Nintendo's New Groove: An Alternate Nintendo Timeline

Do you think that this should get its own TV Tropes page?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BREAK TIME FILLER
Before we get to 2004, let's look at some quotes.
Will there be another Mario game for the Vortex eventually?

It was unfortunate OTL's GameCube only had Sunshine - despite that being a good game.
Oh, you'll see what I got for you.
Has a Tv Tropes page of Nintendo's New Groove been created yet?
Not yet, but let's wait and see what happens.
I even came up with some ideas for how races in my TL's OoT/MM would fit in for various parts of the former British Empire.
Thanks for that!

2004: A New Touch of Life
Before we move on to 2004, I may want to let you know that The Legend of Zelda: Temple of Elements (Nintendo Vortex) will be replaced with The Legend of Zelda: Duel of the Empires!
Don’t know what it is? Then I suggest that you will know what it looks like (ideas by Andrew Boyd).: Link 1 and Link 2 (See what I did here?)

Anyway, 2004 is a highly anticipated year for Nintendo fans, with two big launches for them, the Nintendo DS, a new handheld with two screens, one with a touch screen, and a special crossover between two of the biggest gaming icons ever...but more on that later. The DS launches with a slew of exciting games, including new 2D entries for Mario and Sonic, an unique animation program called Flipnote Studio, and a new 4-player Zelda adventure. The Super Game Boy makes its last hurrah with its six last Nintendo-published games, including a special oddball in Jumpman vs. Donkey Kong, a new classic-styled DK game using the original character designs, seemingly based on a cancelled Donkey Kong project for the original Game Boy (and Game Boy Color).

The Nintendo Vortex is still going strong, especially with Banjo-Threeie finally coming out, much to the Rare fans’ delight, along with Sega bringing the goods with a remastered version of Sonic Adventure, and a new Puyo Puyo title (known as “Puyo Puyo Fever”). And also a new Ice Climber game, a port of Earthbound/Mother 2, and a port of Puzzle League/Panel De Pon.

BTW, stay tuned for more details about the Nintendo DS, notable game releases ITTL, and a special crossover between two of the biggest gaming icons ever!

Dang. I wanted Mario and Sonic crossover game to be a platformer game.
Also, Does Fang and shadow even actually interact at all in this timeline?
If the crossover game is even a Platformer, i have to be handled by Miyamoto and EAD themselves and Sonic Team to Stay away of it as far as they can...i doubt the skills of ST to NOT fuck it up

If the crossover game is even a Platformer, i have to be handled by Miyamoto and EAD themselves and Sonic Team to Stay away of it as far as they can...i doubt the skills of ST to NOT fuck it up
True but what about in sonic the hedgehog franchise in this timeline, has Team hooligans ever interacted with Shadow the hedgehog or Rouge the bat but as i far know that omega didn't exist.

True but what about in sonic the hedgehog franchise in this timeline, has Team hooligans ever interacted with Shadow the hedgehog or Rouge the bat but as i far know that omega didn't exist.
Dunno as the OP, i never cared that much about sonic friends not name tails or knuckles

All About the Nintendo DS and Other 2004 Stuff from Nintendo
The Nintendo DS
ZZbN6T-u4LbRRX2eo1u2kIwreeSN8VeUbwUvruoe_ttqSm0D-iibarSIhi06Xuv05xXFjhgzlrMU0RTeJXLDaj7REA557MFK7yqQVQfHNSAwvaTcPNYNuZlPOM7jjR2cdYmKgr39

The Nintendo DS
Released in: November 21, 2004 (in North America); December 2, 2004 (in Japan); February 24, 2005 (in Australia); March 11, 2005 (in Europe)
Here we have the Nintendo DS, and as the title says, it is double-screened! One of them’s a touch screen, BTW. There’s even a stylus to use for touching. Now, what are the launch titles like?
  • Asphalt Urban GT
  • BowserQuest Double Screened!
  • Feel the Magic: XY/XX
  • Flipnote Studio
  • Madden NFL 2005
  • Metroid Prime Hunters
  • Mr. Driller Drill Spirits
  • Pokemon Dash
  • Sonic Rush
  • Spider-Man 2
  • Super Mario Origins (known as New Super Mario Bros. IOTL)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
  • The Urbz: Sims in the City
  • WarioWare: Touched!
There have been many variants, such as electric blue, titanium, lava red, snow white, and emerald green.

Right now, let’s talk about some of the games for this.:
Super Mario Origins
NOTE: This takes Super Mario 64 DS’s spot ITTL (but keep in mind that I’ll add in the Super Mario 64 DS analogue later). Also NO, this is not the origin story for Mario. The “Origins” in this title shows the classic 2D roots of this game.
This is just like OTL’s New Super Mario Bros., with some of the beta elements introduced. So let’s get to the storyline.:
All was peaceful in the Mushroom Kingdom, but Tatanga the Mysterious Spaceman is out to wreak some havoc across the Mushroom Kingdom! Now, it’s up to Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Princess Peach to stop Tatanga at all costs!

Anyway, here are the worlds for this game, and the recurring tower boss is Digit-Tail (a robotic being with a tail created by Professor E. Gadd, but was under control by Tatanga).
  1. World 1 (Grasslands) (was known as Mushroom Plains ITTL) (Castle Boss: Heat-Beast)
  2. World 2 (Desert) (was known as Pipe Desert ITTL) (Castle Boss: Mummipokey)
  3. World 3 (Beach) (was known as Tropical Shores ITTL) (Castle Boss: Cheepskipper)
  4. World 4 (Temple/Forest) (was known as Treetop Temple ITTL) (Castle Boss: Goomboss)
  5. World 5 (Snow) (was known as Vanilla Lake ITTL) (Castle Boss: Petey Piranha)
  6. World 6 (Mountains/Factory) (was known as Mechanical Mountain ITTL) (Castle Boss: Monty Tank)
  7. World 7 (Sky) (was known as Sky Gateway ITTL) (Castle Boss: Lakithunder)
  8. World 8 (Volcanic/Badlands) (was known as Volcanic Darkness ITTL) (Castle Boss: Hijacked Bowser & Bowser Jr.) (Final Boss: Tatanga)
It’s been noted that it’s quite different from OTL’s New Super Mario Bros., but overall, it’s a pretty good Mario game.
Sonic Rush
That’s right! Sonic’s first Nintendo DS game is now a launch title ITTL. It’s also the introduction of Blaze the Cat, BTW.

Other than that, it’s the same as it was IOTL, nuff said.
BowserQuest Double Screened!
It is similar to OTL’s Super Mario 64 DS, but with a BowserQuest skin. The four playable characters are Bowser, Nise A. Zure, Volcanard Vast, and Pyronica Doragon. Everything else? Well, it’s got all the familiar locations from the BowserQuest series, as well as the enemies, bosses, items, whatever it has!

Also, from the Nintendo Gamecube, other notable releases for this system such as Wario World (which has been given more time to become more polish, and becoming more of its Japanese Version ITOL with bug fixes, and second phase of Black Jewel), Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Pikmin 2, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Mario Party 5, Mario Power Tennis, and WarioWare, Inc. Mega Party Game$! have been released. Aside from Jumpman vs. Donkey Kong, the five released for the Super Game Boy are WarioWare: Twisted!, Diddy Kong Pilot, The Legendary Starfy 3, Kirby & The Amazing Mirror, and Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen.

BTW, wait for the special crossover between two of the biggest gaming icons ever, starring Mario and Sonic!