Nice Reference Site(s)

The weird thing is, we have so many resources in this thread alone that I still haven't migrated all of them to the Resources section on the wiki. :D And I started with that almost two and a half years ago (though I got sidetracked by other wiki clean-up work as well, much of it equally unfinished). :eek: But keep 'em coming ! :) The more reference sites, the better. :cool:

Delta Force

Banned
Would anyone be interested if I posted links to United States military orders, procedures, and the DEFCON and CONELRAD systems in the 1960s/1970s? I've stumbled across some that might be of general interest while doing research for stories and various things.

Would anyone be interested if I posted links to United States military orders, procedures, and the DEFCON and CONELRAD systems in the 1960s/1970s? I've stumbled across some that might be of general interest while doing research for stories and various things.
Of course. I would be very interested in them.

Website covering aspects of military history with an emphasis on material that could be used to generate alternative histories.

Alternate Wars

The most interesting section (sadly not updated since 2011) covers the original version of the US Armys 'Agressor Force' which started out in around 1947 as a 'Nazis Come Again' type concept (Between c.1947 and c.1951) and slowly morphed into something more like the Red Army, until they were replaced with OPFOR (Aka the Krasnovians).

The detailed backstory looks worth investigating.

Agressor Force (The Circle Trgonists)

Last edited:
Perhaps not a reference site per se, but a useful site for writing timelines: BehindtheName. It's an index of names from different nationalities (a bit Eurocentric, sadly, but still useful), and I find it very useful in creating names for characters in timelines. The Random Renamer (under the tools tab) can do this quite easily.

Thankee, Thande. :)

Perhaps not a reference site per se, but a useful site for writing timelines: BehindtheName. It's an index of names from different nationalities (a bit Eurocentric, sadly, but still useful), and I find it very useful in creating names for characters in timelines. The Random Renamer (under the tools tab) can do this quite easily.

Thank you, but it is already listed. We know a great resource site when we see one.

Amazing website

I do not know if I can post or if it will be of interest here, the link or not because it is not in English, or if posting earlier by some other member ...
* But looking for information about the Spanish-American Armed Forces I found this very good site. :http://www.militar.org.ua/portal.php

<a*href="http://www.militar.org.ua/foro"*title="Para la discusión civilizada sobre las fuerzas armadas, historia militar, las armas y temas afines.">Foro Militar General</a>

(<a href="http://www.militar.org.ua/foro" title="for civilized discussion about the history militar, armadas, forces weapons and military topics afines."> Forum General </a> )

And as an extra bonus I found this alternates time line that leads to, at present, to an alternate World War !! : Http://www.militar.org.ua/foro/ucronia-spain-vs-ee-uu-match-of-eagles-t36355.html

To get this thread living again, I've thought of reporting some of my more interesting finds for the Resources section on the wiki.

Here's a recent one: Vietas.lv

A very cool little site about Latvian geography, tourism and history. Has lots of scrollable maps, interactive map keys, photo collections of various sites, StreetView links, plenty of external links. Though not everything is translated, the important bits of every page are translated into English well (might be typos, but you'll understand the content).