Nintendo's Animation Domination: A Collaborative TL

1987 - 20th Century Fox releases Carcharodon, a killer shark movie about a large great white shark who attacks humans because of a serious head injury it suffered during a hunting incident. Peter Benchley was hired as a scientific advisor, and he accepted on the condition that the movie would have elements that would discourage overhunting of sharks. Favorably compared to Jaws: The Revenge by critics due to superior special effects, a less nonsensical story, and featuring a shark that's both scary and tragic, the movie proves a sleeper hit.

@nick_crenshaw82 - I don't think I understand your post. Is that basically supposed to be what the Mario movie would look like in this world?

Holding off on a submission until I get an answer.

EDIT: Typo

Last edited:
@nick_crenshaw82 - I don't think I understand your post. Is that basically supposed to be what the Mario movie would like in this world?

Holding off on a submission until I get
Plus if Nintendo wants an animated movie with ask a Westerner? Japan is booming thanks the bubble and there a lot of animation studios can do it locally and cheaper.

@nick_crenshaw82 - I don't think I understand your post. Is that basically supposed to be what the Mario movie would look like in this world?

Holding off on a submission until I get an answer.

EDIT: Typo
Yes it is. I figure with a Japanese animation company working with a western company they could split the cost between them and screen it to a bigger audience.