Newbie to the Forum

Greetings all!

My name is Lewis Smith, and I am a long time reader of alternative history and recent author in the same field.
Mostly I write historical fiction, but I've done a couple of alternative history short stories, and my newest book PRESIDENT HAMILTON: A NOVEL OF ALTERNATIVE HISTORY will be released on July 6. I'm really excited for this one; it's a fun story that picks up with the infamous duel at Weehawken and flips the result, with Hamilton surviving (albeit wounded) and Burr perishing. The story moves forward from there and winds up re-writing the entire history of 19th century America before it's done. I have a couple of Hamilton's descendants endorsing it, as well as the founder of the Alexander Hamilton Awareness Society, Rand Scholet.

In addition to the Hamilton novel, I've written several alternative history short stories; most recently this little re-imagining of the Ides of March, which I published last fall on my blog (link below). I hope you enjoy it, and I'd love to get your feedback on my novel once it is released.

Welcome and congratulations, it sounds exciting. I tend to see most writers on here as just putting their links to stories in their signatures, but if you're like me you might not have found how to create a signature yet :) And it's great to get more detail once.

This is a great forum to write and practice in before it's published. We've had several timelines over the years that were later developed into stories. So, ifyou want to try something new, start a tiimeline and let us critique and give you help, and who knows, you might be able to credit AH.com one day like I have for a couple.

Greetings all!

My name is Lewis Smith, and I am a long time reader of alternative history and recent author in the same field.
Mostly I write historical fiction, but I've done a couple of alternative history short stories, and my newest book PRESIDENT HAMILTON: A NOVEL OF ALTERNATIVE HISTORY will be released on July 6. I'm really excited for this one; it's a fun story that picks up with the infamous duel at Weehawken and flips the result, with Hamilton surviving (albeit wounded) and Burr perishing. The story moves forward from there and winds up re-writing the entire history of 19th century America before it's done. I have a couple of Hamilton's descendants endorsing it, as well as the founder of the Alexander Hamilton Awareness Society, Rand Scholet.

In addition to the Hamilton novel, I've written several alternative history short stories; most recently this little re-imagining of the Ides of March, which I published last fall on my blog (link below). I hope you enjoy it, and I'd love to get your feedback on my novel once it is released.

Hello good Sir! Welcome to the forum!

Greywolf - Without giving away too much, Hamilton entered the duel determined to throw away his shot, but when Burr's bullet grazed his side, he reacted in a moment of panic and anger and returned fire with lethal results.
If it's OK to do so, I'll post links to the book once it is available. I'm very excited about it!

I just joined a few minutes ago, so I don't know if I can fully say this but welcome!
It sounds really interesting, I really like the idea

I just joined a few minutes ago, so I don't know if I can fully say this but welcome!
It sounds really interesting, I really like the idea
Well, welcome to the club, then! (I've been here a little over a year and still think of myself as a noob :p)
I'm not much of an author myself (still scheming some things.... matter of fact not sure what the hell I do around here🤪 ) but, @Indiana Smith , this seems to be a great place to test out your writing skills...