Nicopolis 1396 WI: Sigismund of Luxembourg captured by Ottomans

More frequently used PoD is Sigismund dying at Nicopolis instead of luckily returning to Hungary alive, but what if Sigismund, like many other prominent crusaders, ended as prisoner of the Sultan?

Ottomans would certainly request massive ransom and concesions from Hungary. How would Hungarians react? Would anti-Luxembourg magnates attempt to just depose the King (whose position was already weakened after his wife Mary of Anjou died) and offer the throne to Hedwig & Jogaila or Ladislaus of Naples (backstabbing Christian monarch, who fought against Muslims would not look nice for rest of Christian world).

@Fehérvári @Zygmunt Stary @Kellan Sullivan

More frequently used PoD is Sigismund dying at Nicopolis instead of luckily returning to Hungary alive, but what if Sigismund, like many other prominent crusaders, ended as prisoner of the Sultan?

Ottomans would certainly request massive ransom and concesions from Hungary. How would Hungarians react? Would anti-Luxembourg magnates attempt to just depose the King (whose position was already weakened after his wife Mary of Anjou died) and offer the throne to Hedwig & Jogaila or Ladislaus of Naples (backstabbing Christian monarch, who fought against Muslims would not look nice for rest of Christian world).

@Fehérvári @Zygmunt Stary @Kellan Sullivan
I like the Ladislaus of Naples option, if only because I feel like they had just gotten rid of one Polish-Hungarian Union, I doubt they would want another one. How this impacts things, I have no idea. As to what it would look like to the rest of Europe, I'm not sure they'd care. Sure, Jogaila and Vaclav IV would, maybe the Habsburgs or Wittelsbachs, but the rest of Europe is rather "distant". Richard II might issue a protest, but little more, while France and Castile are on their own merry-go-round of backstabbing princes. Think what would "concern" everyone is if Ladislaus were to take this as an opportunity to go for the imperial title as well.

I like the Ladislaus of Naples option, if only because I feel like they had just gotten rid of one Polish-Hungarian Union, I doubt they would want another one. How this impacts things, I have no idea. As to what it would look like to the rest of Europe, I'm not sure they'd care. Sure, Jogaila and Vaclav IV would, maybe the Habsburgs or Wittelsbachs, but the rest of Europe is rather "distant". Richard II might issue a protest, but little more, while France and Castile are on their own merry-go-round of backstabbing princes. Think what would "concern" everyone is if Ladislaus were to take this as an opportunity to go for the imperial title as well.
IMHO if Sigismund ends deposed then I see Ottomans releasing him even without ransom, expecting, that he'd start civil war in Hungary, trying to take his throne back.

I like the Ladislaus of Naples option, if only because I feel like they had just gotten rid of one Polish-Hungarian Union, I doubt they would want another one.

Tbh it was more Poles who got rid off union with Hungary, Hungary bossed Poland around during the time of that union and I doubt that was something Hungarians didn't want to happen again (especially as they hoped to take Red Ruthenia from Poland), the problem is the bulk of Hedwig supporters was defeated by Jolsvai Leustak a year earlier.

Would anti-Luxembourg magnates attempt to just depose the

For the time being pro-Luxembourg party is in power, but I'd expect that at least some of them will switch allegiances, probably not to Ladislaus because he would kill him.
Croatian supporters of Ladislaus would have easier time, because they won't be getting massacred by Sigismund if he's capture.
House Celje wouldn't rise to it's OTL prominence because it was Hermann of Celje saving Sigismund's life which ignited it's rise, here presumably instead of Hermann some Ottoman soldier finds him.