Which TL would you most like to see?

• Total voters
Premises of the offered TL's
Hi,

I've been enjoying writing my TL on the ASB thread and have pretty much outlined how things are going to go up to the 2000s, therefore, I don't need to put as much research into it anymore and can focus on doing research for a new TL. I was then inspired by Rub37's similar thread to ask you, the board members, what sort of TL you would like to see.

For this new TL, I would like to move to the pre-1900s Forum to give myself a bit of a challenge and also because I'm hoping I won't have to resort to magic to make my TL work this time around. However, I would quite like your input on what kind of story you would be most interested in:

1. The perfect storm
    1. A successful 1848/-9 revolution
    2. The PoD would be around the 1800s to accomodate for the change necessary for making this TL work
      1. It includes the birth of two novel philosophers shaping German nationalism around the 1800s
      2. These two philosophers will play a big role in the revolutions themselves as well as in implementing the necessary changes beforehand
  2. Die Zukunft steht in den Sternen
    1. Set in a world where the HRE become a much more unified and forceful entity in the middle ages
    2. Probably going to use a Hohenstaufen-based PoD
    3. The PoD is probably going to be mentioned in the premise/prologues but the main story is going to be set a hundred years afterwards, in a world eerily similar yet distinct form our own
  3. Ob’s wohl besser wäre
    1. A successful (ie. lasting) German Empire
    2. This TL would probably make use of a number of PoDs
      1. A non-deformed arm of Wilhelm II
      2. A slightly longer lived Frederick II
      3. A distinct foreign policy from the get-go (including intensive German-Japanese collaboration)
As you can tell, I am most focused on German based TL's. This is partially due to personal interest, increased awareness of German history (I am German after all) and a desire to see TL's exploiting these PoD's (particularly true for option 1 and option 2).

Please, let me know in this discussion, which of these TL's you would be interested in. As a preamble, I would like to state that these TL's will not see the light of day anytime soon, because I first need toresearch the topic in depth, write the outline and then actually pen the story, which is going to take quite a while.

Also, feel free to ask any questions concerning the PoDs I would use or in general what my plans would be surrounding this story :)

Also, screw you guys if you make me write the HRE-TL x'D x'D that's the one I would have to do the most research for certainly.

(Just joking, of course, I am keen to write each of the TL's).

I would say that it is under your own decision. These are all intresting. So if you just write good and plausible TL surely people are going to read that.

Yeah I hope so :coldsweat: but I would as well like to hear people's opinions on which ones they prefer and why . Also, to stimulate some discussion on the individual topics, e.g. what they think would be necessary for a more unified HRE or if they think the 1848 Revolutions were possible at all.

HRE would be very interesting and I am curious what you have in mind for 100 years later
Basically, this would be a crux to not get into the fine details of the PoD and would instead allow me to properly develop the world, without spending years (in real time due to my slow update speed) just slugging through the initial stages of the TL. Of course, the TL would still be properly explained and explored but only in 2 or 3 chapters as I'm envisioning it now.

The surviving HRE sounds good. I don't think I've ever read a German-focused medieval TL.
there are a few good ones just off the top of my head:
  1. https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/final-light-a-carolingian-timeline.474358/ by pralaya
  2. https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...ear-an-alternate-reformation-timeline.433106/ by Zulfurium
  3. https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/the-prince-of-peace.418/ by Faeelin
I'm sure there's more (if anyone knows any, do link them here, I'm always happy to extend my collection of TL-list).

Ok, it seems to be drawn between a TL about a successful 1848-revolution or a surviving HRE.

I'll use my powers of tie-breaking to choose the HRE-TL. I've pretty much settled on starting at the beginning (i.e. Otto the great) and using him (or one of his immediate descendents; Otto III, certainly seems promising) to cow the papacy into submission. You can expect once the TL gets rolling to see a HRE much more focussed on the kingdom of Germany and holding much more sway in religious affairs. The "How?" will still need to be refined but if any of you have any ideas or tips that could see the HRE survive, that would still be appreciated.

For the moment, I'm going to do a lot of research that will mean this TL won't be published for at least the next few months.