New State Flags Thread

List of U.S. state secession proposals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Proposals for new Canadian provinces and territories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Upstate New York's Statehood Movement
New York City secession

This thread is for flag ideas - what you think the flags of new states/provinces might look like. You can go back as far as plausible, or even put forth ideas for what these state flags might look like if they were created in the near future. It's possible - considering how much political influence large cities hold (Michigan, for example, would be a red state without Detroit), the idea of the city-state might come about. And there are precedents for states being created from other states: West Virginia from Virginia is one.
Please put forward whatever ideas you have.

Here is one example:
State of Jefferson (parts of southern Oregon/northern California)
Jefferson_state_flag.jpg

Please feel free to list other state facts.

My greatest desire in domestic politics is for Upstate New York to go away and do their own thing. That's five BILLION dollars a year in tax money that leaves the Long Island/NYC area to fund idiocy like farm subsidies and infrastructure there that we can use to fund idiocy down here instead.

My greatest desire in domestic politics is for Upstate New York to go away and do their own thing. That's five BILLION dollars a year in tax money that leaves the Long Island/NYC area to fund idiocy like farm subsidies and infrastructure there that we can use to fund idiocy down here instead.

It's more about being represented than taxes. Idiocy will always happen, but we should have a say in what idiocy we indulge ourselves in.

What would a combined carolina flag look like?

Despite having the same name, the two Carolinas have very different histories. North Carolina was originally the Albemarle Settlements, and South Carolina was the Province of Carolina. The whole area was established as one colony, but failed to establish much government or settlement before that, and the Carolina Colony fell apart in 1710.
A united Carolina would probably have a symbol on its flag that came from neither states' history or symbolism. Dunno what that would be.

Thande

Donor
Despite having the same name, the two Carolinas have very different histories. North Carolina was originally the Albemarle Settlements, and South Carolina was the Province of Carolina. The whole area was established as one colony, but failed to establish much government or settlement before that, and the Carolina Colony fell apart in 1710.

So there is a historical precedent for if the Carolinas were ever recombined?

I ask because you often see a united 'Carolina' on maps of timelines where the US fell apart after independence.

So there is a historical precedent for if the Carolinas were ever recombined?

I ask because you often see a united 'Carolina' on maps of timelines where the US fell apart after independence.

I don't know what the flag of the original Carolina Charter would look like. I don't think there was one. A united Carolina would probably require a POD before 1710, and I can't see the two Carolinas coming together after that. Their economy and society are very different. In a divided America, North Carolina would probably align with Virginia, and South Carolina would align with Georgia.

NomadicSky

Banned
I'd like for Mississippi to adopt something a little less Confederate it makes us look bad to the rest of the nation. Even the 2001 proposed flag wasn't much of an improvement it still looked like the stars and bars although I liked it much better than the current myself.

Mississippi-2001-flag-proposal.png

Considering Nassau and Suffolk alone have north of 3 million people, we'd damn make a more legitimate state then, say, North Dakota, or Montana.