Indian history ?
I think Mughals could have still given a bloody nose to the Lodis even without the Cannons. By all accounts, Lodi was heavily dependent upon his superior numbers, allowing himself to be confronted on a disadvantageous battlefield, and subsequently flanked by a much better-organized foe.

This would butterfly the outright conquest of the whole sultanate. I reckon in this case the Rajputs and the Afghans in the East would have finished off whoever held Delhi either way.

You might see a Sisodia-led Rajput Confederacy dominate the lands once held by the Pratiharas, especially if the Purbiya chieftains of Bhojpur can be enticed to support their Western brethren like they did the Mughals otl. Bhojpuri Purbiyas were considered amongst the finer gunpowder infantry and served as infantrymen in armies across North India. The fact that the region was known for its saltpeter deposits (and later as a hub of gunpowder production) may have enabled this familiarity with firearms. Whoever manages to hold on to this region would have a massive advantage come to the gunpowder era.

I am not sure whether such an entity would centralize over time like the Mughals, or dissolve into a Maratha-like confederacy. I guess it depends on how gunpowder proliferates through the subcontinent.

There is also the chance that Afghans of Bengal take the initiative and roll over the plains as Suris did some decades later.

Deleted member 170004

think Mughals could have still given a bloody nose to the Lodis even without the Cannons. By all accounts, Lodi was heavily dependent upon his superior numbers, allowing himself to be confronted on a disadvantageous battlefield, and subsequently flanked by a much better-organized foe
But
Ottomans Headed the battle
Lodi could've overwhelmed Babur's forces which were very outmatched
Unless
Babur pulls a Timur
Makes elephants destroy their army by scaring them with flaming animals